All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:44 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

So I was hoping to get a story running in a renaissance/steam fantasy setting, similar to Amnesia or the Dishonored franchise. Y'know, a world with clear magic/supernatural phenomena, gunpowder and in all likelihood flying ships.

I have specifics idea in mind for a setting like this, adventures with action and horror elements, but I'm happy to shift things around or go in a whole 'nother direction if somebody else has another idea.

IDEA 1:
My original idea was to play a mystic or a seer who comes into contact with an otherworldly, horrific entity and is torn between preventing the entity from coming into the world and being compelled to bring the disaster about.

In this setting, magic is known but most people fear it, and various warring city-states dot the map amidst fog and shadows. It could get a little gruesome/horrific, with the visions and changes the entity brings on in the seer and such.

Another player (or players, but one on one is fine) could either be a heroic person trying to avert the coming disaster or a cultist working to bring it about. In either case the method and relationship to my seer would be totally up to you.

IDEA 2:
The world is all floating islands and flying cities, and the fogs below have always been a grim mystery to those who live above them. For one reason or another, our collection of characters is on a flying ship which malfunctions and slips beneath the fogs to the unknown world below.

In this setting a lot more is up to you, like whether or not there are other races besides humans, if magic is prevalent or not, if your character intentionally sabotaged the ship, etc. As to what's waiting in the fog... Well there's literally a world of possibilities.

ANYWAY,
If either of these ideas work for you, or if you have a completely different idea that you wanna try in a setting like this, please let me know!

Last edited by Cottonmouth on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:37 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I like the idea of #2 with a twist. What if your character landed in my world? He/she would have to way to survive or take my character to his/her world if he finds away to return. Possible romance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:45 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

That could work, I think. It puts a lot on you to primarily create the world below, but if you're cool with that I absolutely am.

So tell me more about what you were thinking! Did you want me to exclusively control the survivor(s) from the shipwreck? And you would play resident(s) of the world below? Because that could go in virtually any kind of direction and story.

I haven't found your writing preferences page yet, it would be good to know the kind of stories you like and the ways you want things to run. I'm generally down for just about anything, so if you know the way you want the story to spin please let me know!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:25 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

To both of your questions- yes. From the picture they look like a primitive culture. My character finds the man from the sky world and a female was on her hunting trial. She saves his life then hides him. She is curious about everything the flier and his wrecked craft. The craft explodes and soon the area will be over run by her tribe. She is different she is the daughter of the sky person and tribal member. Later she shows the man her father's crashed craft.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:55 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

If I'm understanding you, that sounds good. I guess the only question is would you want to run that as a one-on-one or wait for a possible third person? I've been PMing someone about another plot based on the second idea, but it seems like both ideas are pretty different and if you're okay with it I'm definitely happy to have two separate stories out of this. Still, if you'd prefer to wait for another person for this we can do that. =)

('From the picture?' Like the picture at the end of my posts? That's my signature, it's just on every post. Having said that, I DO love that look if that's what you meant =D)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:55 am 

You could combine both ideas. That's my thing anyway. If so, I would like to play a sinister mortal warlord who meets the seer and tries to convince him to help him take over the world.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:41 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

I like that idea, T. Storyteller! I was sort of visualizing the seer as female, but that's a small detail and doesn't really matter either way.

As I've had three different responses, all with different interests I'm gonna take the 'open' tag off this sucker, but I'm still interested in hearing more from anybody who wants to join either one of the ideas T. Storyteller and LadyKate have provided, or is interested in playing the second idea straight as I have been PMed about that.

Failing all else I am very happy to run one on one threads with each of you, but if anybody would prefer a third person or somebody out there wants to be a third person, I'm also comfortable waiting for more feedback.

Just let me know, friends. =)

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:07 pm 

Female is better because my character is charming like that XD

Well I'm a worldbuilder. That just means everything is connected in my RPs, and I dont RP just for the sake of escapism. So if we do this, whether it's idea 1 or 2 or both, it would become an integral and important part of my character's history. I created this character in 2002, to give you an idea of his longevity. So nowadays I dont really RP unless I'm building his story or world. Also, I prefer to RP with more than one person. I like everyone to feel like they are contributing something to a massive story, rather than one person not.

I realize this might seem kinda strange, and you may not even understand what I mean. I dont really know what everyone else wants, since only Kate replied to the thread, but I dont think her idea is mutually exclusive to mine.

City-states rule above. The seer is a passenger on a malfunctioning airship, which goes down into the foggy mist of your world, which is ruled by Kate's character (or however she wants to set that up). However one of your NPCs or perhaps a badly damaged radio indicates that something nefarious is going on above; assassinations, tyrannical laws being passed, peasants being shot. You encounter Kate's character and eventually the two of you must return to the floating cities for whatever reason to encounter...my character.

I love mystery and improv-RPing, so writing all that out really made me sad lol. But maybe we could throw some twists in there along the way. Besides, once finished with the floating city-states, my character would move on to the mystical ground below anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:56 pm 

is this still a thing or no?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:03 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Probably? Just waiting on replies from the other people who wanted to be involved in some permutation of this thread.
I will say, I am a little intimidated by the idea of contributing to your overarching canon. I've been writing off and on for over a decade now but no two people have the same style or sensibilities. Having said that I'm still happy to be a part of this, whether it's one thread with all of us or many small threads. Still just waiting to see if the others respond.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:33 am 

ok well if you need me to play multiple characters, i can. i've admined a forum before in which i played over 100 characters and my gf at the time played as over 80.