All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:33 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey man, thanks for your response! I feel derpy, but I cannot figure out how to find your threads. I'd really like to see a mid-RP sample, and I know I'm just not clicking something right. >.< Thanks!

I am an advanced writer, and I give frequent, quality replies.

Genres that I love:
Romance, action/adventure, dystopian, sci-fi, period (Pride and Prejudice, Downton Abbey, 1920's) arena, modern, fantasy, and many more.
(The only genres that I do NOT enjoy are gruesome horror, and probably not supernatural or fandoms, although maybe.)

I write maturely, but fade-to-black for intimacy.

If you only play females or have any other restrictions, please let me know up front!

I can write in gdocs, email, or here. Also, see my second spoiler under "Want to write a book with me?"

Here is a sample of my writing, I would love to see a non-intro sample of your writing as well, please!

Non-Intro Writing Sample:
That night, the Low Risers saw stars for the first time.

Amber sucked in a soft gasp as she discerned them, between the swaying and spindly branches of the trees. Her fingertips found Leo’s wrist, begging for understanding. It was beautiful, the way they twinkled, even more beautiful than the blue sky, and scrolling clouds ... and she had come so close to never seeing this at all. How could the world contain such unornamented beauty? How much more was there yet to discover? Tears rolled down her temples and melted into her burnished bronze hair.

Clem was by himself, as usual. His bedroll was far away from the rest of them, nearest the outside of the trees. He had announced that he would stand watch, and that appeared to be what he was doing, sitting there in silence, back to them all, staring out into the darkness. As the hours rolled by, and everyone fell quiet, save for their deep breathing and Brom’s thunderous snores, Clem felt chills wash over him. Sweat coursed down his body, and he shivered, and closed his eyes upon sweet hallucinations of times he had never had with Cass, without the relief of sleep.

Some time later, he had no idea when, he rose to his feet and slipped from the camp, and their lives, with the stealth of a wraith.

In the morning, when they woke to find him gone, Amber panicked. That feeling of dreadful certainty closed around her heart, with all of its horror, and with all of its peace. She refused it, trying to buck it off like an unbroken horse does a saddle. In the end it was Flint, with his tracking skills, whom she’d had to follow in order to find Clemence. He lay in a gulley, his body just barely cold. Besides his sweat, nothing seemed wrong with him, until they lifted his black sweater to find the infected knife wound in his gut.

There had been ample time for Clem to get this treated; he had chosen not to. He had not committed suicide by traditional means, instead letting the nature of violence take its natural course, but it was difficult to view the situation as anything other than a wasteful choice.

Brom had known what they would find, he could see it in the terror on Amber’s face. When it was confirmed, however, all he said was: “He’ll be with Cass now. He’d have wanted that.”

Flower burst into blubbering tears against Flint’s side. Joe suggested they bury him, that’s what the Unbroken did, he had heard, and they were in Unbroken territory, now. To Amber it felt wrong, to put his body into the earth to decompose slowly and painfully. It was not a final enough ending. It was not swift, and shouldn’t he be, if he was to catch Cassandra? He had been Amber’s trainer, but she didn’t cry. She didn’t even harden over. She merely felt the pain, like a meat grinder to her internal organs, and did nothing about it, as Leo would have done.

It was a waste of a half day, scooping out ground and laying Clem in it, as the pallor increased in his bronze skin. Leo was now the only High Riser left on their expedition. Once the dirt was over him, Flower placed something pretty she had woven from blades of grass on top of it, with a feather stuck through the center of it. It was the blue-black feather of a raven she had found on the ground.

Amber began to speak awkwardly, her words long and drawn out, until it became apparent that she was singing, or trying to, for the first time. Her voice was rough and off-tune, not at all lovely, but it grated with emotion, very Amber-like:

“Gut the mother*******, for freedom an’ for feather
Cut their Unseen throats…”

Here Flower joined in, her voice a whispery warble, high-pitched and sweet, and Brom soon followed her, his voice deep and pleasant. Joe contributed a word here or there, but he didn’t seem to really grasp the concept of singing.

“...an’ spit their blood ‘cross both tiers
Meet us in the middle and we’ll strike together
Lay their corpses out and scream redemption in their ears.”

They all ended the song at different times, so it seemed that “scream redemption in their ears” echoed many times. It was sung far more quietly and sadly that it had been sung in the arena and elsewhere afterwards, as a victory song.

“Let’s move on, we’ve lost enough time,” Amber said, quietly and brusquely. Clem the peacemaker would not have wanted to delay them on their way to war.

[Many more samples available upon request.]

Want to write a book with me?:
I love the style of collaborative writing that can take place over Google Docs or a private pad. All those hours of writing can proudly see the light of day when written together, as if it is a book. Dialogue flows so much more smoothly, and it is actually a great deal easier to write. Redundancies are unnecessary, and it makes it far more enjoyable to read.

It works pretty much the same; you each have characters that you're responsible for controlling, or NPCs. If your character would react to something another character does or says, it could happen right away, rather than awkwardly, a post later. Dialogue, battle, and a slew of other things can be written with far greater ease. Long posts often still work, too!

References are important, since both writers are likely to play roles in describing things.

It requires a lot of collaboration, discussion, and flexibility, but it is well worth it! The level of integration and how exactly we do it varies from person to person. One person can act as "GM," creating an interactive story experience for the other writer, or both writers can have equal creative responsibility.

POV's: It can be written from third person omniscient (the way roleplaying is usually done) limited (where there is only one "main" character whose thoughts are shown) or even objective (no one's thoughts are seen). In the below sample, we are writing in third person limited, because both that writer and I are far too detailed, and we were trying to write a short story. Her character is the one whose thoughts are shown, so I take more responsibility with objective scene descriptions and such.
Great POV Help

However we want to do it is completely up to us. We could always just try it, and if you don't like it, we could go back to traditional RP.

This style improves the writer far more than anything else I have found in 12+ years of writing, and it is so fun!

Example:
(My text is brown, my partner's is blue.)
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy334/ohgodofwriting/Mobile%20Uploads/ScreenShot2014-01-13at80901PM_zps9345aa3f.png
Plots:
Dimension-Traveling (All genres, total freedom, "never ending"):
This is a plot about two characters who can travel through time, space, and dimensions. They can literally show up in any plot or any genre that we, the two writers, want them to. They can visit our other characters, we could pop into other role-plays and include other people, this thing is...imagination-roving.

It can range between any setting: period drama, sci-fi, fantasy of any kind, anthropomorphous, apocalyptic, gladiators, modern, pirate...
And almost any genre (though it will probably always be action/adventure on some level): horror, comedy, drama, romance...

Literally ANYTHING you can think of. You don't have to want to do all of them, but you should want to do some of them, and more.

Character A (can be you or me) has long-lived a lonely, but exciting (and oftentimes horrifying) life of traveling through time, space, and dimensions without warning and against their will. It seems that the universe takes this character places to accomplish certain things, i.e. helping people on their quests, keeping someone from dying, basically to make something happen or to keep something from happening. The character moves on to a different timeline approximately once they have succeeded or failed at this vague mission. It can be years or it can be hours, although it is probably most often days or weeks.

Our story begins when character A runs into character B. For whatever reason, they discover that they can travel together.

Character B should have some special skills that can help in some way, otherwise it would be a horrible damsel-in-distress situation, without relief. (No matter the gender.) Either way, it will take B time to adjust, and it will be traumatic, and they will need saving at first. But if they start out being a competent person, this phase will be shorter. Perhaps they are a cop, an assassin, a genius, a historian, a botanist, anything really that could lend skills, however small, to this lifestyle.

I may have an intro for this, whether or not we use it, if that helps you.

Grave Writers:
On top of every grave is a small box instead of a tombstone. These boxes can be filled with the belongings of the deceased, or mourners oftentimes put letters in the boxes so that they can feel as if they can communicate with their loved ones. I need help with this plot, but my idea was that my character could be a girl who reads these letters and writes back. Your character could be a police officer or detective trying to find this fraud, or a man writing to someone (although that seems a slower start). I don't want this plot to be too morbid/creepy/supernatural, I don't think. I am open to ideas!

Extreme Fantasy (not elves):
I want an RP that puts no limits on my imagination and creativity. There are two options:

Option One: I envision something akin to a medieval setting, but with the ability to change anything we want. Giant, highly intelligent animals, incredibly gorgeous scenery, beautiful mood-music. Someone who loves art and using references, and who really enjoys detail, would be perfect for this. It would work with most any plot, but something simple would really let the setting shine.

Option Two: In a modern, "normal" world, seers who can "see" things superimposed over the natural world. Beautiful images of light, gruesome images of darkness. Again, it can work with a lot of plots, but that should take a backseat to the main focus, which would be visual imagery and imagination.

The What-If Machine:
What if there was a machine that let you see what your life would be like if you had made a different choice? It lets you see the past that you missed out on, and the future you can never have.
What if you married that old girlfriend?
What if you majored in something else?
What if you got cleaned up and never made those mistakes?
What if you had taken more risks?

This plot can work for literally anything. It can take you back into an old RP that you loved, give a well-loved character an alternate life, anything.
Send a message to me!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:25 pm 

Still looking!

Genres that I love:
Romance, action/adventure, dystopian, sci-fi, period (Pride and Prejudice, Downton Abbey, 1920's) arena, modern, fantasy, and many more.
(The only genres that I do NOT enjoy are gruesome horror, and probably not supernatural or fandoms, although maybe.)

If you only play females or have any other restrictions, please let me know up front!

I can write in gdocs, email, or here. Also, see my second spoiler under "Want to write a book with me?"

Here is a sample of my writing, I would love to see a non-intro sample of your writing as well, please!

Amber sucked in a soft gasp as she discerned them, between the swaying and spindly branches of the trees. Her fingertips found Leo’s wrist, begging for understanding. It was beautiful, the way they twinkled, even more beautiful than the blue sky, and scrolling clouds ... and she had come so close to never seeing this at all. How could the world contain such unornamented beauty? How much more was there yet to discover? Tears rolled down her temples and melted into her burnished bronze hair.

Clem was by himself, as usual. His bedroll was far away from the rest of them, nearest the outside of the trees. He had announced that he would stand watch, and that appeared to be what he was doing, sitting there in silence, back to them all, staring out into the darkness. As the hours rolled by, and everyone fell quiet, save for their deep breathing and Brom’s thunderous snores, Clem felt chills wash over him. Sweat coursed down his body, and he shivered, and closed his eyes upon sweet hallucinations of times he had never had with Cass, without the relief of sleep.

Some time later, he had no idea when, he rose to his feet and slipped from the camp, and their lives, with the stealth of a wraith.

In the morning, when they woke to find him gone, Amber panicked. That feeling of dreadful certainty closed around her heart, with all of its horror, and with all of its peace. She refused it, trying to buck it off like an unbroken horse does a saddle. In the end it was Flint, with his tracking skills, whom she’d had to follow in order to find Clemence. He lay in a gulley, his body just barely cold. Besides his sweat, nothing seemed wrong with him, until they lifted his black sweater to find the infected knife wound in his gut.

There had been ample time for Clem to get this treated; he had chosen not to. He had not committed suicide by traditional means, instead letting the nature of violence take its natural course, but it was difficult to view the situation as anything other than a wasteful choice.

Brom had known what they would find, he could see it in the terror on Amber’s face. When it was confirmed, however, all he said was: “He’ll be with Cass now. He’d have wanted that.”

Flower burst into blubbering tears against Flint’s side. Joe suggested they bury him, that’s what the Unbroken did, he had heard, and they were in Unbroken territory, now. To Amber it felt wrong, to put his body into the earth to decompose slowly and painfully. It was not a final enough ending. It was not swift, and shouldn’t he be, if he was to catch Cassandra? He had been Amber’s trainer, but she didn’t cry. She didn’t even harden over. She merely felt the pain, like a meat grinder to her internal organs, and did nothing about it, as Leo would have done.

It was a waste of a half day, scooping out ground and laying Clem in it, as the pallor increased in his bronze skin. Leo was now the only High Riser left on their expedition. Once the dirt was over him, Flower placed something pretty she had woven from blades of grass on top of it, with a feather stuck through the center of it. It was the blue-black feather of a raven she had found on the ground.

Amber began to speak awkwardly, her words long and drawn out, until it became apparent that she was singing, or trying to, for the first time. Her voice was rough and off-tune, not at all lovely, but it grated with emotion, very Amber-like:

Here Flower joined in, her voice a whispery warble, high-pitched and sweet, and Brom soon followed her, his voice deep and pleasant. Joe contributed a word here or there, but he didn’t seem to really grasp the concept of singing.

They all ended the song at different times, so it seemed that “scream redemption in their ears” echoed many times. It was sung far more quietly and sadly that it had been sung in the arena and elsewhere afterwards, as a victory song.

“Let’s move on, we’ve lost enough time,” Amber said, quietly and brusquely. Clem the peacemaker would not have wanted to delay them on their way to war.

I love the style of collaborative writing that can take place over Google Docs or a private pad. All those hours of writing can proudly see the light of day when written together, as if it is a book. Dialogue flows so much more smoothly, and it is actually a great deal easier to write. Redundancies are unnecessary, and it makes it far more enjoyable to read.

It works pretty much the same; you each have characters that you're responsible for controlling, or NPCs. If your character would react to something another character does or says, it could happen right away, rather than awkwardly, a post later. Dialogue, battle, and a slew of other things can be written with far greater ease. Long posts often still work, too!

References are important, since both writers are likely to play roles in describing things.

It requires a lot of collaboration, discussion, and flexibility, but it is well worth it! The level of integration and how exactly we do it varies from person to person. One person can act as "GM," creating an interactive story experience for the other writer, or both writers can have equal creative responsibility.

POV's: It can be written from third person omniscient (the way roleplaying is usually done) limited (where there is only one "main" character whose thoughts are shown) or even objective (no one's thoughts are seen). In the below sample, we are writing in third person limited, because both that writer and I are far too detailed, and we were trying to write a short story. Her character is the one whose thoughts are shown, so I take more responsibility with objective scene descriptions and such.
Great POV Help

However we want to do it is completely up to us. We could always just try it, and if you don't like it, we could go back to traditional RP.

This style improves the writer far more than anything else I have found in 12+ years of writing, and it is so fun!

Example:
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy334/ohgodofwriting/Mobile%20Uploads/ScreenShot2014-01-13at80901PM_zps9345aa3f.png
Plots:
This is a plot about two characters who can travel through time, space, and dimensions. They can literally show up in any plot or any genre that we, the two writers, want them to. They can visit our other characters, we could pop into other role-plays and include other people, this thing is...imagination-roving.

It can range between any setting: period drama, sci-fi, fantasy of any kind, anthropomorphous, apocalyptic, gladiators, modern, pirate...
And almost any genre (though it will probably always be action/adventure on some level): horror, comedy, drama, romance...

Literally ANYTHING you can think of. You don't have to want to do all of them, but you should want to do some of them, and more.

Character A (can be you or me) has long-lived a lonely, but exciting (and oftentimes horrifying) life of traveling through time, space, and dimensions without warning and against their will. It seems that the universe takes this character places to accomplish certain things, i.e. helping people on their quests, keeping someone from dying, basically to make something happen or to keep something from happening. The character moves on to a different timeline approximately once they have succeeded or failed at this vague mission. It can be years or it can be hours, although it is probably most often days or weeks.

Our story begins when character A runs into character B. For whatever reason, they discover that they can travel together.

Character B should have some special skills that can help in some way, otherwise it would be a horrible damsel-in-distress situation, without relief. (No matter the gender.) Either way, it will take B time to adjust, and it will be traumatic, and they will need saving at first. But if they start out being a competent person, this phase will be shorter. Perhaps they are a cop, an assassin, a genius, a historian, a botanist, anything really that could lend skills, however small, to this lifestyle.

Grave Writers:
On top of every grave is a small box instead of a tombstone. These boxes can be filled with the belongings of the deceased, or mourners oftentimes put letters in the boxes so that they can feel as if they can communicate with their loved ones. I need help with this plot, but my idea was that my character could be a girl who reads these letters and writes back. Your character could be a police officer or detective trying to find this fraud, or a man writing to someone (although that seems a slower start). I don't want this plot to be too morbid/creepy/supernatural, I don't think. I am open to ideas!

I want an RP that puts no limits on my imagination and creativity. There are two options:

Option One: I envision something akin to a medieval setting, but with the ability to change anything we want. Giant, highly intelligent animals, incredibly gorgeous scenery, beautiful mood-music. Someone who loves art and using references, and who really enjoys detail, would be perfect for this. It would work with most any plot, but something simple would really let the setting shine.

Option Two: In a modern, "normal" world, seers who can "see" things superimposed over the natural world. Beautiful images of light, gruesome images of darkness. Again, it can work with a lot of plots, but that should take a backseat to the main focus, which would be visual imagery and imagination.

The What-If Machine:
What if there was a machine that let you see what your life would be like if you had made a different choice? It lets you see the past that you missed out on, and the future you can never have.

This plot can work for literally anything. It can take you back into an old RP that you loved, give a well-loved character an alternate life, anything.
Send a message to me!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:43 pm 

Genres that I love:

Great POV Help

Example:
Plots:

Grave Writers:

The What-If Machine:

Send a message to me!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:19 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

@OGoW,
Just curious, but are you still writing with Falcon and did you manage to get in contact with Gunther? What happened?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:23 pm 

dreamgurl42 wrote:
@OGoW,
Just curious, but are you still writing with Falcon and did you manage to get in contact with Gunther? What happened?

Falcon and I wrote for awhile some time ago, it was great! Gunther and I moved our conversation to PM.

I am still searching for writers!

Genres that I love:

Great POV Help

Example:
Plots:

Grave Writers:

The What-If Machine:

Send a message to me!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:40 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Ah, good luck on your search then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:05 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Although, there was never any doubt in my ability to write well, I may not be able to sustain a tempo you perceive as "frequent". For me, once a week is rapid.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:11 pm 

Gunther wrote:
Although, there was never any doubt in my ability to write well, I may not be able to sustain a tempo you perceive as "frequent". For me, once a week is rapid.

Ah okay, I was wondering. :) Although, I don't mind slower-paced replies.

Genres that I love:

Great POV Help

Example:
Plots:

Grave Writers:

The What-If Machine:

Send a message to me!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:33 am 

It has been a long-ass time but I'm back and need some writing.

Always searching. See my full siggy for details and then please send me a non-intro sample. Thanks!

Genres that I love:

Great POV Help

Example:
Plots:

Grave Writers:

The What-If Machine:

Send a message to me!