All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rivingilion
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:17 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Welcome to the world of Rivingilion or Rivi for short. Rivi is a world similar to the Earth in size and appearance with a few minor and major differences. Rivi, like Earth is the home to floating continents on its ocean, however these continents are huge and being so big there are only four of them. It has two moons Conist Maximus and an orbiting moon called Blue Minor. Blue Minor isn’t your normal orbiting moon for half of the year starting at the beginning of spring and pushing to the edge of winter, the smaller cerulean colored orb will orbit around Conist Maximus on the first day of winter a beautiful sight happens every year, Blue Minor will for some reason shift its orbit and begin to Orbit Rivi and not Conist Maximus. Orbiting Rivi like a blue comet.

The first Major difference is Rivi is a world where Magic and Technology dance beautifully side by side, but it could also be a dangerous dance. There are only four nations on Rivi located on the four continents. Each continent is ruled by one season, the first is Sol (Soul), the summer continent. Seven months out of the twelve it is without a doubt summer. Sol is known for its massive lakes, and grand cities that are lavished in technological advances. The citizens of Sol live in the age of technology, magic is but a hurried whisper of the past in the continent of the future, Sol being the self-claimed most technological advanced continent on Rivi.

Sol is under the rule of a matriarchy, and no one seemed upset of their young queen, in fact they seem to rejoice in having her. Queen Le’nea Galvotes, a young queen at the age of twenty four; she is one of the world’s top engineers and despite her royal blood is said to be a queen for the people. Known as Queen Summer, and the savior of Sol; being a land mainly covered by grasslands, the dry seasons before Le’nea’s reign often meant death, brutal wild fires that not even magic could stop that would burn for days. She had invented a beautiful watering system to keep Sol looking as beautiful as a summer’s day. Thick, tall mountains decorate the borders of Sol making it in a bowl, however on a map or from a bird’s eye view the continent would look like a sun, with blue dots on it.(That’d be the many lakes that decorate it)

The second continent is located on the opposite side of the world; it is Null (Nool) the winter continent. Obviously, it is always snowing on the continent. However, it is known to be the brightest place in the world, due to the light bouncing off of the snow. A typical day in Null is only five hours long, so most of its vegetation has adapted to only grow at night, and in the cold. It is a tundra like artic wonderland, with many forests and decorated with small towns that emit warmth in the frozen continent. A civil war has been underway in Null for the past fifteen years, and it is still going strong. Null has no set ruler, or government. It is separated by houses rather cities, a house is a region and not something that connects people, like how a typical house is connected by blood. The houses at this civil war are the regions of Bear, Elk and Fox. They have been the major regions fighting to be the main ruler of Null. However, besides the bloody civil war; Null is a beautiful place where magic and technology coexist.

The Winter Continent is an archaeologist dream, under the perma frosted ground, and below the earth is an entire system of life. Special sorts of forest grow under Null, the beautiful forest is known as the Octem Ice Forest, named after the famous adventurer Octembria the seventh from house of Eagle. This forest is the most reliable fuel source in all of Rivi, and the only way to get to this source? The Frost Cobra Chamber. It is known as a dangerous adventure, but many adventurers still make it. The Frost Cobras are a sprite to the frozen trees that house them, they are very dangerous, very quick and even more territorial then quick, their venom is has frozen a human completely solid. A painful death. Once past the dark and cold Ice chamber, the forest lies ahead. Great trees spread throughout the entire underground, these are not normal trees, they are completely encased in ice and appear to be any sort of tree, not just one type. There are types from the surface world and types of trees most people don’t even know of yet, despite being completely encased in ice… the trees still grow as if a healthy tree on the surface world. Cutting down these trees are the reason why they are so rare, it isn’t something that they openly talk about how to do; those who do have the knowledge keep it to their selves or they seek out others who know about it and kill them.
Keeping the ice tree cutting industry down and the profit to it incredibly high; most of the time they can name their own price.

The third continent is Faulin(Falen) and it is the continent of Autumn, it is known as the second most spirit and magic friendly continent. Druidism, shamanism and other occult religions are rather popular here, and ten months of the twelve it is autumn, the final two months are spring. It is stuck in a Monarchy with a king stuck in the ways of old; Varrin Casteer has been king for two hundred years, and is known as a powerful warlock who has found the key of immortality. Under his reign he has banned all technology, which means most Faulin citizens are amazed at anything that is more advanced then a tug boat; yes, cell phones, and cars are something that will shock or scare them. The only way off of Faulin is by a boat, that goes too Souli-pri (sew-le’-pry) the spring continent. The reason why the only way off is a tug boat is because the air is often a dangerous place, at least the skies above Faulin.

Vicious gargoyles, human hating Valkyries and evil spirits haunt their skies, and only the spells of their citizens keep the vicious sprites outside of the major continent. Faulin is filled with jungles outside their main villages, and in the jungles lurk many powerful spirits or hungry demons, making traveling alone out of the question when it comes to leaving the main villages. There is a strained relationship between Faulin and Sol. The summer continent has recently banned a herb, that can only be grown on Sol called Poemenrein(Po-men-ran) which happens to be the key ingredient to their sky ward spells. The tension has been strained even more since Queen Galvotes has taken her reign of Sol.

The fourth and final continent is called Souli-pri(Sew-Le’-Pry)it is the spring continent and is known for an excellent vacation spot. It is the smallest of the continents but it is the most beautiful considering it’s known for its never ending fields of flowers, colorful fruit bearing forest and majestic waterfalls that dance at the end of every other stream. It has ten months of spring there, and one month of summer and winter. Souli-pri is under a democracy with two sects of power the Wind whisperers who want to have Souli-pri to be a serious closed continent, and not the vacationing tourist spot it is known for, they wish to hid Souli-pri from outsiders. The Pathwakers are the other sect, who wish to keep tourism open and allow whoever and whatever inside their free continent. Right now the Pathwakers are in control, and it is a lovely spot for tourist.

However, something that is odd and unexplainable to most, and others find it a blessing. There is absolutely no spiritual or magical phenomena in the continent, even finding a magical or spiritual user indigenous to Souli-pri is rare. Only two percent of the population is not a normal human.

There is a final land mass that must be spoke of, it was once a continent but that was long ago in unwritten past; all that is left is a chain of islands that float in the center of Rivi’s continents, it acts as a beacon of peace and has stayed that way for as long as it has existed. There has never been a war between two continents before, and it is this chain of island’s job to keep the peace and order of Rivingilion. The Occult Academy, however the Academy itself is located on the largest Island of the chain. A great castle is built with its back to the ocean facing the islands around it. The building houses students as young as seventeen and as old as thirty, and many professors and mentors. The head of the academy is Miss Remelia Karns, also known as the All Seeing Witch, a very powerful Spiritual User who defends her academy and all in it.

The academy however, holds a secondary reason for existing, a secret that few know about… Will you figure it out? Or.. will you fade into the masses of ignorance? Perhaps you are one of the few who already know? But in the end…would you really want to know? Secrets are silent for a reason.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Rivingilion
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:19 pm 

This will be taking place IN the academy.
I will be playing the head mistress.

If you are interested in playing a cannon of the story line please feel free to message me.
I will have the character template up soon, until then just pm me.

I want it to be a large group, no larger then ten though.

I will be throwing rules in as we go, i don't want to make a rule against it if it isn't an issue. You will know when I am discussing a side issue or something i feel is important I will put it in -italics-

The magic will be explained:

Spiritual energy and Magical energies are two different types of energies.

Spirit energy is something that is existent when the creature is born. Anything can be born with spirit energy, however not everything is born with spirit energy. Spirit energy is a type of power that comes from within, the energy Is as strong as the user, and it is believed that the energy flows within family lines, making many of the energies rather old, and powerful.
Considered to be the purest energy out of the two, but it varies if it is the strongest.

Magical energy is a power that is awakened, one that was once perhaps stored away and was supposed to be forgotten in the sands of time. The energy however can also be obtained, by a powerful enough and old enough spiritual energy user that must have went through rigorous training. A master of the spiritual energy, and that is something that is rare indeed. Most of the time they aren't humans at all, but beasts or even plant life that has deemed the once normal human worthy, or has seen the true potential underneath the flesh.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:53 pm 

Code:
Spirit Creature Template
[i]Anything in Parenthesis just erase, make sure to follow the guidelines I set down next to the lists. I hope you enjoy.[/i]

[u]Name: [/u] (Last, First)
[u]Species:[/u] (Human, creature)
[u]Age:[/u] (Write it out)
[u] Appearance[/u] : (Written or picture will do)
[u] Spiritual form [/u]: (Written or picture, when they activate their abilities their appearance can and may change)
[u]Continent:[/u] (Null, Sol, Faul, Souli Pri)
[u]Arrival At The Academy:[/u](The age your character arrived)
[u]Powers:[/u] ( [i]The abilities of Spirit Energy is a power the lies within. These are accepted abilities among the race:
-Summoning Spirits familiars, Aka spirit animals
 *Gaining the ability of the spirit animal
- white mage / dark mage abilities
-Illusionist abilities
- All abilities must have reasonable cool off posts[/i]
[b]** You are able to create your own abilities if they follow the guidelines of your energy type, I will not deny you right away if I think it doesn’t go with the class, but try to help you fit it more evenly**[/b]
~
[u]Spirit Guides: [/u] (You can start off with three spirit guides, they can be mythical creatures to average animals, you will obtain more through the roleplay, just pm me about it. )
[b] Name[/b] (The name of your spirit guide)
[b] Species[/b] (The type of creature it is)
[b] Abilities [/b] (The abilities the creature can do, four max)
[b] Shared Abilities[/b] ( Two of the abilities listed above, your character will be able to use them for a certain amount of posts)
~
[u] History: [/u] (This should cover their entire past, I want to know their parents names, siblings, who they liked, how they trained, why they went to the academy, how they were raised. Ect, ect. I may seem to be going too hard on you guys, But I need it because YOU are my plot once you start this roleplay)

Last edited by LurkerLikesToLurk on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:04 pm 

Code:
Magical Template
[i]Anything in Parenthesis just erase, make sure to follow the guidelines I set down next to the lists. I hope you enjoy.[/i]

[u]Name: [/u] (Last, First)
 [u]Age:[/u] (Write it out)
[u] Appearance[/u] : (Written or picture will do)
[u] Magical form [/u]: (Written or picture, when they activate their abilities their appearance can and may change)
[u]Continent:[/u] (Null, Sol, Faul, Souli Pri)
[u]Arrival At The Academy:[/u](The age your character arrived)
[u]Powers:[/u] ( [i]The abilities of Magical Energy  is that feeds on the outside force, this  would be the elementals, druids and dowsing- the ability to have your energy lock onto another, pretty much a tracker.
All abilities must have a cool off post)
[u] The gift/Curse :[/u] (Who gave you the abilities, they don’t have to be human, it could be a dragon, or a werewolf. Have it make sense, if a flame dragon would give you the abilities it’d be a pretty good assumption that the abilities would be fire related.  They can be a mythological creature or a powerful spirit user)
[b]** You are able to create your own abilities if they follow the guidelines of your energy type, I will not deny you right away if I think it doesn’t go with the class, but try to help you fit it more evenly**[/b]
 [u] History: [/u] (This should cover their entire past, I want to know their parents names, siblings, who they liked, how they trained, why they went to the academy, how they were raised. Ect, ect. I may seem to be going too hard on you guys, But I need it because YOU are my plot once you start this roleplay)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:29 pm 

Spirit Creature Template
How an accepted template should look, she is still a work in progress but this is just in case anyone wants to dive in.

Name: Karns, Remelia
Species: Human
Appearance : http://oi61.tinypic.com/4qsm0o.jpg
Spiritual form : http://oi60.tinypic.com/28v3wqs.jpg
Continent: Faul
Arrival At The Academy: Inherited the Academy at seventeen
Powers: White Mage:
/Embracing Wings/ Healing spell- Cool off= one post-
/Wards/ Counter spell- cool off= two posts-
/Heaven’s cry/ Rapid attack spell- As if the stars are falling from the sky and form into purification arrows- cool off= two posts-
**She has many more abilities, being a powerful witch, no OC will be able to defeat her at first- although there isn’t any reason why you’d fight her **
~
Spirit Guides: Her only Introduced spirit guide
Name Ci’Oatle
Species Six winged Raven Tengu
Abilities
*Levitate
*Illusionary technique: Raven Summon: Summons many flocks of raven tengu to assist Remi/ Cool off post= four posts
*Sight Seer- The tengu; Ci’Oatle has the ability to eat the eyes out of its victims, and gain their history and knowledge. / Three eyes every four posts
*Séance- The ability to speak to the dead./ cool off= one post
Shared Abilities
-Levitate
-Sight Seer
~
History: (This should cover their entire past, I want to know their parents names, siblings, who they liked, how they trained, why they went to the academy, how they were raised. Ect, ect. I may seem to be going too hard on you guys, But I need it because YOU are my plot once you start this roleplay)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:24 pm 

Still looking ~