All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mental Frames [1x1]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:27 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hello, I'm Lord Dragoon, or Drago if you prefer. I am looking for someone to do a 1x1 with. I'm honestly not used to putting up interest checks, so I apologize ahead of time for any mistakes I make.

The RP is set in 2044, with typical future tech. Including hyper-advanced methods of communication that could be considered the descendants of cellphones or tablets, hover-cars, and all that. The main thing, however, is a piece of tech called Mental Frames. A Mental Frame, or MF, is essentially a humanoid robot, built in the exact proportions of its owner with the addition of any sort of armor and the likes. Design-wise, think Megaman X-style Reploids or Xenosaga-style combat androids, except without artificial skin so where such things would be visible in either one, there is instead metal plates and armor. Artificial hair, clothing, and realistic-but-still-clearly-robotic eyes are also possible inclusions in their designs if the owner wants them. Most of the time, in regards to eyes, you'll see a visor in place of eyes, a single cycloptic eye, or any other manner of obviously robotic optics.
MFs are controlled by their users through the use of a microchip surgically implanted in the back of the neck, allowing them to control the robot as if it was their own body, hence the effort to make them to be as realistically proportioned as possible. There are armored pods nearly everywhere, in which the owner of a MF can lie down and then the machinery in the pod allows them to sync up to it. The uses of the Mental Frames are varied, and have grown since their innovation.
At first, they were created for military-use, a method to cut down on human casualties. Over the years, they made their way into use in law enforcement. And now they see use in the hands of civilians for two main purposes. The first is when they are barely equipped, given barely more then a stun-gun for self-defense purposes. These models are given to people who have lost the ability to move under their own power, essentially helping them regain their lost independence to a degree.
The other is for a fighting game, in which competitors use their combat-ready MFs to fight within enclosed arenas. As the only danger involved in the use of Mental Frames in combat displayed is a feeling of pain when significant damage is sustained, the thrill of combat has attracted many to this application of the technology.

So, yeah. Any takers?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace