All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Space-Faring Rebellion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:24 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

History**
The world as we know it consists of multiple galaxies in the distant future. Humans have expanded their territory ever since it became united under a single capitalist society. The year is 550 S.F.E. (Space-Faring Era) or as others prefer to say 550 P.U.E. (Post Union Era). (Relative to us, 550 S.F.E. is equal to 2889 C.E. or A.D. Therefore in this timeline Earth moved on to the next era in 2339.)

550 years ago, Earth had finally managed to successfully migrate to other habitable planets outside of our own solar system. To this day, mankind has managed to establish habitable, maintainable, and authoritative command based on 50 different planets. Humans inhabit 4 of these planets. Earth is #1 of these 50 planets. The other three planets we inhabit are known as Sectors 2 through 4. More affectionately named Mars, Tiranus, and Rosa.

Mars is the first planet humans made habitable. After feeding the plant the renewable resources it needed to thrive. Mars became a planet habitable during most of the year. Humans could survive its man-made atmosphere after the transport of wildlife and plant life. The change in atmosphere though did cause some mutation and the during the extreme seasons, (normally called winter and summer) humans would have to migrate underground. This was new for humans be quickly became a part of the human martians' culture. (if you want to know more details just ask). Mars also has the smallest population.

Tiranus is the planet that mostly resembles Earth even though it is twice as large. The atmosphere is just relatively cooler that Earth. This planet quickly became a the centre of human active with an ever-growing population. Compared to what is left of the population on Earth, Tiranus has a ratio of 20:3. (for every 3 humans on Earth there is 20 humans on Tiranus) The ratio compared to Mars is 22:3. Tiranus is short became a haven for human life and easily triumphs in medical and technological advancements. Even though Tiranus and the other planets are united under one single capitalist society, Tiranus still expects the other planets to pull their own weight. Therefore, Tiranus remains ahead in just about every possible advancement including pollution.

Rosa is an interesting planet. Scientifically referred to as Sector 4 - the bipolar planet. This strange characterization is due to its abnormally opposite hemispheres. The planet itself does not rotate. The reason for this is unknown and most likely has something to do with the planet's magnetic core. This causes the planets closest star to permanently burn one side of the planet. This hemisphere is, and has been for millennia, a barren desert. The other side is a lukewarm jungle-like environment. This side of the planet is warmed by the planet's molten core. This source of heat will not last forever. However it will last for at least a couple thousand years or so. The jungle-like side has a natural habitat of with lots of monstrous wildlife. The average animal exceeds the size of an adult elephant. Some creätures have recorded to be larger than a 5 story building. These creätures are mostly extinct though. Rosa has a population equal to that of Earth (Around 15 billion). (Do the math Tiranus has a human population of approximately 100 billion!)

Story
However the story itself will not start on any of the listed planets. The story starts with a cast out military agent who was falsely accused of supporting a non-existent rebellion. On Sector 34 (Planet 34), rumors of a rebellion starting stirring around the military base. The rumor states that the alien population of Sector 34 were planning to use the materials the humans have provided for their survival to escape. Humans have supported the existence of this dying off intelligent species for about 49 years now. It was the first intelligent life Humans had come into contact with since the start of the Space-Faring Era. Naturally humans wanted to adopt them into their society. However the condition were not the best and rumor started to spread that these creature wanted independence. This rumor led to one military personnel to be accused of aiding an escape attempt. The Aliens in fact had no intention of trying to escape. They were more than satisfied. This Military agent's name was Roy. Roy was banished to live among the aliens. Roy refused to take this cruel punishment and put up some resistance. In his struggle he managed to escape with some military supplies. These supplies have helped him survive and provided him enough of what he needed before he eventually adapted his lifestyle to surviving off the land.

I will put up a character analysis for Roy later when I have this completely figured out

If anyone would like to make a suggestion feel free. Roy himself naturally doesn't trust any due to a multiple people stabbing him in the back. Even some banished people he found after he escaped turned on him out of desperation. Roy now resides in the desert/mountainous region of Sector 34. He lives among the caves at the based of a mountain. He hunts to survive and scavenges any military weaponry he comes across. He never uses firearms quite frequently but normally sticks to his most primitive method of attack. He uses a weapon similar to this one Image
I will go into detail about how it differs from that later if this becomes a thing.

I will be Roleplaying as Roy
I would like at least one person to RP as someone who comes along and discovers him. (Their background is up to you as long as you don't break the realistic setting)
I wouldn't mind someone Roleplaying as the enemy either. The enemy here is the slowly corrupting government.
(I would prefer to have between 3 and 6 people in this session)

Incorporating your Character
You could also incorporate a previous character you created if multidimensional travel is possible there. It is not possible in this dimension so cross with caution!(You could open a wormhole or some other form of transportation. Although if you do bring a character over, there has to be a balance. There is no source of mana or magic in this world (as far as the humans know). By balance, I don't necessarily want one of your characters to render Roy completely useless. Your character should have his/her fair share of realistic weaknesses. Your character can wield any weapon. Most soldiers in this era of human society use unperfected laser firearms and multiple different mêlée weapons including gravity hammers and of course blades similar to what Roy uses. However, laser swords have not been created (not yet anyway).
If anyone has any suggestions on how we can incorporate more characters please feel free to share.

The first major event I would like to occur is the complete eradication of the alien species. This will be cause by the growing unease of the slowly corrupting military base on Sector 34. This will escalate by the main central government supporting the eradication due to the false pretence that they rebelled. This will eventually escalate into a real rebellion lead by Roy and whom ever accompanies him.

I don't mind drama at all, in fact I would like some emotion in this RP session. It would help bring life to a character I have wanted to bring to life for a while now.

I am an open-minded person I would love some suggestions to help improve the story if you have some. I want this session to be really in-depth and serious.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace