All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:09 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I have an idea for a world of darkness RP, where our characters are the few remaining humans after an apocalyptic event in the world which has seemingly removed the light of the sun and reduced the earth to hardened ash. Our characters will have to build up a settlement and hunt dangerous Monsters that lurk in the darkness in order to survive the hostile world. While on the way our characters can discover more about the world and perhaps manage to piece the events which led up to the apocalypse.

Anyone interested or has any questions?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:31 am 

Blog: View Blog (6)

It sounds awesome Zenith! I'll be a litta bit busy over Christmas, but if you're up for hanging about for a little while or taking things slow until New Year, I'm totally up for it! Monster hunting meets a post-apoc setting, you aren't getting much cooler than that! =D What were you looking for in terms of a character?

Damn straight I'm good in bed! I could sleep for days! :3

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:25 am 
Savior

You've read that right! Monster Hunter in a post apocalyptic setting, where the Hunting is not for sport but for survival. As for characters, know that since the world is hostile towards Humans and the monsters are usually very strong, RPers are to know that there is a degree of chance their characters can die. Other than that I'd want to have all sorts of characters, they don't all have to play nice. Just nice enough not to get banished from the colony.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:43 am 

Haha suits me! I'm more than happy to kill off a character every now and then! Well I'll get plotting away quietly to myself in the background! Exciting stuff, kids! I'll be thread lurking! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:02 am 
Savior

Well, I need ideas for monsters. Make them as outlandish as possible and send them to me if you ever think up an idea for one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:19 am 

I'm in!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:21 am 

Sounds interesting. I'd like to join! However, after this message, I may be busy doing other things, so don't expect me to comment back right away! It'd be appreciated if you guys could wait, if I'm allowed to join, but if not, then that's alright. I sincerely apologize for this. If I do join, however... I need to decide which OC of mine to use e.e

Also, I don't always reply right away, so... If I become a part of this, please don't grow irritated with me because of that... >~<

DON'T JUDGE THE ASPARAGUS FOR WANTING TO GROW UP INTO A TREE

THE APOCALYPSE IS APPROACHING! *Hides behind a conveniently placed sofa and puts a large metal cooking pot on my head* O3O

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50697 *Places a finger to my lips* Do not disturb the little kiddies whilst resting... e.e
Or I shall CZCHKECHK you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:29 am 
Savior

Yes, you can join! I intend for this RP to be open for all. But uh, the use of an OC character is concerning since it is expected for the RPers to create multiple characters due to the deaths of others as the hunts are often very lethal. You can still go ahead and use the OC but be warned, for the sake of your own sanity and mine. The dice may not be in your favour.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:36 am 

Oh, trust me, I realize that completely. I'd be more than happy to use multiple OCs, since I have... Like, 13? xD
Also, I maaay need to change a few OCs minorly for the roleplay... Since most of my OCs aren't normal humans. I'll have to change that.

HOWEVER, I care not about that, as long as they still retain their personalities and everything. In fact, I've always enjoyed imaging my characters in different universes, different than how they usually are.

Enough rambling, however. The thing I'm most concerned about is not being able to reply straight away... Is... That alright with you? o.o

DON'T JUDGE THE ASPARAGUS FOR WANTING TO GROW UP INTO A TREE

THE APOCALYPSE IS APPROACHING! *Hides behind a conveniently placed sofa and puts a large metal cooking pot on my head* O3O

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50697 *Places a finger to my lips* Do not disturb the little kiddies whilst resting... e.e
Or I shall CZCHKECHK you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:43 am 
Savior

Well, once a week as regular posting sound enough? I don't want replies which are too fast either, as it can leave other RPers in the dust and leave them uninterested.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:45 am 

Greetings X3 So I may be new here, but I have been in a Rp sort of like this (Except no monsters ;3;) Is it alright if I join in? Also, the characters we use must be human correct? Sorry if I sound rather Dumb rn I'm just a bit curious.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:03 am 
Savior

Yes, all characters must be human. You can join, once the RP is actually out, of course. For now, I'm still working on the early parts of the RP and the dice mechanics.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:16 am 

I'll get my monster head on and daydream up some critters for us too! <3 Drawings may be imminent! Also I don't mind taking an RP at a slower pace, to be honest I ain't quick on the trigger either, it'll be nice to RP with fellow time-takers, Franny, less pressure ammarite? :P

EDIT: Are our monster mutations of original earth species or something more? Where doth they originate?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:34 am 
Savior

They are mutations. For a reference, the very first monster is a bladed viper and is considered to be "tamer" in terms of appearance. For example, this is a new idea me and Daemon came up for a monster: A colossal spider which places lights on its web to entice victims. It has long legs, but those legs are those of humans, eight of them. On the underbelly, there are too human arms, not as long as the legs to grab whoever is dumb or brave enough come close (our characters). Throw in a scorpion sting and we have our first monster.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:45 am 

Goddamn delicious sounding critter! Talk about being all limbs! :P Ahaha alright! We're talking proper, grade A, gold plated, spit-shone, award winning nasties, the darker the better! Leave it with me boss, Imma have a field day!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:46 pm 
Savior

Yeah, I really need a word to describe what I want the monsters to look like. Nightmarish is probably the closest to it.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:18 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Ok officially throwing my hat in here because I really like what you have been doing with it so far and I am interested in seeing where it all goes.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:14 am 

Allow me to make myself abundantly clear. I aim to misbehave.

1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

I'll join. I'll play around with my original character and make a human version of him. I might create one or two more characters just in case to increase the number of survivors.

Thanks,
Hunter Dracon

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:26 am 

Goddamn, we're attracting a sweeet cast of writers up in here! Zenith ya'll onto something special my friend! ;)

Also I've been researching pterosaurs lately and I already know a metric crap-ton about birds and their biology, I'm working on a flying nightmare for us!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:36 am 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I dont know if i have the time to join the RP but it definitely sounds interesting! I will keep an eye on it, and if you need more ideas about mutations and stuff im really up to donate some of my brainmatter for that. i love creating new evil dangerous clawy fluffy and scaly things :3

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

How to beat a Machine gun with a Laser sword. | +
(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +