All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone up for a 1x1 RP?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:39 pm 

Drowning in Homework right now...

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey, everyone, I'm new to this site, but definitely not to roleplaying. I prefer romance in my stories, it's just a thing I enjoy. When it comes to post length, I can post 2 paragraphs and up usually my intros are pretty long depending how excited I am about the RP. When it comes to frequency of posts I try for at least once a week, but I am a full time college student and I work part-time so sometimes it ends up taking longer or even shorter for me to reply. If I think I'll take a long time to respond, I'll try to let you know. Anyway, if there's any more you'd like to know about me feel free to ask! Lets get into some plots and pairings!

Already Made Plots
The Magic in Technology | +
A world that relies heavily on magic and technology. The two coexist and occasionally means that they go together. Some people of this world can use magic to charge a piece of technology others can program something simply by whispering to the object and there is much more. In this world though, there also lives a group of sky pirates a small band of people that steal from the rich, go on adventures to uncolonized areas for treasures from ancient civilizations, and occasionally kidnap a member of government. It just depends how they're feeling, really. This group consists of some of the strongest magic users in the world, though that doesn't mean they're good at it.

Anyway, I’d like to focus on this team of sky pirates and their various adventures. I would like to get pretty creative with this story, and build this world with my partner. I would prefer this to have romance either MxM, FxF or MxF or even all 3. I would like someone who will play multiple characters and genders as well and likes to plan things out.

Inseperable | +
This is MxM and I'd like to play the boy with anxiety.

Two boys were friends from a young age, meeting in elementary school and continuing their education at the same school all the way until graduation. The two were inseparable, nobody else had ever seen the two boys away from each other. One of the boys showed signs of having anxiety, but his parents refused to acknowledge it. The other boy learned how to take care of his friend and how to figure out when he was going to have a panic attack before it happened. As they got older the boy caring for the other starts developing a crush on him, but decides it's best to keep it a secret until their tenth grade year. The caretaker bought tickets for Homecoming for the two of them to go, and was waiting for a perfect moment to confess, right after the school assembly for homecoming. Unfortunately, during the assembly his friend suffers from a major panic attack that gets him sent to the hospital. After that day the boy never shows up for school again, he stays home away from the crowds of people and finishes school through homeschooling. He cuts off ties with everyone, except his friend who forces himself to still be part of his life.

The boy with anxiety learns that most of his anxiety stems from crowds and learns to just avoid going out in public as much as possible. He decides on a career that allows him to continue with that path, writing. He writes books for a living and actually becomes a well known author. He starts making quite a good amount of money with this job, still he finds it better to keep himself hidden and away from as many people as possible. His friend on the other hand starts having issues trying to find a job and having no idea what to do. He refuses to take money from his author friend, so instead the famous author comes up with an idea. The author hires his friend as his caretaker, so his friend goes around town to do the author's grocery shopping, and other errands that need to be done. One day the author's younger sister decides to show up and "cure" her brother of his anxiety. His friend believes that this is just a way for the younger sister to take advantage of the author, but he's getting pushed farther and farther away from the author by the younger sister and can't find any proof that she's only there for the money.

Fairytale Highschool | +
MxM and MxF I would like to play prince charming and his brother

general plot
There's an academy that holds all the people from the classic fairytales, only they aren't so classic anymore, they're in the present. People of certain families and people that show any signs of being magical are sent to this academy. Prince charming is from a rich family, and is probably the most popular guy in the school. Everyone knows that he ends up with Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Rapunzel. He will most likely divorce each of them and move onto the next one. Some people speculate there was a curse put on him, some believe it's a love spell that easily wears off. Either way he always gets those girls, time and time again. There's Ariel a princess from Atlantis, with a magic spell to allow her to walk on land and attend the school. Her destiny to meet the guy of her dreams, and stay on land for the rest of her life, is known just as well. What happens when everyone gets sick of their destiny? They've heard these stories their whole lives, they know they are the reincarnations of these fairy tale characters, and they are done with getting groomed to live up to the expectations. Prince Charming gets pushed towards the three girls he's supposed to marry. Belle can only spend her days in the library, she isn't even allowed to try something new, like art, or cheer leading, or something other than being book smart. Cinderella wasn't even born a girl this time around.

Prince Charming x Robin Hood
Prince Charming, the most popular prince, has three princesses to choose from. He wants none of them. His destiny has always been written for him, first he marries Sleeping Beauty, then Snow White, then finally Rapunzel and all three of those fall apart in some way or another. He feels like his happy ending doesn't exist and he wants that to change. Still, he hangs out with Sleeping Beauty and Snow White, but they manage to drive him away almost daily with their constant fighting with Maid Marian. Robin Hood had started to follow in his example, by just walking away from the situation and letting the girls deal with it themselves. Charming and Robin start hanging out only to find that they might be more attracted to each other than any of their destined lovers. The school frowns upon the students that don't want to fulfill their destiny, but that doesn't stop the two. They decided to try and make it work in any way possible. That is, until the school finds out.

Cinderella and her Prince
Cinderella is the new addition to the school, and the school was very excited to finally have the princess arrive. The new Cinderella, appearing quite late and knowing nobody. She's shy and tries her best just not to drown in every little new thing and all the changes to her life. She finds a friend in Prince Charming, and the two get rather close. With their friendship as strong as it is, Cinderella's prince, Prince Charming's brother, decides that it needs to end and tells the school about Robin and Charming.

About the World
The school is based in the country side of France. The town or region we'll be using is going to be fake, it won't be based off of a real town in France. The school itself is very rich and will have many club activities and things for students to do during their time off from classes, including a bus that shuttles students to and from the nearby town. Staff members will be seen as mysterious people, nobody will know where they come from or who they are. They'll seemingly just be average people, none of them being from a fairytale themselves.

Students are all reincarnations of fairy tale characters. There won't be a separate world that once held these people, these people have always been around, and in the modern time it's no different. All characters are born with no memory of who they are and have to unlock the memories of their past lives. After they remember something from the past lives the school is able to find them and invites them to the school. Some students will be able to remember more of their past lives than others due to interactions with people from those past lives or having more opportunities to do things that is similar to what they did in their past life. As for magical properties, most characters won't have any sort of magic, but some will. Like, Robin Hood could have the ability to have extraordinary aim with a bow, or Cinderella might be able to see fairies and communicate with them.

Other pairings
[I do not have plots in mind for these, so we'd have to brainstorm together.]
Ancient Being x Modern Being
Criminal x FBI Agent
Time Traveler x Modern Day Average Person
Vampire x Vampire
Anything Greek Mythology Based
Fairytales reimagined
Sci-fi World filled with magic (think like sky pirates that are also cyber mages, it could be tons of fun.)
Superhero x Superhero
Highschool based roleplays

Fandoms
DC Universe [Character's I'll play: Mister Freeze, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Superman, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Lex Luthor. Favorite Pairings: Superman x Batman, Lois Lane x Catwoman, Lex x Sinestro (It's weird I know), Tommy Elliot x Roman Sionis (yep another weird one) Freeze x Nora]
Pokemon [I'd like to do something that doesn't focus on a trainer's journey to be the best trainer. I'd rather focus on the other professions, like a gym leader, breeder or scientist. Or even just everyday life for someone that lives in the Pokemon world]
Durarara! [Pairings: Shizuo x Izaya (will play Shizuo)]
Persona [original characters and plot]

Preferences
-I will warn you all before you get too far, I do prefer romance in my roleplays, sorry, I'm more interested in them.

-Be able to give back what I give you, I would like you to be able to post a minimum of two paragraphs.

-Please be open to playing both genders! I will not be playing the male counterpart to your female character, I've been asked to do that a lot. Doubling is different, and I might be willing to do that.

-You have full control on the looks, personality, and even powers of your character.

-There will be MxM pairings and MxF pairings and I'm willing to do FxF plots as well.

-I am fine with blood, gore and swearing but I don’t go into detail about sex(this is more about inexperience with writing those scenes than anything else), not saying that it can't happen between our characters.

-I don’t want any love at first sight kind of things going on. Hidden crushes right off the bat can be a thing, but no making out within the first few posts.

-If you have any ideas for the role-play or you want to say “Hey, how about we do this…” Tell me about it, I want this to be fun for both of us. One of my favorite parts of a roleplay is planning things out. And the more drama the better, really.

-If there is anything else you want to know please feel free to ask me, I don’t bite.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:06 pm 

I am new as well and think a 1x1 thing may be easier-especially since its more like what I'm used to. I have no problems matching you for word count, I love drama and romance. I don't have any issues with the romantic pairings or playing different genders- in fact I prefer it. I am more into fantasy/sci-fy and don't typically play in preexisting world bases (like pokemon or other showes) unless it's really open (like d&d). That being said, I will try anything once- twice if its fun!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:22 pm 

Drowning in Homework right now...

Sounds great, I'm really in love with my plot for the magic in technology, which I think might fit with your tastes. If it doesn't though, I'm open to doing something else if you'd like.