All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Pokemon adventure
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:20 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Hey dudes. So I wanna do a Pokemon RP. It's a fun setting to play around with and a lot of people enjoy that kinda thing so here we are. That said, I have a super specific kind of structure in mind that I want to do. Plot and such I'm more flexible on, but the way it's all set up and handled and such is something I have pretty concretely in mind.

I guess the easiest way to explain it is that I'd want it to be a bit more similar to the anime than the games themselves? A bigger, more detailed world, opportunity for little subplots along the journey, more character to the gym leaders and such, and legendary Pokemon being truly legendary forces of nature and not just higher stat catchables. The action would be more action-y than picking 4 moves to use, and ideally, the Pokemon themselves would have character to them. Starting Pokemon don't need to be your typical starters, etc, etc. This said, the Pokemon shouldn't communicate by saying their own names. That's super silly.

Atmosphere wise, y'know, it's Pokemon. I don't want to shy away from some of the weirder/spookier parts of the setting (in fact I love that kinda 'look at this ****ing up factoid about this creature' aspect of the Pokedex in the games), but at the same time I don't want to play it up so much it turns into one of those bad edgy fanfictions and alternative art things that everyone thought was The Coolest ****™ back in like 2010. We can treat things more seriously without it going too far. Ideally, there would be a nice balance between serious situations with serious consequences and lighthearted adventuring.

I think I'd like to start off in Kanto and work our ways through the regions. Given generational growth and such, we could mix up distribution of Pokemon so we're not limited to Gen 1 only stuff until we actually start moving shop, and other game mechanics like Pokegear and Secret Bases and such could be utilized too. There's a lot of cool stuff we can do with this.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: A Pokemon adventure
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:53 pm 

Medals: 3
Best Group RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

you know me and my pikachu voiced by danny devito are in

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:13 am 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Medals: 1
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)

I'm in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:32 am 

eyy, senpai!

Right on! I think if we get at least one more person, I'll start putting together the OOC proper. No more than six of us though, I wanna keep this one a bit compact.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:46 am 

Hmm... Eh, what the heck. I'm in if you'll have me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:52 am 

eyy, senpai!

Ye

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:48 am 

Bored

Medals: 3
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

I'm also in if you'll allow me to be! I really love Pokemon!

Oh, you say that we can mix distribution of Generations, but do we have to start out with Gen 1 or can we have like 1 Pokemon from a different Gen, but if we have others they have to be from Gen 1? I was just wondering because I like some Pokemon from later Gens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:02 am 

eyy, senpai!

For sure, there's still space.

We do not have to start with G1 pokes and non-G1 pokes will be present in logical areas. Bugs in the forests, water types in the ocean, etc etc. Something that has very specific regional importance to it will probably be kept where it should be, but anything else is fair game as long as it's reasonable for a start from the bottom of the ladder.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:23 am 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Medals: 1

Question: Could a character start with a legendary pokémon that they inherited from a family member as long as it is not insainly strong like in the games?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:38 am 

eyy, senpai!

Oh heavens no. As stated up top, legendaries are gonna be big deals in the plot arcs to come.

As an aside, I'm working on putting together the OOC right now. Probably won't be too info heavy to begin with, since we know our stuff, but I'm all for expanding it with relevant stuff as we go on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:00 pm 

eyy, senpai!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=51024

We in there.