All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:56 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

OOc|| I don't mean to seem pretentious by posting in only Alpha, but I can't help but post any less than the requirements that go along with it... So I hope someone might feel the same.
I am just interested in a good role play. I don't know where else to turn because I can't seen to find anyone of the same interest. I am very open to all genres of role play. My favorites are listed above but I'm not too picky. Though I must say, the only think I'm really not interested in is the typical fantasy world that seems to be everywhere - werewolves, vampires, demons. I don't mind when they have those traits, but I can't seem to get into the ones based on 'em. The only one I tend to lack in skill is futuristic sci-fi. Other than that, I feel I'm quite adequate. Please tell me what you're into and I'm sure one on my 27 characters could be compatible.
I am just dying for a good role play so give me a chance and I promise I won't disappoint you.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:44 pm 

Hello there!

I'm looking for a good-quality rp, as well. I often do fantasy type settings. Don't run away yet! My fantasy settings are usually more based on magic and magical creatures (and NOT vampires werewolves and demons oh my). I mean things like shapeshifters, pixies, phoenixes, elementals, mages, and the like. I can also do sci-fi or apocalyptic (no zombies, please, they're very cliche). I'm up for romance as long as it's not the whole plot (or if it is, more interesting than Romeo and Juliet. Blech!), and I do any kind of pairings. I play as both male and female characters, and my characters are quite varied in appearance and personality. Not to mention that I can often come up with a new character fairly quickly.

I prefer to have at least two characters in a roleplay, especially in Alpha. This is mostly a precaution, so that the posts never fall beneath the fifteen sentence limit. My standards are quite high, but I hope you'll find me easy-going and open-minded :-)

However I have to warn you that I'm not always fantastic about replying right away. If I do fall behind, just shoot me an email---it's on my profile.

If you think we could come up with an RP together, reply here or PM me.

Happy hunting!

~Meldarwen

“You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.” ~Dr. Seuss

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:01 pm 

If you're still up for another roleplay partner, I'm usually free! I can conform to the standards of Alpha (since I've only recently figured out where I messed up in the standards... shame on me for thinking it was ten sentences D: ) and I'll gladly try and post above and beyond the fifteen sentences as best I can! I won't do fantasies that seem remotely stereotypical either, having fallen out of love with them after the popularity of Twilight.... blech... So any other genre is very well open, too. I'd like to try some sort of horror or supernatural roleplay, if you're willing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Hello MeLonous13! You are not being pretentious. I also prefer Alpha, but will post in Beta. I do get frustrated with some authors who could write in Alpha, but refuse to; remaining in Beta all the time.

My posting frequency is slow, because I am the stay at home parent of four young children and I have a demanding wife. I enjoy realistic or dystopian or action/adventure or medievel. I don't mind fantasy, but it isn't necessary. As a good Catholic, if I get into an Angels & Demon RP, it is as an Angel. I would even enjoy Sci-Fi. There are a few fan fictions I could get into as well.

I prefer Military RPs, as I spent 21 years in the Army and enjoy reading MilHist books and articles. I tend to include historical facts or events in my posts. But I am flexible. The two things on your list, I do not do are Horror and Romance. Horror bores the hell out of me and Romance just doesn't feel right for me. I can write for several different character voices (personalities), but when it comes to Romance, it just feels wrong and uncomfortable.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:53 am 

Hi there! Were you still interested? I'm down with pretty much everything you said up there. I was thinking we could bounce around ideas, if you were interested.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:21 am 

~I'll send a starter to both of you~