All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:34 pm 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

So, due to a number of people wanting this RP to come back I have gotten permission from Jessie Shadowhold to reboot this RP. So I have decide to quote the original idea from him, as let it go from there.

Jessie Shadowhold wrote:
So I have an idea for a mix of science fiction and fantasy that is, admittedly, inspired by an anime BUT IS NOT IN THE ANIME'S UNIVERSE IN QUESTION!! So don't go all "Fan-fiction based RP, eeew!" on me. It is its own thing, don't worry, I'm just taking the basic concept.

Here's the pitch:

In the early 1980's, children from the ages of 12 to 15 started to disappear from out of nowhere. The rash of discrepancies was proven to be supernatural in nature, holes in the dimensional walls that were both inexplicable and exact, they only appeared around children of that age, they only dragged them in, and they couldn't be predicted or prevented by our modern science. It wasn't until 8 years after the first abduction that the first one returned and the truth was revealed: The children who were taken ended up in an alternate world, and were quickly dragged into being the hero of their own story.

As more and more children returned, it became clearer, that most of the worlds were different, most of them had magic, and that most of the children did not make it back alive. They may have each been the hero of an adventure story, like from a book, move or video game, but that was no guarantee that they were going to survive, and even the ones that did almost never returned unscathed. They did, however, return with knowledge of the sometimes-advanced technology of the other worlds they visited and the most coveted thing of all, many of them returned with the ability to use magic.

With this knowledge, humanity in our world has achieved advances in medicine and technology that would not have otherwise been possible. We have learned the science of magic, how our bodies can be conditioned to manipulate energy, although never to the scale of a Hero Child, what the stolen children were soon to be called, but it did mean that soon all our technology was controlled through the mind of the user instead of limited buttons and touch screens. It is still technology though, as only the Hero Children had the ability to weaponize this manipulation of energy in unique and interesting ways.

What to do with these children became a problem. In the early and mid nineties, they were often found by government officials of their respected countries and forced into the military or government research programs. It wasn't until 1999 one Hero Child, a man named Constantine L. Sylus, amassed enough physical power and political pull in the UN to both create (from his own power) an entire island continent the size of England and declare it was its own country that Hero Children had a safe place to be. By the year 2005, he managed to get laws passed in most major countries that disallowed the exploitation of Hero Children, and by 2009, he had the resources to offer asylum for all Hero Children, as well as education to make up for the years lost fighting in wars that weren't theirs.

The year is now 2014, and while the world is still uneasy, and there are still many countries that have not agreed to Mr. Sylus's laws, the prospect for Hero children is much brighter, and in many respect, so is the world's future.

That's where you come in. You are a Hero Child. You have only just returned to the real world after your adventure. I may have been in any time period we have experienced, or ones that we have not. It may have been similar to earth, or vastly different. There may have been fantastic beasts, astounding technology, but there has almost always been magic in one way or another. You may have been home for only a few weeks or months, or even a year or two, but you are likely still having troubles adjusting to the world you find yourself in, a lot may have changed while you were gone. But you have received a letter, inviting you to come and be a part of Sylus Academy in the new nation of Endorserat. You have accepted for you're own reasons, and regardless of what they are, you are sure to be extraordinary...

Hopefully that wasn't too long and I didn't bore you, but I like a detailed background. So I'm open to suggestions as to what this nations Endorserate is like, or what the modern technology level is in the 'real world,' or anything else. The idea behind the world each Hero Child visited is that it should be unique in some way if at all possible, but the story is focusing on what happens AFTER they get back.

So what do y'all think?

So the idea is exactly the same, and with hope we'll be able to get a good group of people in.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:35 am 

I'm still interested, so I'll be keeping an eye out.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:25 am 

Count me back in. I really wanted to go through with this RP. Fray deserves his time in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:45 am 

I have returned

Nice, now we've got three. I'll wait until the 25th before posting the OOC.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:13 pm 

This has piqued my interest, I'd be honored to come along for the ride if yo'll have me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:20 pm 

I have returned

You'll have to buy a ticket. They sell them for a negative hay penny at the local supermarket.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:03 pm 

Blog: View Blog (13)

I've been trying hard to avoid joining other RPs since school is keeping me busy, but this RP just seems too cool I can't pass it up. So would you mind allowing me in on this RP? I'l buy a ticket if I have to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:13 pm 

I have returned

Sure, though you should know that the price has risen to two negative hay pennies.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:13 pm 

I have returned

Well, I kinda got impatient and jumped the gun. Here is a link to the OOC: viewtopic.php?t=46443

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:33 pm 

New player expressing tentative interest in this, as I rather dig the synopsis. If you'll have me aboard, I'll get to work putting something together; I've already got a few concepts brewin' in the ol' noggin, so it shouldn't take me too long to settle on something more concrete :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:53 pm 

Glad to have you. I'm still playing Fray if you want to see an example from the original.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:06 pm 

That'd be neat. A glance at the overall tone and style of the game beforehand would make for a great edge when I get to putting a concept to paper :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:56 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

well i'll run my old character. You can hassle me vie Facebook if I don't post so that i can make a co-op post if it gets close to summer. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:12 am 

I have returned

Sure, just pop her on the OCC, and would it be ok if I PMed you instead? I don't use Facebook at all.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:19 am 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

sure. :)