All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:00 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Now I am taking things from games, books, movies and other forms of media to create this, as well as adding some of my own creations. If you see something familiar, don’t freak out.

The land of Nosgoth

Races:
Vampires: Once a common and respected race, the Vampires were hunted to near extinction. While most have devolved into monstrous forms, few humanoid vampires remain. Humanoid vampires normally have three fingers and two claw like toes. Instead of slowly changing like most, they enter periods of ‘hibernation’, from which they emerge with a new gift. They possess Telekinetic and Telepathic Powers, and very rarely the ability to shift into a dire wolf or bats.

Humans: The most common race of Nosgoth at this time. They have settlements in every region. Few have weak magical powers, mostly used as healers, and even fewer are strong enough to use magic as a weapon.

Demons: Demons can range in appearance, from almost human to vile beasts. Most have the ability to use basic telekinetic and magic powers. They are extremely loyal to the religion and gods, being the one race that widely believes in the Creator Gods.

Elves: Elves are strongly aligned with nature, and possess very powerful magic. The embody grace and beauty, as well as being far stronger and faster then any human. They sing their weapons and tools from the trees by elvish lyrics woven with magic. They too, believe in the Creator gods, often throwing festivals in the honor of a specific god.

Dwarves:Short, stout, and stubborn people. They believe they came from the rock itself. Most are skilled miners and smiths. They tools, weapons, and jewelry are in large demand throughout Nosgoth.

any sort of mythical and real beast, just name it.
Demi-Gods: Half-god and half of any other race. They are weaker then the gods, but stronger then the other. They often rise to positions of power, like kings or emperors.

Gods (But only a few): The eldest gods are the ones that created Nosgoth. They have very powerful magic and other abilities. Their children are weaker, but not to much so. Most are aligned with a specific thing, which relates to their powers and abilities.

Elder Gods: (They will not be available characters, but Im listing them for reference.)
Cynder Shadows: Goddess of Death and Fear
Kassava: God of Life/Creation
Nion: God of Day/Light/The sun
Liliana: Goddess of night/Darkness/The moon
Helgrind: Goddess of Chaos and War
Corean: God of Nature

Regions:
Northern Nosgoth: This place is dominated by tall mountains and deep ravines. The villages here are small and perched precariously on ledges. The biggest settlements are underground, where most of the dwarves live.

Quod Magna Silva(The Great Forest): Eastern Nosgoth is dominated by a large, thick forest. Home of the nature loving elves. You are likely to stumble upon an elvish village and not know it, as they sing the trees into houses.

Montes Ignis(The Mountains of Fire): The entire southern coast of Nosgoth is lined with volcanos and lava fields. Little vegetation grows here and it’s almost constantly dark. Most demons live here, and small, rickety villages.

Paludibus(The Swamps): The swamps of Nosgoth encompass it’s entire central core. The vampires seem to like it here, building mansions and castles in the darkest parts of the marshes. Most being abandoned.

Pratis(Plains): Western Nosgoth is covered by vast plains dotted with beautiful lakes and laced with rivers. Most of the Human race lives here, having divided the vast land in separate kingdoms (Which you can make, but there will only be three in all) Large strongholds dot the landscape, the largest being that of the Sarafan Brotherhood.

Well Known Groups:
Sarafan Brotherhood: A brotherhood of warrior priests, formed to hunt Vampires and Demons. Solely human members.

Kain’s Empire: The remains of a vampire reign from a millennium before. Still loyal to their long dead king, they mostly stay within the swamps. (You may expand upon this if you wish.)

The Ancients: The group of Elder Gods, the original creators. They mentor the younger generations of deities to rule when they finally pass.

Attachments:
the_pillars_of_nosgoth_by_kingteddy.jpg
the_pillars_of_nosgoth_by_kingteddy.jpg [ 78.29 KiB | Viewed 8192 times ]
tumblr_me7tb9lVqf1ryz9yso1_1280.png
tumblr_me7tb9lVqf1ryz9yso1_1280.png [ 366.31 KiB | Viewed 8192 times ]

"I have Been many things, if you find me ignorant, enlighten me." ~Raziel

"No law, no code of conduct. You point me in the right direction, you get the hell out of my way." Logan 'Wolverine'

"I will not applaud your cleaver blasphemy. the Sarafan were saviors, defending Nosgoth from the corruption we represent. My eyes are open, Kain. I find no nobility in the un-life you rudely forced on my unwilling corpse!" ~Raziel

My Characters: http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51891&p=386362#p386362
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:14 am 

I'm curious. Would there be a specific plot or is it more like a day-in-the-life-of kind of story???

roleplay with me .__.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:00 pm 

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)

I'm very intrigued. This could be fun!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:37 pm 

Well, I need help to form a plot idea from this

"No law, no code of conduct. You point me in the right direction, you get the hell out of my way." Logan 'Wolverine'

"I will not applaud your cleaver blasphemy. the Sarafan were saviors, defending Nosgoth from the corruption we represent. My eyes are open, Kain. I find no nobility in the un-life you rudely forced on my unwilling corpse!" ~Raziel

My Characters: http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51891&p=386362#p386362

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:06 pm 

A good go-to plot would be an imminent threat to some part of existence to draw the characters together...?? Not a total Lord of the Rings type of plot but the idea of it. I'm not sure how commonly used it is in many medieval plots but if you prefer something more original I'm sure we can think something up!

roleplay with me .__.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:15 pm 

Most Patient (1)

I really like that idea! My go-tos for fantasy plots usually involve corruption and political machinations, or some sort of magic artifact. I also like the trope of the characters coming together to save the day despite their differences.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:25 am 

What if someone tries to bring Kain's empire back into power, causing the Sarafan to raise their recruitment rate to battle the rising number and vampires, thus causing a world-wide war between the races? A small secret order can gather a small group of people to find whoever is leading the new vampire order and fight them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:27 am 

Most Patient (1)

Sounds good to me :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:32 pm 

This sounds like it could be fun. I have a character idea in mind and I'll be willing to help with the plot if you'd let me. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:26 pm 

I think we have a good plot idea, you guys work on your characters and I'll go deeper with the plot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:23 pm 

Most Patient (1)

D'ya think a character who's a half-mermaid or a water based demon would be off the table?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:24 pm 

I think it would work great. But I would do a demon so you're able to move across land.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:29 am 

Most Patient (1)

Name: Sikka
Race: Mermaid/Merwif/Water Demon
Appearance: Image
Sleek indigo/black hair, large sea green eyes in a round and almost childishly innocent face. Small spikes protrude from her forehead which is decorated with a blue war paint handprint. Her ears are hidden beneath a set of fins on either side of her head. She has small gills on her neck. Often seen wearing a white or seafoam green toga.

She can change at will from humanoid to mermaid, and in her natural form has a pale blue tail with a row of thin, razor sharp spikes and three fins.

Personality/Bio: A carefree and naive appearance, but with an understanding of the world and intellect beneath that veneer that even she isn't fully sure how she obtained. She's spent most of her long life so far out in the deep sea, playing tricks on sailors, to varying degrees of deadly, and exploring. When she discovered shores, she was enourmously excited at the prospect of new lands. After a few decades, she settled in Pratis, hopping from lake to lake, river to river. Local legends tell warped tales of her, and many a time has she watched from afar, struggling to conceal her laughter at the increasingly outlandish rumors.