All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:29 am 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

Had a very as-yet-barely-formed idea for a fantasy RP just now.

Everyone would play a scion of a royal house ruling over a fantasy kingdom, where rather than succession going to the eldest, it goes to the one the parents deem most worthy.

In addition to creating their character, each player would also have to come up with an ancestor character in the royal family line whom their character idolizes and would be seeking to emulate.

Not sure if I'll take it to the next stage just yet, but thought I'd put up a quick interest check anyway.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:14 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I'm intrigued! When you mention a fantasy kingdom my mind explodes with possibilities! I'd be happy to help pour a little concrete into this world, but I'm also very happy to hang back until your idea is a little more solid and then work within it.

So the idea is that each of the siblings in a family is vying for the throne in a kingdom? And each has a specific patron they mean to follow in terms of pursuit of the kingdom. That sounds just awesome. As someone who was too big a weeny (technical term there) to watch Game of Thrones, the intrigue possibilities just blow me away.

I would absolutely love to participate in a story like that.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:41 am 

Yeah.

To give a GoT comparison, we'd be playing the most recent batch of Targaryens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:38 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Alright. Well yes, would love that! As I said before I'm happy to help with world-building and equally happy to leave it to you.

Hopefully you get at least a third person interested, failing that I can run multiple competing siblings but I think this world would be richer with a third author =)

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 am 

Well, I wouldn't run this particular one unless I got at least five separate people overall, at least for the siblings.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:33 pm 

A little Fire Emblem obsessed

Hey, I'm kinda interested in this. Is it still open?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:14 pm 

We're still in planning stages. Waiting to see how much interest it develops before I make a full OOC for it.

Until that happens, I'm glad to accept any kind of input.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:56 am 

I'm interested

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

I'm interested too!

I've actually never watched or read the Game of Thorns but I'm always really intrigued by stories with similar themes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm 

I'm very interested! If you want, I can contribute with lore and some of the RP's settings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:17 pm 

Hmm. Maybe I'll have to start this then when I'm back from my vacation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:26 pm 

Freezing and burning, total opposites

I am interested too.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:50 am 

Life's not all the great right now, sorry.

Blog: View Blog (1)

I'd love to join and help brainstorm!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 am 

ive been moving so things are kinda hectic for me right now but if you need me and i dont get on this site for awhile, just PM me and i will get a notification on my phone. still interested, also obsessed with worldbuilding.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:18 am 

This one intrigues me.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:38 pm 

Anyone who was interested can refer here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=52207

Feel free to ask any questions.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:11 pm 

1st Year (1)

Is this still a thing?

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:00 pm 

Yeah, ooc is up... Was going to get a couple more people before starting