All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: In My World of Steampunk
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

I am back from taking a bit of a hiatus due to the fact that IRL I had too much to do. But I am doing 1 RP that I have worked on while I have been gone.

In the 1800s, there was a terrible Small Pox Epidemic. It moved from one place to another. Many died all across the world. Now let's say that for some reason unknown to us, the world split off a second world which is a parallel world to the original earth during this time. The parallel world had the same dreaded Small Pox Epidemic but it was handled in a different way.

This new earth and its inhabitants decided to make local Epidemic Hospitals. Some of these hospitals were mansions since there were no hospitals that would allow small pox patients inside. The governments gave aid in furnishings and in money. But those who worked in those hospitals had to stay in the hospitals. The patients went in ill and did not see anyone until they were totally healed. Women were trained to be epidemic doctors and nurses free of charge. All food and drugs were delivered by a special passage that there was a set of doors between them. Even patients were delivered wrapped up from head to foot in a high back wheelchair in the same manner.

Enough of the background... Let's to where we are today.

This World of Steampunk is at the very edge of Technology and Science. I will be allowing only certain weapons, careers and transportation. There is a blog that will tell you what is allowed.

Lady Rosewoode is the sole survivor of her family. She was a young teenager when she helped her parents with their Epidemic Hospital. They had a terrific success since they had some magical abilities. They were kept a secret until the rumors started and then they had to admit to their methods of curing since more than 95% left with in 2-3 months instead of the long 9 months or more that other hospitals did and lost more than 95% of their patients.

The small pox epidemic is now over. The mansion is going to be burned to the ground. Lady Rosewoode is very rich and very independent lady. She is now looking forward for a journey to somewhere and new friends who will ride in her converted luxury compartment cars. Will you be one of the ones who will befriend her?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:44 pm 

FYI

Here is the Blog for this RP:

blog.php?u=8538&b=1473

It has the historical facts there.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:58 pm 

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Im always up to RP with you love.
Steampunk just takes the bait

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:06 pm 

Wonderful, Alastar, dear. I shall look forward to this now. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:25 pm 

I am going to post an OCC for any interested people.Here is were it is located!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=52180&p=390064#p390064

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:44 pm 

I am still waiting on a few more people before starting. For an inside look at what kinds of things that be mentioned, go to the OOC. A lot of the time will be spent in Chicago's World Fair that was held there.

I will look up to see which museums were built for the Fair.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:19 am 

Plenty of openings!