All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1x1 Ideas
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:45 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hello, there!

I really want to get stuck into a good 1x1 RP. I have a quite a few ideas that have brewing in my mind for a while now and would be delighted if someone fancied taking me up on one of them!

Firstly, please note...

• Generally, I prefer to play with a single major (female) character and then like to introduce minor characters throughout the plot. This, however, is not fixed and I would be willing to adapt to determined partners who have an idea that interests me. I would like to play a female character and am therefore looking for male characters, to enable romantic possibilities. (I only play MxF romance scenarios)
  • The standard I'm currently looking to maintain is on the "high end of beta" and therefore reasonable spelling/grammar is a must, for me. I am not looking for posts that are pages long, but the more the substantial your posts are, the more material I have to reply to.
  • Creativity is another quality I value. I am more than happy to create the settings, etcetera, if that's what you would prefer but I would ideally like to write with someone who is willing to incorporate their own plot twists. I love being surprised - the more inventive, the better!

My Ideas...(Fandom-Based)
If you like any of the fandoms below and have your own original ideas, I would be more than happy to hear them! I'm open to virtually any AU ideas or plots incoporating OCs.

X-Men | +
We utilise the setting and/or character of the First Class or Days of Future Past movies. I would probably agree to any RP based on mutants and x-genes, ect, but I'd be particularly interested in either using Charles, Erik, Raven, Beast, Havok, Wolverine or Quicksilver as main characters.

Sherlock Holmes | +
I am willing to utilise ideas from either the film or the TV series.
From the film series, I'd be willing to play either Irene Adler or an OC, and you'd take on the role of Sherlock Holmes, Watson or an OC. Film-wise, there are many different mysteries from the books series (some of which I have read, some I have not) that we can incorporate into the plot. I could do with someone really willing to build an authentic Victorian setting and dramatic mystery with me in this one.
With the TV series, I would be willing to do a Sherlock x Molly/Irene Adler. Other ideas I have include you, playing Sherlock/Watson/Moriarty, encounter my character who is either some relation to Mrs Hudson (e.g. niece), a female detective, Molly or a friend/relation to Molly - where the characters don't initially get along, but are forced to work together for some reason or another.

Merlin | +
Knowledge of the lore isn't essential here; I'd like to place more focus on the medieval setting and the clandestine nature of magic. You could either take on the role of Merlin, King Arthur, your own suggestion or an OC, whilst I would play as either Gwen, Morgana or an OC. Initially, I have ideas for plots where;
-We are both sorcerers and aware of each other’s sorcerer’s name (e.g Merlin's sorcerer name is Emrys) but not in real life, where we dislike one another.
-One of us is royalty (King Arthur, e.g) whilst the other is a humble servant and we both possess magic, but the servant threatens to reveal the royal's secret…until they grow closer together.
-They meet as travellers, both suspicious of one another until they become friends, unaware that one of them is planning to assassinate the King and the other one is/related to the King.

Pirates of the Caribbean | +
As a Jack Sparrow fan, I’d love to do an RP involving him. Your character could be either Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, James Norrington, OC,etc and I would either take on Elizabeth Swan, Tia Dalma, Angelica, OC, etc. There are plenty of routes we could pursue in this fandom, so if you are interested, we’ll decided based on our mutual ideas and interest.
Alternatively, I would actually be interested in a young Davy Jones/Tia Dalma plot, taking place before Davy Jones became the Captain of the Flying Dutchman, where we could create our own scenario for how they ended up as they did.

Once Upon a Time | +
Basically – for those who don’t know the plot - our characters are fairytale being who have been cursed and now live in a modern American town with no recollection of who they really are. All we know is that we don’t leave the town. One day, a boy called Henry and a woman called Emma, comes into our lives for whatever reason and we suddenly begin to remember fragments of our former lives. Warning; I have only see the first season, for those who are big fans. I was thinking of basing this more on the concept of the show, rather than the characters (apart from Emma and Henry, who briefly make an appearance) so we would play an original interpretations of characters. Fairytale plots we could base it on include (but are not limited to); Little Red Riding Hood x The Wolf, The Swan Princess x Prince Derek, Cinderella x Prince Charming, Snow White x Prince Charming.

Harry Potter | +
Whoever embarks upon one of these with me, I would ideally prefer them to know a reasonable amount about the series just so we’re on the right wavelengths, when I’m mentioning Quidditch, The Daily Prophet, for example. I would be more interested in RPs involving either minor characters from the series (such Remus Lupin x Tonks) or from a different generation (such as Lily x Snape). Either that, or we event entirely new characters altogether and base it merely on the Harry Potter Universe (i.e. Diagon Alley, Hogwarts).

Shadow Hunters | +
I am willing to play with the characters/settings from either the Mortal Instruments (modern day) or the Infernal Devices (Victorian England), where either or both of our character could be any shadowhunter or downworlder. You therefore have a pretty wide scope on which character you could play – or, of course, you could create your OC. There are various plots that we could embark upon using this Universe, so if interested, we can discuss more in PM.

Jumper | +
This RP would be based on the 2008 sci-fi ‘Jumper’, where there exists a small group of people who have the ability to teleport. OCs here, though, methinks as I haven’t seen the film for a while and can’t remember the characters so I was more thinking of utilising the concept. Either or both of us could be Jumpers, on the run from their sworn annihilators. Or we can have a jumper x hunter dynamic.

My Original Ideas...
Feel free, if you like the premise of any of my original plots, to adapt them to your own ideas and characters. They are certainly not set in stone!

The Dream Thieves | +
Both our characters have the rare, hidden ability to control dreams and travel into the dreams of others (think Inception…) and have encountered one another in their dreams – albeit it, briefly. However, when a new criminal starts hijacking people’s dreams to influence important political figures, our characters are forced to meet in real life and team up to save their society, however they find that the other person they know from their dreams is very different in real life. As the situation becomes more serious, they somehow become trapped inside each other’s heads and are together forced to face their own deepest, darkest demons, in order to escape and confront the criminal.

Superhero Clash | +
Our characters are both superheroes – living double lives, as mundane, ordinary people by day and fantastical crime fighters at night – but it seems that their town only has room for one hero. They begin to compete for public affection, attempting to unmask and disgrace the other, unaware that they actually know each other in their ordinary life (are both friends and neighbours, in fact). Things eventually spiral out of control when a formidable foe takes advantage of their fighting to set his evil plan into motion, forcing them to put their differences aside in order to save their town…but can they really stop fighting for long enough to stop him?

Island Of Shadow | +
Our characters are business rivals on a plane, on their way to an important international conference when their plane, flying across the Pacific, goes down and lands in the sea. Our characters eventually find themselves washed up on a desert island (along with minor characters we can play) where they must learn to work together to survive. But strange, unnatural noises sound at night, seeming to come from the mountain that makes up the majority of the small island. They start seeing weird things and it seems that the island has a more sinister purpose that just to host wildlife…

The Dome | +
Admittedly, this takes some inspiration from the Gone series, by Michael Grant (and I think there’s a TV show called Under the Dome that is similiar…). Our characters both live in the same town, when suddenly everyone under the age of twenty vanishes and large ‘bubble-like’ force field appears over the town, meaning no one can go in or out. Our character have to find their way in this harsh, new world, attempting to solve the mystery of the Dome – and how to escape before the situation escalates.

The Exhibits | +
Our characters are both exhibits in a museum (yeah, yeah, so this idea comes from Night At The Museum) and they suddenly find themselves developing a conscience, becoming alive, as a new, mysterious Egyptian exhibit imported from Cairo, Egypt, gives life to all the display features as soon as the sun goes down. But a malicious exhibit locks our characters outside, and we must find a way of getting back into the museum before the sun comes up and turns us to dust…Along the way, one or both of us develop ideas of wanting to become more than a wax exhibit – they want to be human.

The Haunted | +
One of us plays a person moving into a new house, which, unbeknownst to them, is haunted by an angry spirit – the other one of us – who hates "alive" humans, considering they were murdered by one long ago. The person refuses to move and the ghost refuses to let them stay, so they fall into a stubborn stalemate scenario. Eventually, they get to know each other’s stories and the person offers to help the ghost move on…but is that what the ghost truly wants?

Secret Soldier | +
In a war – we can decide which one, together – we are put together in a team of soldiers, who are meant to be all men. However, unbeknownst to your character, my character is actually a woman in disguise with her own reasons for being there. We are eventually put on a mission together – to capture an enemy – and your character grows suspicious. However, your character may also be harbouring a secret of their own (what that is, is completely up to you).

A Stitch in Time | +
Our characters are just going about their daily lives when they blink and suddenly find themselves in a completely different era. Trapped together in a foreign time period, they must figure out what happened to them and figure out a way to get home before they end up editing history itself and disrupting the space-time continuum (that phrase felt like it had to be there). The eras I’m thinking of include, but are not limited, to Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome, Medieval, Victorian England, Vikings and WW1/2.

The Quest of the Epic | +
Set in a medieval, fantasy setting, this is basically a very open idea where our characters can be any fantasy creature (elves, dwarves, mages, hobbits, etc) and we must together embark on an epic quest for some coveted object. Not particularly original, but there is potential to make it into our own thing and you can’t beat a good, ol’ quest!

--------------------------------------------

EDIT: I currently have Sherlock & Harry Potter RPs on the go, so I'm not looking for partners for these fandoms.

Last edited by MsAddler11 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: 1x1 Ideas
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:04 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

Hm... I'm interested in the Sherlock rp. I usually don't play male characters, but I would absolutely love to try and be my favorite Cumberbatch character. :)

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:40 pm 

Hey @PrincessKyra!

Thanks for your interest! I've actually recently picked up a Sherlock RP on my other website, so I'd prefer to leave that one for the moment. If you would consider another theme, I would be happy to take you up on your offer; otherwise I'll alert you in future, if I need a Sherlock partner later down the line.

Thanks

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:28 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I am wanting to cut back on the amount of rp's I am in. Though, I must say you are not making it easy... XD
Seriously, even your Fandom Based seem like they could have been completely original had you not mentioned the fandom they are from.

I want to choose an rp that interests me the most... but it is kind of difficult considering I adore them all equally, originals and non-originals alike. Is there any you are really wanting to do above all else?

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)