All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tetrapolis: Renegade
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:03 pm 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Note: This RP follows an alternate universe timeline.

Our characters play as deserters of the Tetrapolis main army fighting in the South-West Asia, an army keen on creating world domination and outfitted with superior military technology. Our characters will have personalized Mechs, bipedal/quadpedal vehicles, and will have to deal with a new threat unknown to humans, along with war refugees and possibly the army itself. Our characters will be able to have unique supernatural/psychic/ESP abilities, similar to X-men, if you so wish. They will roam the region and come to weigh in on their choices: to return to the army for the greater good or fight against its goal of world dominance. There could be conflicts between player characters as their points of views on the conflict may differ.

If you have any questions, or suggestions, do ask! Backstory is included below for those interested!

Backstory | +
In the year 2011, the UN led a war consisting of coalition forces which invaded the city-nation of Tetrapolis after multiple warnings to cease human experimentation. At that point in time, Tetrapolis was the world's most technologically advanced nation in the world, holding technology at least twenty to thirty years more advanced than the world outside. It was artificially constructed off the coast of Japan as a joint operation for the UN to create a demilitarized zone in the 1900's which would hold individuals with supernatural abilities known as Espers. Along with Espers, Tetrapolis was meant to be a location where research could progress unhindered by the world's activities.

Things changed in the 1950s, when it was decided to turn Tetrapolis into a nation of its own after several attempts to free itself of UN control. The years passed and UN was supplied with technology from Tetrapolis. However, nations around the world began fearing the capacity of the city-nation, as it held superior technology and had a small army of Esper volunteers at its disposal. However, the fear of a nuclear retaliation was enough to hold most of the incidents at bay.

Fast forward back to 2011, at this point, Tetrapolis's latest research fiasco involved the research of a virus which altered the way Esper's powers manifested. Alarmed, the UN called for Tetrapolis to cease its research and reveal its research documents. These demands went unanswered. Near the end of 2011, the UN performed an invasion to seize control of the many research facilities and hold the various responsible organizations and government into account. Unfortunately, Tetrapolis had been hiding its true military capacity rather well over the years, revealing that the city's foundations supported it enough to not only fend off an attack with relative ease, but also contain not a nuclear weapon, but several virulent warheads. Spearheading its defense was the use of M-class vehicles or Mechs: Highly advanced all-terrain, bipedal/quadpedal, armored vehicles which possessed the firepower to rival a heavy navy cruiser. Shortly after the warheads landed on Christmas Eve, Tetrapolis launched its counter attack.

Last edited by 2.2zenith on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Tetrapolis: Renegade
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:56 am 
Savior

Still looking for interested parties.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:06 am 
Savior

Updated post to be less chunky.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:45 am 
Savior

Still looking for RPers!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:11 pm 
Savior

Still looking for RPers!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:49 pm 

Currently I seek a partner for a RPG, so maybe I will join to your project? Of course only if you want it. Your idea sounds interesting, personally I had a RPG with the elements of army and genetic experiments on Omega forum, but because of the lack of interest it was deleted.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:31 pm 
Savior

Sure you can join, there are no restrictions on the RPers I'm accepting, so long as they follow the forum's standards.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:03 pm 

Okay I will join.
I have a few questions.
1. How many participants do you need to start this game?
2. What will we do in this RPG? What is the main target of this travel?
3. Will we be able to add our own ideas to the main thread of events?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:40 pm 
Savior

1. 3 minimum. I'd be happy with 4-5
2. Assist refugees, deal with threats from the main army and the new threat created by recent actions. The end goal would be for them to join up with the remnants of the UN coalition force and attempt to repel and steal Tetrapolis's technology from a city.
3. You can add your own ideas so long as they do not contradict the setting and the main events. Checking up with me will help smooth that out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:36 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

This seems pretty cool. I would be up for it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:55 am 
Savior

Aww yeah. Do note that the original idea for this would kinda be Armored Core meets God Eater/Monster Hunter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:40 am 

Absolutely accidently I found your old thread about Tetrapolis from 2011 yr. I read just a few first posts and I am confused. Do you want to make something like a continuation, 2.2zenith?
I mean this topic: http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?t=4245.
Maybe we will mark this RPG as a "Season 2"? :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:54 am 
Savior

This is set in the same universe, set a few years after the events of the original RP. The RP you found was actually supposed to be arc one of four for the original series, arc two failed and I completed the general story in my head after that.

The main difference between this RP and the original would be that the original was more of a slice-of-life in this futuristic with characters with superpowers but nearing the end of the series, things turned bad and fired off a series of events detailed in two RPs: Apocalypse Christmas and Renegade.

While Apocalypse Christmas focused on the characters within the main army and their missions to crush resistance, Renegade is about those who are conflicted with the main army's actions and decide to find a way to cool off.

There is another which occurs after this, but since it failed so badly, I have decided against keeping it in the timeline and will redo it instead.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:30 am 
Savior

Working on the OOC.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:47 am 
Savior

OOC is up!