All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:47 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

So, I have an open thread that can be found here that I would love to get off the ground. Previous partner bailed on me. Usually, I just toss those kinds of ideas away, but I was fond of this one.

Keep in mind: I have been busier lately, and told myself that I would not take on another rp but couldn't help myself, so if you're going to be someone wanting a post every single day, or every few days, or even once a week, depending on what's up irl for me, I won't be the partner for you.

The basic idea is this:

Dragons and humans once had a live and let live relationship, until one day a dying man and was healed by the magic of a dragon. The dragon had explained that it was her teeth that allowed her to use such powerful magic.

Now, dragons have been hunted to near extinction, just for their teeth, because humans decided to be greedy and wanted to harness that power for themselves. Namely, the king of a kingdom, upon hearing this story, becomes hell-bent on destroying the dragons after he finds and kills a dying dragon just to test it. There are a few left roaming around but they usually stay hidden.

The king tells his people that dragons are evil and must be destroyed, while taking their teeth for himself and becoming all powerful.

Now for where/how this story begins.

The king sends one of his knights to go hunt a dragon that was spotted around the kingdom. When the two meet, they fight (or not, depending on the route we go. I'm open to almost anything; refer to my resume, which is linked in my signature, to get a better idea of what I look for, however) and then, after awhile, the knight is shown the truth and the two work to overthrow the kingdom.

Yes, it might be a typical 'overthrowing a kingdom' story, but I have a lot in mind I'd rather not have go to waste.

This is a 1x1, so it's first come, first serve. Feel free to add your own touches and whatnot to the idea as well. I'm flexible, and like twists and turns, so don't think that I have everything planned and have the story on rails so to speak. This is a collaborative effort after all.

Challenge me, if you will.

If you're interested, PM me and we can plot things, or just jump right in, whatever suits you.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:57 pm 

Administrator

Still looking for a willing participant! :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 pm 

Still looking or have you given up?

I'm new to the site but I'm an experienced roleplayer, and knights and dragons is right up my alley. I'd be interested if you still want to run with this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:48 pm 

Administrator

I'm still looking and would love to get this going. I've just been a bit busy lately, as a heads up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:48 am 

Its cool with me if its slow pace, my work schedule is changing very soon so I'm not entirely sure what my active hours would be. If you're a bit preoccupied as well, then we might have a similar post pace.

Either way, if its going slow, I'll just use other RPs to fill the time :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:55 am 

Administrator

Alrighty then.

So, if you want, you can just jump in whenever you feel like it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:17 am 

Jump in? Is there a post made already?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:08 pm 

Administrator

Yeah. It's linked in the original post, up top.