All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:20 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Mega Man. The azure hero known also known as the Blue Bomber. Originally built to be a lab assistant for Dr. Thomas Light, this robot has stopped the nefarious schemes of Dr. Albert Wily numerous times in ten years. Between him, his siblings Blues and Roll, his rival Bass, and even fellow heroes like the demi-human Syakuei "Pulseman" Yoshiyama and the Robot Master Tempo, also called Quake Woman, they've seen it all. Even future Mega Man iterations have seen a lot. There's a lot of blue heroes that have been around the world multiple times; a few of them being actually being less blue and more red.

That said, there's a lot of things they haven't seen, such as the end of the world. Some haven't seen each other in ages. There's a guy up on Star Colony Elysium that hasn't been down to Earth in a few years at least, though mind you time flows differently in the Star Colony, so for all we know he could've been stuck up there for seventeen years. And then there's there alternative timelines with events turning out differently. Some people in one timeline are different things in another. Mega Man, for instance, isn't a robot in this alternate timeline, but rather a computer program with a human soul. (it's complicated.)

That said, the legacy of Mega Man and his friends are far reaching. So much so that some people have different ideas of where the world should go from there. Little do they know that the world is far from interesting, even with the advent of the android. On the other hand, maybe there's something to be said about alternate timelines...
---

This is the opening plotline of Eternal Legacy, a Mega Man RP about the entire franchise and unrelated friends of the franchise (especially those from not Capcom). If you're not familiar with the franchise and its intricacies, that's fine, because this RP looks ever so slightly more like a combination of headcanon and game canon, with some Archie canon mixed in for good measure.

if this sounds like the RP for you, get in touch.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:03 pm 

Looking For An RP

Details?

Like, what are you looking for? Is there a set plot? Specific timeline? Characters?

I myself am more adept to the line of Mega Man Battle Network with, as it states, Mega Man being a computer program with a human soul. Megaman.EXE, Chaud, Lan, and everyone else. I've dabbled in all the M.B.N. games, but have only finished game #3 and #6 (Cybeast Gregar).

Will there be uses of non-canon characters? O.C.s? What about the actual Canon characters?

I'm interested, I just need to know more details. I actually have a handful of characters from a while back I've created for the Mega Man story, both humans and Navi.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:01 pm 

This is based more on a amalgamation of all the Mega Man franchises, almost like the (unfortunately cancelled) Rockman Online, though obviously extended.

Normally the timeline goes Classic (or Legacy, as I call it)-X-Zero-ZX-ZX Advent-Legends 2, with Battle Network-StarForce being alternate timelines. This timeline starts earlier, starting from the Capcom shooter 19XX: The War Against Destiny; taking place in 19XX.

Yes, there are OCs involved. Most of the Archie Comics characters are considered "related friends", as does certain non-Mega Man series characters. A list of such includes:

Azure Striker Gunvolt (created by Inti Creates, behind the later Mega Man titles)
Mighty Number 9 (created by the same dude behind Mega Man, though not nearly as good)
Gunstar Super Heroes (and specifically Gunstar Super Heroes, not the Genesis original)
Pulseman (a Game Freak game for the Mega Drive that acts similar to Mega Man)
Strider (another futuristic Capcom game, this one with ninjas)
Street Fighter (needs no introduction, has crossed over with Mega Man before)
Sonic the Hedgehog (to an extent; I'd go so far as it being a different universe that has its connections to the Mega Man franchise)

The timeline therefore has different sections:

19XX - The War Against Destiny (19XX, Street Fighter)
20XX - The Wily Wars (Classic/Legacy Mega Man, Mighty No. 9, Pulseman, Strider)
21XX - The Maverick Wars (Mega Man X, Gunstar Super Heroes)
22XX - The Elf Wars/Neo Arcadian Energy Crisis (Mega Man X Command Mission, Mega Man Zero)
23XX - The Game of Destiny (Mega Man ZX/ZX Advent, Azure Striker Gunvolt)
50XX - Legend Era (Mega Man Legends 1, Mega Man Legends 2)

Alternate 20XX - the Network Era (Battle Network)
Alternate 21XX - the Wireless Era (Star Force)
Alternate 50XX - the Mobius Era (Sonic the Hedgehog)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:57 pm 

Always Looking For RP Partners

Yay! Let me see what I can pull together for an OC ^-^

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:55 pm 

OOC topic is up. Make sure to check it out!
http://www.creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&p=390990#p390990