All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:29 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Ok, so this will be based on a story I've been working on of late, and will have a minimum of twelve different characters and their companion cats, who will be able to speak and change shape to one of three different forms: house cat form (nice and easy to care for a cat that prefers this form), their regular form (so a Savannah cat would shift into a Cheetah, or a black cat into a Panther-not so easy to care for a cat that prefers this form) and finally, the Battle Cat. This last form is a giant version of the regular form-think a Shire horse sized cheetah, as an example.

These characters and cats will gravitate around the Cat-Eye School, an academy for a group called the Guardians that protect the planet not just from its inhabitants (regular humans) but from an outside influence known as the Star Father that is attempting to destroy it. There's only ever six hundred Guardians at a time, not including their leaders, who are known simply as the Jaguars.

The reason is that it is at least twelve characters is because I'd like six boys and six girls-people are more than welcome to take up more than one if they want, especially as they are divided into the following elemental groups:

Water
Fire
Earth
Air
Light
Dark

I mentioned Jaguars earlier, and I will say now that they are most likely to be NPCs, as they are the only characters that will be able to use all six elements. The twelve we would be centred on can each use one element only, so if you want to take say the fire girl and the water boy, then go ahead and do just that! If there's enough interest, then I will put more detail up, but I will also include the prologue of the story, which is written in first person but describes the world history pretty perfectly, really.

There was once a time when our planet was beginning to die.

This was long before my current time, of course-I was only born fifteen years ago. No, the time I'm talking about was your time, in the turn of the second millenium. Well, it was for you, at least. Earthquakes and tsunamis, erupting volcanoes and blistering winter storms lashed the lands, turning once perfect lands into wastelands. Of course, this wasn't entirely your fault, either-we all know that it was the fault of several generations of humans before you, destroying the planet in order to further their own plans for boundless wealth. Not that it did them any good, in the end.

Anyway, it got to the point where people began to actually notice. Only by then, it was too late-or so they'd thought, because something completely unexpected happened. A Goddess appeared, one who was real, tangible and touchable, directly in front of you. Oh, not you personally, dear reader-this was a little bit after your time. Maybe you lived to see it, I don't know, but it's likely you didn't.

Now, the Goddess was very upset at how the planet She had created had been treated by Her children, but She was still willing to give us another chance. However, that doesn't mean She completely healed the planet and brought back all the dead animals and plants-no, what she did was to take six hundred girls and six hundred boys, then combined each one of them with a particular cat. These cats were the Cheetah, Black Panther, Lion, Tiger, Snow Leopard or Iriomote Wildcat. Once She had finished with these chosen children, she chose two more, a boy and a girl, to be combined with one more very special cat-the Jaguar.

At first, it was thought that the only changes in these children were their appearances, for each gained the distinctive eyes of the cats they'd been combined with, but it was soon discovered that there was more to it than that. Each child had gained control of an element, and once this was discovered, governments across the world began trying to gain control of the children.

The children had seen this coming, however, for the children that had been combined with the Tigers, Snow Leopards and Jaguars had seen glimpses of the future within their elements. Working together, they had created an island floating in the air, where they could live in peace and tranquility while they worked to repair what had been done to our planet. There were many attempts to capture the island, of course, and the children soon learned to fight in order to protect themselves from those who sought to control them. The two Jaguar children rose to the forefront of their kind, and announced that they needed to take action in order to prevent further needless deaths and injuries.

With this in mind, the children came forth from their island, revealing their true strength as the fighter jets and battle ships of your time were all proved to be worthless when it was the elements themselves being wielded against them. However, not one person was harmed in the battle, the children point blank refusing to kill the people that had come to fight them and instead worked to save the lives of everyone they could.

They entered hospitals and homes, healing regular people of their afflictions and addictions alike, sending them out into the world healthier than they ever had been in their lives. Wind farms found that they were being filled with more air than they should have been, and nuclear and coal power plants were shut down and carefully dismantled, quickly returning to their natural states without even a single meltdown. Finally, the Jaguar children themselves spoke to the governments of the world, their voices clearly heard for the first time, as the people running them had realised that there was nothing they could do to keep the children from doing as they liked.

"We are the Jaguars. You have seen the Cheetahs wield Light, and the Black Panthers use Shadow. You have seen the Tigers swim as if they were fish, and the Lions burn their own bodies without harm. You have seen the Snow Leopards fly, and the Iriomote Wildcats produce forests and mould mountains with their bare hands. We say to you now, that we can do all that and more. We are the Goddess's Voice on this planet, and we are the only ones other than She who is capable of wielding the six elements, though we are not as strong as She. Hear us now, for we speak true: You will not continue to treat the planet as you have! We will tear down your nuclear reaction plants the instant they are completely built, we will destroy the weaponry you seek to build. You cut down our forests, and we shall retrieve the wood and begin anew after destroying your tools. You seek to hunt every last fish in the sea, and we shall take your boats high into the mountains and leave them there to rust. We will not stand for the stupidity that you have allowed!"

Their voices were loud and terrible as they spoke, and the governments, in their shock that mere children could be so powerful, tried to laugh at them. The Jaguar children reacted to their laughter by taking the leader of one country, who had been told that he had only a short amount of time to live due to the lung cancer ravaging his body, and used light to remove every last bit of the disease from him. On seeing this, the governments were silenced, the eyes of everyone there wide in amazement. Finally, they began to accept that they were no longer the ones in control, that the Goddess had chosen their leaders for them, and that these children, who had healed and improved the world, would likely do a far better job than they ever had.

And the children did do exactly that, though it was soon discovered that the children they had with each other were all normal humans. However, some children who had been brought up on the land below began to change with puberty, their eyes changing colour and developing cat-like pupils and the powers that went with them. With this discovery, the Jaguars decreed that all children born on the floating island would be fostered on the ground below, and that it would be all children, not just their own, that would be fostered from the age of five. While this caused a great uproar at first, it was soon accepted that this would likely be best for the children, as it meant that should their powers emerge and they have to leave for the island that the emotional ties that they would have formed with their natural parents would not be destroyed at an age that they would easily remember. However, to alleviate this decision, the Jaguars also decreed that if both the child and his or her parents wished it, that they could once again meet on the child's sixteenth birthday, as it had quickly been found that if a child's gift did not emerge before then that it never would.

The world has become better since then, of course, what with how we now have enough natural energy to power our homes without the need for nuclear plants or anything like that. Everyone plays games online, and that's how they also monitor whether or not you have powers growing inside you-something to do with how the helmet is set up, I hear. Supposedly it measures your pupils, and the instant it finds them elongating it sets off an alarm on the island. Oh yeah, I almost forgot-they have a school up there for the newbies to attend, and as you can imagine with six hundred girls and six hundred boys going through it at various ages, it can make for some pretty funky events. Still, the most we ever hear of it down here is the occasional explosion from some Lion or Iriomote Wildcat dueling it out. Anyways, the alarm goes off, and one of the Guardians-which is what we landies call them-comes with their partner to take you off to school.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:18 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I call Fire Girl :D If I can do that that is. O.O

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:50 am 

Of course you can! That means you will have a Lioness for your companion kitty, which as a house cat would be an orange tabby Persion (think Crookshanks from Harry Potter).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:52 am 

YES! :D And got the perfect picture to fit my new character for here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:56 pm 

I'm glad to hear it, and I look forward to seeing what she's like! You can take more than one character if you wanted to, though, and if it comes down to it, we can always have a 1x1 with maybe the water girl. >.<

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:00 pm 

I am so down for that myself. :D I am currently thinking up the character a bit more.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:05 pm 

Do it, and then we can always take on other characters later in the thread. =^.^= once I've finished writing up this app, I'll write up the water girl and set up an ooc for us. =^.^=

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:36 pm 

Sounds good, I will star to work on Fire girl.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:52 pm 

Well here is what I got.

Name: Shirah
Cats Name: Felicia
Race: Guardian
Personality: She has a warm heart, and a caring side, she normally keeps to herself for most people cast her aside for her power was Fire, and she herself feared burning things around her, especially if her emotions got to out of control.
Background: (In progress thinking of having her memory almost gone from anything before the academy)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:58 am 

Oh, yeah-extra information for you, Jirou, about the rp! Our gals would be upperclassmen, so they've been at the school for at least a year before the rp starts. This is shown by the fact that they have their cats in the first place-going to the Island's cattery is kind of a graduation procedure showing that they have at the least a basic control over their powers (that doesn't mean changing Shirah, though-basic control still means she can lose control when she's wound up about something).

Also, they will have been placed into groups to start working together as a team, and will have been told about the second reason for the Guardians' existence-not just to protect the Earth from its inhabitants, but also from the Goddess's evil younger twin, the Star Father. Battles with him and his 'hounds' are kept secret from the world at large and are conducted off-planet in space.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:08 pm 

I like it, this will be a lot of fun, since it going to start with the two of us, the team just starts as the two of them I am taking it with avalibility for another member at any given moment, even in mid mission.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:34 pm 

It would certainly make things easier, yes! It would give our girls a chance to explore the Island, and would then lay out the world for others to see, too. Hadn't thought of that. =^.^= So... Shall I do a write up of how the Island looks to new arrivals being brought to it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:41 pm 

Yea, I will be happy to see that and start things up as soon as you are ready

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:43 pm 

I will get it done as soon as I can, but in the meantime, here's the proper OOC Chat thread for it-I've been advised it would be a good idea to move discussions there. >.<