All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:53 pm 

Where do we go from here?

Blog: View Blog (1)

WELCOME!

Hello, fellow writers. I'd like to take a second and thank you for clicking on this interest thread. I've been working on this story idea for a while now and this is actually the idea for which I created my first male character. Thank you so much for considering this story and writing with me. You should know that, while I am using my characters to RP in this thread, they are to eventually be written into a grand story. I mostly wrote this bit to thank you for your interest and assure you that this is a RP and none of your characters would ever be used for my book or any other purpose. :)

Plot:
This story is about a company with hardly no name which exists with nearly no confines. It is headed up by five of the most powerful people in the world. The company hides behind the institutions we all take for granted. Corporations. Banks. Governments. National militaries. Police systems. Hospitals. Gas stations. They are everywhere and, to put it blankly, they are the true Illuminati. Before you picture men in black suits, I want you to picture a network of smart, hard-working individuals. Doctors. Scientists. College Professors. Businessmen. Engineers. They have formed the Illuminati, to create amazing constructs without inhibition. This is their world.

In the many facilities that the Company owns, there is a small psychological ward in Beijing, China. It has many residents but none of them are truly patients, though they are all treated like that. They are meta-humans, gifted with extraordinary powers. They live as wards of a private mental health institution. They are experimented on and used for new genetic experiments. This is also their story. The jobs they are put on to ensure the survival of the Company, their relations with the other experiments that they call family, and the intrigue and politics of their captors.

The experiments have a variety of powers, from level 1 to level 7 based upon their magnitude. Some can create matter or manipulate the fabric of our universe, while others can only shoot spikes out of their fingers. And after hundreds of years in captivity, they are ready to make their own world. This is chapter 1. Some will leave the Company and form gritty, real super power teams to defend the things they care for. Others will be tricked or goaded into a life in gilded chains with the Company. This will be the pre-lude to a great war. What side will you take?

More Depth For Board Members:
These people decide what will make them the most money and give them the most power. They are obssessed with population control, economic failures in various contries, global warming, and other things that threaten life on Earth. When they encounter problems such as polution in the water, an uprising in a country they don't want turning too volatile due to precious resources, or a variety of other global matters, they speak to their facilities in order to deploy members of the Company to help solve those issues. They choose when to terminate facilities and are working towards the goal of World Domination. For now, they remain in the shadows of government and wait until the world is so lazy that they will not notice the takeover. That is, they won't notice until it's much too late. !psychotic !snicker

More Depth For Minor Scientists:
These people are at the core of the Company. They live and operate as hidden agents everywhere in our world. They can be found everywhere you look, often with one or two easy to hide experiments that serve as their tools. These scientists choose how to deploy mutants to clear up polution issues, reduce populations, lower crime, and numerous other things that they are assigned to handle. When things go wrong, they often take the blame or shove the blame off onto one of their experiments. They can form good relations with those they have control over, but it is rare and they would often rather socialize with the other scientists that are in the field and working towards a better future. The scientists are normal people, working towards a better tomorrow. The only problem is the cost it will inflict on the slaves forced to create it.

More Depth For Experiments:
These are the slaves of one of the largest corporations on the planet. They have no rights, no way to say no/yes, and no concept of freedom. They are the true people on the front lines, serving the humans that created them. When not working in the field, they are kept in small, Company-owned, mental health facilities. They are given mixtures of drugs and sedatives to drain their will power. None have ever escaped their fate. While some may be given long leashes - as in the case of the experiment known as Scarlet, they are all deprived of freedom and free will. These are the ones tasked to use their powers for "the good of man". In reality, it is always for the good of the Company.

Setting!
This is set in our modern day world. At this stage, most of the board members hide behind politicians, national leaders, religious leaders, and other icons for the general populace. In 2016, the governmental system is turned into a puppet's stage with five people pulling the strings and determining what way the world will go.

The story, as the plot shows, will take place in numerous areas of our everyday world. Some mainstays will be the mental health facility in Beijing for our experiments, the Company's private offices in Japan for minor scientists to congregate, and the hidden station at the bottom of the ocean, code named Atlantis, for the Board Members. These will all be fleshed out in further detail when I make the OOC thread. :)

Cast:

Every good story needs a cast of delightful characters. Ours would be as follows:

The Board Of Directors:
(Each one may be given a name by the person that chooses them.)
1. A German Geneticist. - Head of the Science Division. - Male. - Taken. - FawnChaser. - Doctor Kesler.
2. American businessman and politician. - Head of Propaganda. - Male. - Taken. - Imperial Pandaa. - Guren Ixnyr.
3. Japanese Physicist. - Head of Nuclear and Weapons Division. - Female. - Taken. - Malikai. - Asoka Kiatowa.
4. Russian assassin. - Head of Intelligence and Secret Police. - Female. - Taken. - Missmusiclover.

Minor Scientists: Full Names.
(These are the ones that handle experiments and assign them to places to deal with conflicts ranging from wars to famines, in a manner that will serve the Company most.)
1. Taken. - Phillip Daniels Richardson. - Genetic Scientist. - (Not currently assigned to a specific experiment.) -FawnChaser.
2. Taken. - Unspecified. - Unspecified. - Unspecified. - Imani.
3. Taken. - Unspecified. - Unspecified. - Unspecified. - Imperial Pandaa.
4. Taken. - Unspecified. - Unspecified. - Unspecified. - Illegitimate Chimera.
5. Taken. - Unspecified. - Unspecified. - Unspecified. - Master Samurai.
6. Taken. - Micah Parker. - Unspecified. - Unspecified. - Malikai.

Experiments: They do not get full names, only nicknames or first names. Never both.
1. Taken. - Scarlet. - FawnChaser.
2. Taken. - Tris. - FawnChaser.
3. Taken - Erebus. - Imperial Pandaa.
4. Taken. - Blaze. - ShadowsVictor.
5. Taken. - Sapphire. - ShadowsVictor.
6. Taken. - Unspecified. - Illegitimate Chimera.
7. Taken. - Unspecified - Master Samurai.
8. Taken. - Unspecified. - Master Samurai.
9. Taken. - Unspecified. - Malikai.

NPCs:
(I choose how many. You may come and approach me always, if/when you need one for a plot.)
1. Raven. - Experiment.
2. Ace. - Experiment.

Rules!

Okay, this one's not as fun and peppy to write. It is essential though. So, here goes. :)

1. Grammar and spelling. This will be taken less seriously than in an Alpha thread and if you have concerns, feel free to PM me. I understand this can be difficult for some people so I promise I will be lenient and patient in this area.
2. No more than ten people may participate in this thread. If there are more that want to join, then it will come down to availability, character quality, and ability to plot.
3. Superpowers for the metahumans/experiments must be checked by me first. This is, for the most part, to prevent god modding and ensure some characters are more powerful than others.
4. If, within a grace period of two weeks, you have not answered, your character will be subject to possible termination.
5. Please use the rules and forms to start drafting. Don't post your character forms here, only ask questions or ask for a specific character.
6. If there are any questions, PM me in a respectful manner and I'll get back to you ASAP! :)
7. Have fun! XD. That's the big one, really. :)

Extra Rules:
(If you want to start drafting, look here. If not, don't worry about it yet. For rules 6 and 7, I request that you wait until we have more characters to choose from and backstory.)
1. All powers must be checked by me, via PM. If you don't do so, you will not be allowed to use the character.
2. You must ask me before taking a board member.
3. The Plot Ideas section is for plots you want that are public! If you want some super secret twist, PM me and we'll discuss it. ;)
4. Mutations are physical changes. (I.e. wings, scales, etc.) They are not powers and do not require my verification. If I see something that I don't like, I'll discuss it with you via chat.
5. Strengths and weaknesses may discuss mastery over your abilities/powers, but not the powers/abilities themselves.
6. If you are a minor scientist, then you will be assigned to an experiment. Do me a favor and request the one you want to be assigned to, in the requests piece.
7. If you are an experiment, you will be assigned to a minor scientist. Do me a favor and request the one you want to be assigned to, in the requests piece.

(Other rules will be added on the actual thread.)

Are you interested?

I hope I have at least caught a few people up on this thread. XD. if so, post any characters you might like, preferrably ones that aren't taken. I'll take a look at them and start adding you onto the team that will make this RP a reality.

For those that want to start drafting a character for the OOC:
| +
Name:
What are they? (Experiment, Minor Scientist, Board Member)
Appearance:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Mutations:
Powers:
Any Plot Ideas?
Other:

OOC THREAD HERE!

Last edited by FawnChaser on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:42 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Name: Erebus
What are they? Experiment
Appearance: Pale white skin, pure white hair, grey-purple iris, long hair, and no muscle mass or fat.
Personality: Will start extremely meek and unsure, eventually would grow more comfortable.
Strengths: His power is versatile if used correctly or efficiently, can be without contact without freaking out. Doesn't need eyes to see.
Weaknesses: His power is also sporadic depending on the time of day or surroundings. Afraid to speak mind, people skills are non existent.
Dislikes: Bright/harsh light, people (would change), and cruelty.
Mutations:N/A
Powers: Is able to manipulate shadows in any form he chooses: Crafting Shadow weapons (only usable by him), hiding, stabbing, holding other shadows (debatable) making shadow bodies.
Counter: Bright light focused to reduce shadows around him, or pitch black darkness.

Name: Guren Ixnyr
What are they? Board Member, Head of Propaganda
Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, short hair, strong chin, winning smile, 6 feet, and solidly built.
Personality: Cocky, like he knows the best move for anything.
Strengths: Really good decision making, popular with staff.
Weaknesses: Thinks he knows best and won't always take warnings seriously.
Dislikes: Losing money or control
Mutations:
Powers:

Any problems I will happily correct. Questions or concerns about one? Let me know. Also willing to play a minor scientist if need be.

How about The Great Tribes? Just started a feedback here.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:26 am 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Panda you evil genius you thought of pretty much what i did for your first character back to the drawing board for me. XD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 pm 

Would be nice if you played a minor scientist that we talked about earlier, yes. Ty. Nice to see more peoples. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:38 pm 

1st Year (1)

Name: Blaze

Appearance: Short spiky Red hair normal build of body light red eyes

Personality: very hot headed and quick to show it, very outgoing, ,verbal, confident, courageous

Strength's: natural leader, good decision making, quick to make everyone feel accepted,

Weaknesses: needs a lighter to make his powers work even slightly, weak when hes around his sister Sapphire, reckless when alone

Powers: can control fire, make fire balls, make a shield of fire, make fire take shapes (minion's) ,can make a blast radius made of flames that move via the ground.

Any Plot Ideas?not at the moment will PM if i get a idea

Other:

Name: Sapphire

Appearance: lapis lazuli Iris pale skin lapis lazuli hair thin body build

Personality: very quite, shy at first but (will open up later), hides behind her brother most of the time. Caring, very loving,

Strengths:natural tactician, very defensive powers, can draw water from any where if the air (humidity)

Weaknesses:weak when around her brother Blaze, not to open so she not trusted by the other experiments except her brother (will change aa she opens up more)

Dislikes: fire, socializing, loud noises

Mutations: none

Powers: control of water, can use the water to heal other people ,can make a shield of water to protect the group, can make water pin down enemies.

Any Plot Ideas? Same as blaze

Other:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:11 am 

Imperial Pandaa and ShadowsVictor, you have both been saved a spot for the actual RP/OOC threads. Invite more peoples please. :) As a side note, please ONLY tell me what spots you would like when posting here. Save your forms for later when I can get an OOC thread up. Thank you. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:24 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

Name: Rongorongo

What are they? Minor Scientist

Appearance: A somewhat tan skin tone that's quite clear is the first hallmark of Rongorongo that most people notice, though this is his natural color and he actually avoids getting too much sun for fear of burning. His face his kept clean-shaven, and his dark hair is drawn into a comfortable topknot toward the back of his head, which is kept in place with a tie. Many people remark that he looks much younger than he actually is, which he elects to take as a compliment because he feels that it means he takes good care of himself.

Personality: Completely idealistic in all things would define his personality well, considering that he originally joined the team in order to solve many of the problems that his people faced, which lead him to deploy mutants to work on them. A native of Easter Island, he is deeply concerned about issues like erosion and pollution. Mutants seemed like a great way to fix them.

Strengths: He's an athletic and fit individual who also has a great command of scientific study. He's a brilliant biologist who has had several major papers published by research journals. Since minor scientists are expected to have lives outside of the company, he has chosen to be merely looked at as a forgettable researcher whose work is only read in certain circles. It provides a nice cover.

Weaknesses: His idealism is butting heads with the company at this point, considering that he thinks of the Experiments now as completely human individuals and he doesn't want them mistreated. He's started to make quite a few enemies over his unpopular ideas.

Dislikes: Cruelty, neglect, pollution, oppression

Mutations: N/A

Powers: N/A

Counter: N/A as he is a regular human being

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:01 pm 

PLEASE no more forms. Write them you may. Post them here you may not.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:04 am 

Oh, I'm really sorry, I missed that and posted the form here at ShadowsVictor's previous request ^^;

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:58 pm 

Don't worry. It's just Eferhilda's been getting on my back to do OOC. But I'm not ready to do that yet. We don't have nearly enough people. XD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:07 am 

Oh I've run into that problem before myself where I chat too much in the Interest Check and get a little memo; I'll keep myself quite now sorry XD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:51 pm 

I would like an experiment and a scientist slot, if it's no too much trouble?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:46 am 

I would like to be the Russian Assassin and an experiment please :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:47 am 

1st Year (1)

Awe dam I didn't even see the assassin I'm so good at playing assassins XD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:48 am 

Well then I know who to go to if I need help :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:50 am 

1st Year (1)

Hahahah yes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:53 pm 

Shadows and Musiclover, please PM me with your ideas on the Russian assassin. I'll give it to the best one. Please do so within a week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:20 pm 

1st Year (1)

I can't play more then two characters at a time lol I'd get them all mixed up

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:10 am 

So does that mean I can have it or do you really want it Shadow?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:11 am 

1st Year (1)

You got this :P