All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:06 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

So this is a collection of ideas I am putting up to see what interest I can get for them all. it will periodically be updated, and each is a group idea requiring at least 4 to 6 people.

The Electric Elemental Emperor | +
Every great Empire is eventually laden with tragedy. That is one of the greatest truths of the universe. And the planet Crobesona is no exception. this huge planet was once a paradise for five races of what earth would consider aliens. they lived in peace for a very long time. Almost 5000 years in fact. those were good times... I remember when we were able to- Oh, I'm sorry, I seem to be getting off topic. When you live as long as me, that happens a lot.

Anyway, I suppose the Tragedy started when the "Great" Emperor fell ill, and the entirety of the planet's inhabitants begged for their medical scientists to cure him. they did what they could with nanobot technology, and it seemed to work, but he eventually started to grow metallic circuitry-like particles that seemed to spawn from his veins. At first, no one thought this was a bad thing, and the scientists even suggested that he try to power the cities in his sleep to remove the excess heat and electrical currents he generated. That's when the Tragedy began to unfold. he became addicted to giving power to electric devices, and he eventually locked himself in a room that was attached to the planet's power grid. I know! A planet running on a single power grid! who thought up that stupid idea? Anyway, I'm getting off track again... now, where was I?

Oh right. the Electric Elemental Emperor... well it seemed that everything would be fine, but then the Emperor's wife announced that she had been impregnated before he had sealed himself in the Power Grid Room. This, of course, led to a huge celebration, but the Emperor refused to attend. this made the Empress furious, and she divorced him. As soon as he got word of this, he shut down the power grid and the entire planet was dark whether it was day or night. Even when the sun was out, Crobesona was never lit. this forced the inhabitants to use fire as a means of light. You know, candles, oil lanterns and bonfires and such. everyone went on about their business, trying their best to act like they always had, but the planet couldn't go back to electricity, because the entire thing was plugged into the Power Grid Room, and no one could get it to open. it had been permanently sealed according to the guards.

Again, peace seemed to exist, but when it came time for the Ex-Empress to give birth, she was found to be carrying quintets! Unfortunately, these children all differed in a miraculous way. One could literally mesh with the air around him. The second could grow any type of plant from his body or the surfaces within 30 feet of him no matter if there was soil present or not. The third seemed to be bald at first, but as she grew, her head seemed to be on fire, and she was able to manipulate flames at will, as well as create them. The fourth had looked normal at first, but when he touched the ground near the cemetery the Ex-Empress died at, all that changed. he found that he could bring the dead back as his own personal Ghoulish Army, his mother at the forefront. As previously mentioned, the Ex-Empress died. I suppose you could say it was in childbirth, but that's not entirely accurate. The fifth child, another girl, Literally froze her mother from the inside out as she was born. her skin was slightly translucent, showing blue veins, and she put a thin layer of frost on everything she came into contact with.

When the children were delivered, they were given no names and were sent to live with their uncle, not told of their father or his hand in the planet's blackout. They grew up shunned by the populace for reasons they knew nothing about.

16 of Crobesonian years passed, and they learned to control their abilities, harnessing them for several situations, taught by their wise uncle. As time went on, however, they began to question their uncle and ask about their origins. The now thought dead Emperor's men found the house and rather ironically... burned it to the ground, which didn't affect the girl of Flame, Seemed to make the Air child vanish, made the Frost girl run into hiding, and burned off one of the legs of the plant child. the only reason the guards retreated was the child of Undead energy simply waved his arm, and his mother rose from the earth on the spot and demanded to let them be free. As you can imagine, they were all so terrified, they were easily overtaken by the five children, who decided to separate and see each other when they all had turned 19. three years pass, and the child of Air is heading to their old home, waiting to see how his siblings have fared all this time. This is where our story begins.

Assassins and Alchemy | +
alchemy's sequence is usually described as:
Comprehension - Understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted, including the flow and balance of potential and kinetic energy within.

Deconstruction - Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.

Reconstruction - Continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape.

The proper application of Alchemy requires not only a full understanding of chemistry and ancient alchemical theory but also a sort of natural talent towards recognizing and manipulating the physical objects with energy, which require uncommon levels of intelligence and aptitude. Those remarkable individuals capable of studying and practicing alchemy are known as "Alchemists".

There are many paths by which alchemists can transmute the various substances of the world, with some alchemists being said to transmute by way of the Four Classical Elements (Water, Earth, Fire, and Air) and some by way of the Three Essential Principles (salt, sulfur, and mercury), but the basic tenet at the very foundation of all alchemy is that of Equivalent Exchange.

Equivalent Exchange: "In order to obtain or create something, something of equal value must be lost or destroyed."

In standard practice, Equivalent Exchange is separated into two parts:

The Law of Conservation of Mass, which states that energy and matter can neither be created from nothing nor destroyed to the point of elemental nonexistence. In other words, to create an object weighing one kilogram, at least one kilogram of material is necessary and destroying an object weighing one kilogram would reduce it to a set of parts, the sum of which would weigh one kilogram.

The Law of Natural Providence, which states that an object or material made of a particular substance or element can only be transmuted into another object with the same basic makeup and properties of that initial material. In other words, an object or material made mostly of water can only be transmuted into another object with the attributes of water.

Rebound: Since the alchemical forces being manipulated are not human in origin, but of the world as a whole, the consequences for attempting to bypass the Law of Equivalent Exchange in transmutation are not merely failure and cessation. When too much is attempted out of too little, what occurs is called a Rebound, in which the alchemical forces that are thrown out of balance on either side of the equation fluctuate wildly of their own accord in order to stabilize themselves - taking or giving more than was intended in often unpredictable and catastrophic ways such as accidental mutation, serious injury or death.

Additionally, though no machine or equipment is needed to produce the energy necessary for transmutation, merely understanding the sequence of transmutation and the limitations of Equivalent Exchange is not enough. Just as the processes of "Comprehension, Deconstruction, Reconstruction" and "In order to gain, something of equal value must be lost in return" are cyclical concepts, the circle itself is the foundation of alchemy.

In order to begin an alchemical transmutation, a symbol called a Transmutation Circle is necessary. A Transmutation Circle can either be drawn on the spot when a transmutation is necessary (in chalk, pencil, ink, paint, blood or even traced in dirt) or permanently etched or inscribed beforehand, but without it, transmutation is generally impossible.

ASSASSINS AND ALCHEMY

This RP is meant to be a small group of four to six people. It assumes you have seen or are familiar with the show FullMetal Alchemist. STOP! forget everything about the canon save for the Alchemy itself. There, isn't that better? Now that that's out of the way, what would happen in America if Alchemy existed?

Well, for starters, the American Military doesn't realize the capability of Alchemy. either that or they refer to it as witchcraft, which means they won't hire those who say it's real. The next fact I need to mention is that although the military doesn't recognize them, there is an Order of Alchemic Assassins who will assign you targets from time to time... they are an organization as old as when America was first colonized by the pilgrims dedicated to- well I can't tell you that. All you new initiates need to know is that your next target will induct you into our ranks and then we will teach you how to use Alchemy to do any number of things, from attack and defense to hacking technology without messing with programs. that's right, you can use alchemy to reconfigure bits of tech if you know what you're doing.

That is where our story starts, my friends. All you need to know is that your instructions are kept with the valet at the Boca Raton Marriott in Florida. If you can't get there and find him, do not respond to this letter, and expect your life to become very short. you have been sent this letter because of the abilities in Alchemy we have observed you using.
This RP assumes you realize the penalty for attempting human transmutation. Although you may attempt it, the dice mod will be used to see if you are successful when committing acts of forbidden Alchemy such as creating Chimeras or bringing those of you who perish back from the other side of The Gate. And it isn't a two-sided coin. depending on your roll, yes, you could succeed or fail, but the Rebound effects of your actions will vary depending on how high or low the numbers are.

For example: a roll of a d6 that is three or lower results in a failed attempt, but while rolling a three results in a loss of a limb and the need for Automail or Cybernetics, a one will send you through the loss of your entire physical body, and only another person's fastly applied roll to save you returning a four or higher will attach the first's soul to something nearby. if you are to roll a six, you succeed with no casualties, however, rolling a four will result in you succeeding AND depending on the circumstances unprecedented effects being applied which will be discussed via PM so that you understand the full effects of your actions.

DC Teen Titans Original Series/2003 continuation | +
WTF was with the final episode? I have a hankering to find out what the heck would happen after that series if there was a season 6... I am looking for people to play The Titans AND villains for them to face. OH THE POSSIBILITIES

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace