All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sandbox Style Fantasy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:12 pm 

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

It's been a long time since i've been around and I want to do something with an old RP idea i've used before a few times. Assuming that all goes to plan, I can amass a small group of players, preferably between two and five, and just kind of go for it.

Somewhere, on an unnamed continent far, far away, there are three kinds of people that come into conflict with each other: humans, goblins, and mages.

Humans: Your average joe humankind. Generally the hardiest and most widespread of the three, with settlements all throughout the land. Living in a land where safety is not a guarantee, humans are tough from childhood on.

Goblins: Living mainly in the reclusive Forest of Kie, goblins are beings descended from long extinct elves with skin in varying pigments of blue, green, or pale purple, and the distinct pointed ears. Don't be fooled though. They're gifted with natural appearance changing powers, allowing them to look any way they wish. They can see through each other's magic easily, but this is a power many of them abuse with non-goblins.

Mages: Mages are born with a variety of magical abilities, from elemental, to emotional, to even dark magics such necromancy. Mages are born with two identifying traits: oftener than not they're born with unnatural or otherworldly hair colors such as blues and bright pinks, and all mages possess eyes that shift colors with their emotional state.

Other than that, there's not much to say. Go nuts with backstories, character ideas, etc. If you're interested in this, you can just post a char sheet here.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:53 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

1st Year (1)

I may be interested

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:40 am 

Most Patient (1)

Awesome *tips hat* I'm just gonna post my character to start.
Name: Goes by the alias Peach
Race: Goblin
Bio: Peach was formally educated from a young age in a monastery, and taught the ways of both the pen and the sword. She took more to the sword, and left to eventually become a mercenary. She's not the most... friendly of folk. She has a good eye for jobs though, and she's a little obsessed with record keeping.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:01 pm 

Sounds awesome!

Name: Willow
Race: Mage
Magic power: Empathy (controlling/ reading emotions) and suggestion
original eye color: grey
Weapon of choice: short sword
Familiar: Fox
Personality: mistrustful and cautious with strangers, but extremely loyal to friends. outgoing and eager to try new things. affectionate and ambitious. a natural born leader.

Background: Willow was the child of a farmhand and a maid, destined to die poor. But from a young age, her parents discovered she was a Mage, the first sign being her eyes shifting colors. Her mother was in denial, believing it to be a trick of the light or a childish trick. But when Willow's mother saw her child's dark red hair growing, she became delirious and attempted to drown Willow. This was when her power came to light and she made her mother go to bed. When Willow was 4, her mother committed suicide, leaving her husband and 4 children behind. At that point, her father got in touch with an old friend and sent Willow to a school where she could hone her powers. As soon as she was old enough to work, Willow would send all the money she could to her family.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:10 pm 

Most Patient (1)

I'm going to work on a first post, and wait a bit to see if there's anyone else who'd be interested in joining. Then we can dive into some fun stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:09 am 

Most Patient (1)

Sorry, but i'm probab,y going to have to put this thread on hold for now. Real life is getting a wee bit too hectic. If I have a chance to start this up when I have more time, I definitely will.