All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sun-Bleached Bones
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:26 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Okay, so this is a roleplay idea I never truly developed and never really got anywhere with, so it's extremely bare bones and more of a world building thing at the moment. I'll post what I do have and if anyone is interested I'll work on the specifics and getting it fleshed out.

The over-all premise was a strong play of Dragon-Riders and political intrigue and their part to play in it, largely undeveloped I know. But like I said, should there be interest, or anyone has ideas of their own they think would fit and would like to help build the world, that'd be cool. I had great hopes for it being a multi-roleplay idea. Either group or 1 x 1 with multiple characters. I tend to go more with 1 x 1 because I have a distrust of group role-plays surviving.

Well here's the basics I've dug up from an old word document;

Kavyra - Kav-eye-ra

Barren, inhospitable, deserts, likely crags. Barely any water sources naturally, have to pay for water, sources heavily guarded.

Clans, brotherhoods, select few cities and mass populace zones.

Dragons, large protruding formations said to be the remains of city-sized dragons from the old days; Dragons said to have scorched the land that was there's, hence barren and hot, desert-like. Sun is a key in many religions.

Heavily religious [made up] world, lots of tension and usually conflict, grimdark medieval, semi-realistic I guess. I'm not sure if Magic will be around as a 'thing' might be extremely rare and powerful but shunned.

-Kalash, Greater Sky-Borne [City sized dragon of old] main religion.

Dragons still exist, still dangerous, hunted for their hearts which provide extended life; think fountain of youth but gradual.

Insect/Lizard creatures underground? As a possible third faction npc enemy.

Lesser horses, lizard mounts for travel.

Sand-Skimmer's, essentially sandboats and possibly airboats?

"I do what I am meant to do, divide and conquer with the intensity of an earthquake"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Sun-Bleached Bones
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:55 am 

I would be interested in this! Do you have a few more specifics about the plot? What kind of political strife, and how the riders are involved? And how much freedom would we have world-building wise? I'm set on getting my fill of dragon rider rps ^ ^

Instead of 1x1, would you be willing to do something with 3-4 people, perhaps just 3? I could probably handle 2, but my favoritism tends to get in the way of my multiple character skills

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:05 am 

The over-all political strife would be religious tension, the Dragon-Riders themselves being devout zealots of a Holy Order of one faction, against a second faction who have different views on maybe the same religion, but disagree with the Rider's being within the Holy Order and don't believe the dragons should be kept and instead slain, because of what the dragons of old did to Kavyra.

Of course the Dragon Riders themselves wouldn't agree with this and would have the backing of the Holy Order of faction one, so it'd be likely the Rider's mixed views on everything and the views of the outsiders on them and the pressures that lay on them. Attempting to essentially stop a war of extermination. That's the general idea I had anyway, could be worked on obviously.

As for the world building, probably just fleshing it out with races, cities, prominent factions and such, add Lore in as we go along and build off of it. I don't intend on adding a wall of text. As for other people, it'd depend on the people. Haha. I've only ever finished three roleplays in 13 years, because of people leaving and never finishing for no reason. The one's I did finish were because I had a very, very strict select process and knew the people very well.

As a side note, there could also be powers vying for the throne of the capital or something too, for some added plots.

"I do what I am meant to do, divide and conquer with the intensity of an earthquake"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:48 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

You already know I have a huge interest in this. If you're up to it, I am.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:09 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

I'm so interested!

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307