All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Therianthropy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:01 am 

Blog: View Blog (7)

[I thought this up as practice for writing, and it was originally a short story, but I love the concept, so I wanted to put it up here]

Therianthropes- People said to have the ability to shape-shift into animals. Therianthropes have been said to exist in mythology for thousands of years.

The basic idea behind this is very specific, but the story-telling is malleable.

The basic idea is that you're playing a therianthrope, a being who has unnatural skills, the most prominent of which is the ability to turn into an animal, human, or anything in between. The list also includes mild telepathy, enhanced reflexes, strength, speed, and senses. You are limited to one human form and one animal form, and must exist on the fringes of society usually for fear of violence.

In the short story I wrote, Amelia (a cat [alleycat]) and Justin (a bull) decided to become superheroes, using their natural skills. While several others used their unique skills to gain fame, fortune, steal from people... murder. So it shows just how varied a reaction people can have to having this ability.

The story will be fairly open, depending on how people play their characters.

If interested, post here, and please, if you want to join, but would prefer this in the Cave, say so. (not sure if sex/violence will be very prominent, so that's up to you)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Therianthropy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:05 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Im interested. Let me know when i can post my character

Last edited by Mr. Black on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:06 am 

well, this is just the interest check, if you want to get it approved early, then ok, but this is just to find who is interested.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:19 am 

Location: In a large forest that you can only find if you already know where it is.
Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)

I'm interested ^^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:27 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

I am totally interested.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:06 am 

Well, I'll start work on the OOC tomorrow, when I get up... it seems this idea is cool to more than just me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:10 pm 

WELCOME

enjoy!