All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Multi-Genre Search
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:12 am 

I'm the unexpected item in your baggage area

Blog: View Blog (0)

Alright, kiddos, here's the deal: I'm bored and I wanna do some writing that is a good exercise for my writing muscles. This can either be a 1x1 or small group story and I'm looking for multiple partners so feel free to hit me up even if you see some chatter below!

This is more of a general alpha search than anything, but I really enjoy creating plots with a partner first so you'll have to excuse the mess. The word vomit you will see below is to help you decide if we should begin to try and hash something out.

**One big note is bring me an idea, the worst I can say is no and I might surprise you. Now, please, continue.
****A slightly smaller note here. All this might seem a bit much and strict, but it's just to avoid getting one of our hopes up only to dash it on the unforgiving rocks of 'that's not what I was expecting'.
******** One last one, I swear. I would love to get into an Ancient Greek setting. Elements of mythology would be welcomed and I've got a female mercenary that I've been dying to try out. Please note, she's not the swooning type nor brooding damsel in distress. I'd love to get her into a story surrounding a group of fighters. ************

What I do not do:
-Highschool related stories
-Characters under the age of 18 (most of my characters are mid-twenties and up, though I do occasionally rp the young guns, but I am not keen on going any younger)
-Anime themed/styled rps or Japanese tradition based stories
-Nearly all fandoms (Will do: 10th Kingdom, Prototype, and Borderlands)
-Play m for m/f romances. Though I have many secondary characters and this is possible for them, I refuse to do it for my main because I am sick of wishy-washy female characters sucking at existing and being one dimensional
-super drama-y teen drama. aka cheating girl/boy friends, prego-gripe fests, crying pity parties, celebrities, boring ass real life drama
-extremely short term rps
-heavy sci-fi IF I am the lead plot writer. Bring what you will but I am just not good at writing it myself
-OOC planning with people who type only one or two sentences. If you contact me and suddenly stop talking, I will assume you do not want to take the effort to plan out a detailed story
-drop rps without telling you

What I do:
-world/lore building for worlds with fantasy elements
-monsters, mayhem, and misery. I like stories with plenty of creatures creating trouble, and that trouble being terrible. AKA give me your badies, your cannibals, and your beasts! We'll get along great that way or, if you prefer, I can introduce you to mine
-all gender pairings with the exception of having to constantly be the m in m/f settings. Please note most of my characters are guys but I hardly play them against female mains
-romance. Great in a plot and can do wonders! Despite sounding all grouchy, I like having this in a story, especially with the unlikely or outlandish pair of characters coming together. Bring on different creatures, pairings, and unlikely set ups and we can see where it goes
-power struggle/inequality dynamics
-good character interaction
-humor. Expect me to toss in some comedy or lighter elements no matter what. On this note, I will occasionally do a happy fluffy sort of story IF you are a good enough writer to keep it interesting
-creatures as pets. Love dealing with some creatures in this setting
-evil characters. Love me my villains and doing some fun plots revolving around them. Think fun evil overlords to demons out of their element
-lots of OCC with an active partner. I love to chat about the story and in general so bring it

Common elements I enjoy/plot starters:
-outlandish crime elements (think supernatural thieves, werewolf cops, and demons who eat people who double park)
-urban fantasy (think of life today, and then add some fun stuff like monsters in the sewers, ghosts that have an online afterlife, etc)
-unlikely romance (frenimies, rival leaders, long term friends, creatures)
-monsters (terrible man-eating things, shadow demons, mythological beasts, friendly cats)
-high fantasy (elves that don't just look pretty, dwarves who are not just comic relief, dragons who chill the heck out, demons who run inns rather well, barbarian women who actually wear clothing, mages with muscle, degrees of magic use, female mercenaries who actually wear clothing, etc)
-war driven plots

Pre-made plot ideas can be found in my rp resume linked in my signature, though I am more than happy to start hashing something out. Please post here or PM for some OOC chattin' !

Last edited by The Luggage on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Multi-Genre Search
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:37 am 

I am most certainly interested in starting something in Alpha. This also seems to be a good chance to use some of my more inhuman characters since you share a fondness for strange beasts and critters.

Does either a mechanical sarcophagus designed to resurrect legendary heroes in hopes of fending off a world eating dragon or a insectoid entity sent to the earth to reclaim the nectar of the gods from the hands of greedy alchemists sound like an character you would want to rp with?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:48 am 

So I have a strange character that I might be able to put in any setting. A four winged Felitaur with an affinity to magic but extremely proficient in telekinesis, Empathy and Telepathy.

So, yes, nothing but your spark will last forever.

I am having some reslly bad computer issues. For now all I have is my phone and tablet. My post length andnavsilability may suffer since all I have is my tablet and phone for the moment. If I am needed feel free to reach me on my skype account listed on my profile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:03 am 

@ Summerian They both sound absolutely awesome ^^ Would be happy to try and work out something with either of those though, to be honest, I am biased toward the first one just because it sounds like such a neat concept. Like it has lots of potential, you know?

@ egyptianrose Nice! I hadn't ever heard of that type of creature before so it would be intrusting to try and get a story going around it. It's also interesting that it's a beast with other abilities as well, so I'm sure that could come in pretty handy in a plot line.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:39 am 

Awesome! I don't really have a storyline for her, but I do have a really good explanation on how she was made. I am really only interested in a 1x1 with this character. If needed I can change the gender to male if that would help with making the plot. THis female is outgoing and adventurous, not the kind to easily run and hide from a fight, but she doesn't carry any weapons with her. I could even change it so she has al those magical abilities but is mute and even is considered feral. Just ideas I am willing to do with this character, though she was made for a fantasy setting, anysetting really is fine with me.

So, yes, nothing but your spark will last forever.

I am having some reslly bad computer issues. For now all I have is my phone and tablet. My post length andnavsilability may suffer since all I have is my tablet and phone for the moment. If I am needed feel free to reach me on my skype account listed on my profile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:23 am 

Hmm if Rose wants an 1X1 we could do a separate thread Pro.

A more medieval or steam-punk fantasy would work well. The actual plot for my character basically revolves around the great serpent Apep who is the constant nemesis of the Egyptian gods managing to defeat (and devour) his old enemy Amun-Ra causing the remaining Egyptian themed pantheon sacrifice their lives in hopes of sealing the beast away buying the world some time.

Since mankind no longer have the help of the pharonic gods they turned to the lands greatest magi and alchemists in hopes of achieving salvation from the giant snake monster that wanted to eat the world. Rising to the challenge a genius inventor by the name of Khapris invented machines through a combination of technology and magic that were capable of resurrecting the dead. However knowing that they would make for a prime target for any of the star dragons brood the inventor decided to arm the constructs with a magically formed soul and sufficient firepower to take down the lesser dragon spawn until they had managed to amass enough warriors to their cause to defeat the greater threat.

My character - Met is one of these Automatons a fifteen foot tall bipedal sarcophagus who has recently woken from an extended period of stasis to find that the world has gone to hell again and the apocalypse is closing in fast.

As far as plot goes we can use Met's backstory as much or as little as you want. Given it's ancient nature the world doesn't need to be anything like Egypt anymore and new gods can have taken the place of the old and so on. Also since it seeks out those both living and dead in order to play Valkyrie as long as your character is enough of a badass it will gravitate to their general location as well as assisting in whatever tasks they need doing to free up their schedule XD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:59 pm 

@egyptianrose - It sounds like it has some neat possibilities. Since it's a 1x1, can ya send me a PM and maybe we can go over chatting from there? Easier to get some quick back and forth done, I would imagine.

@Summerian - Met sounds awesome. A medieval setting would be awesome as I tend to shy away from steam punk. I understand certain races being more inclined mechanically inclined and his back story is wicked cool so no need to change or leave it out, I just don't enjoy that element heavily in a story. I really do love the idea of time passing and having new gods, and it sounds like the kind of story where you need to amass a team, yeah? I'm guessing that is going to be of new and defeated bad asses so that sounds awesome. Also, I would imagine this is going to be quite a shock to whomever I'm playing character wise so I think the story looks like it has got some potential for a bit of comedy here and there. Plenty of action and a whole lot of plot to go off of.

It really looks like it is shaping up to be something nice. Did you wanna make this a one on one? I'm okay with either and I have no problem playing a slew of characters for a story this promising. On that note, I tend to have a lot of secondary characters anyways so support roles shouldn't be that hard to fill.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 pm 

Sure one on one suits me just fine. Would you prefer to flesh out the setting a bit more before we begin or ad-lib it as we go ?

I'm fine with both and can post up the thread whenever if we want to take the faster route.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:28 am 

We can get the basic fleshing out done a little more and then go from there if you'd like. I can also go for some full world building if you're in the mood for that. AKA I'm up for just about anything at the moment but, in general, I can't wait for a chance to get to mess with your character ^^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:15 am 

Sorry for the extended absence. Life provided its usual complications. However I am back and still up for kicking things off whenever if you still want to.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:14 pm 

No worries! Did you wanna do some world hammering out in an OCC thread to get things going or would you rather do that here or via pm? I'm game either way.