All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Outlaw Stars
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:02 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

So, bear with me here. I'm thinking a dystopian future, in which America and North Korea actually engage in conflict, and America lost. Much of the United States was annihilated by nuclear warfare, yet the land mass and population added greatly to the Korean empire, which also now includes much of China and south Korea. The communist government decided that, in order to maintain stability within it's massive borders, it had to instill the same life style which had kept order within its own borders. Regulations were made on everything from gas to food. The biggest changes came to entertainment and free speach.

Speaking against the government was punishable by death, be it in the middle of a riot or in a coffee shop. Martial law included the instillment of a military police force which served directly under the government, taking orders from noone else. These peacekeepers serve as Judge, Jury, and executioner.

Now wait, Mr. Narrator, where do our characters come in? What are they? Well I'll tell you. 60 percent of all the nation's entertainment industries, actors, and musicians were executed as examples. Music, in it's most free form, is illegal. All forms of entertainment are, really. Only government informational programs exist on live air.

Now of course, Americans won't stand for this kind of crap. It just isn't in our nature. Underground concerts, plays, even poetry readings sprang up all over the country. People craved the flavor it brought to the oppression. Our characters will be members of an underground rock band (the most widely accepted genre, and inherently defiant against "the man" it was the most logical decision.) There will be a fare amount of action to the story, killing peacekeepers and the like, but that isn't our group's gial. It's about the music, the drama, betrayal of moles in the underground clubs. Think more Sin City than the expendables. Character sheets should include:

Name:

Band Position: (Instrument or vocals)

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory: (We all have a story, how did we meet? That sort of thing)

We will be needing two Guitarists, backup and lead. Vocals, Drums, and I will cover Bass.

LG:

BG:

V:

D:

B: Laughingstok's character.

Our band's backstory will be colaboratively put together by us all in OOC, if you wish to include another person's character in you r own Backstory please get permission, obviously. My character will be the one who either approached, or was approached hy your character unless a former member did that job for me just to give us a focal point.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Outlaw Stars
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:14 pm 

Psst, I am interested. Immensely so in fact.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:37 pm 

Psst. That's really cool. Throw up a character idea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:27 pm 

Okay. . . I do not have a bunch fully thought out for my character yet, but I am working on it.

So far I have a bit of her family and background. I am thinking that she is going to have North Korean descent. Her grandparents had worked with the government in earlier years. So they are very familiar with the internal workings of the system, well at least a bit more than the basics, as they had been retired for a while and things can change-- for better or for worse. Her grandparents are the head of her family and reign over them with an iron first, only out of over protection. Overall, due to her family's ties in the past with the government, they have a good standing and reputation, but no one knows she is part of an underground band.

Wait. . . Was this what you meant by throwing up a idea?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:16 pm 

Yes it is! And it sounds great, I like the idea of corrupting someone who was raised with those values and she gets sort of converting them to the other side of the "war" so to speak, but let's save discussion like that for the OOC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:34 pm 

Whew, I though I did it wrong. Thank you! I can not wait to roleplay with you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:26 pm 

Don't worry about the character sheet for right now. I'm going to wait until we have at least one more person to start this, as that's the bear minimum for a band

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:39 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I would interested in working behind the scenes. Perhaps groupy or love interest. I could help with publicity secretly keeping music politically correct. In secret have music available underground.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:43 pm 

Sounds cool, but I can't really have a band without other members, so I hope others will join or else you won't have a band to be a groupy too.