All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:32 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The City of Unity (OOC)

Son.. Let me tell ya a story, before I go... Yes, it's true. I swear it on my life.

"In an ancient age long ago, the Sun died. How, is impossible to say. Some say it was the consequence of forbidden science. Other tales claim it was the wrath of the gods themselves which smote it from the heavens. Whatever the cause, the Time of Light ended, and the long night and winter of the Fimbulvetr began.

"It was only through sheer technological might, the atmosphere-warming Sky Furnaces desperately launched into the skies after the Sun's death, that the planet was kept from plummeting to the temperature of cold, sunless space. The world transformed into a grim, frostbitten wasteland known as the Nightlands, haunted by horrific aberrations and monstrous things awoken by the coming of the forever Night. Surviving populations crowded into the last great fortress cities, the Colonies, where civilization continued... In a sense. As the world grew ever colder, so did the relationships between different races. Primal survival instincts which, in the Time of Light, had no place in society began to stir after ages of slumber.

"In time, the concern for preserving the survival of one's own people regardless of the cost on other species slowly took hold over society. A powerful feline house ruling one Colony would accuse a neighboring rodent enclave of violating a resource-sharing treaty, eventually leading to war. Working class canines in the same Colony would blame food shortages on the ruling felines and carry out a genocidal revolt, while reptiles in yet another would be exiled to their doom in the Nightlands by the ruling mammals. Yet in all scenarios, hybrids would by far receive the most persecution, being seen by each side as impure abominations — the shameful, aberrant fruit of inter-species procreation.

"In time, the Species Wars, as they would later be known as, led to the destruction of civilization... With one exception, where we are now. Einheit City, The City of Unity.

"The world of scientific advancement has grown, and this time the hybrids have begun to take power. Purebred gangs run rampant and the military is ruthless in their attempt to stop them. What about you? What have you become? A peaceful citizen by day, a thief by night? A soldier in the militia, only to turn against his own for money offered by the gangs that run deep in the city? You are playing a role in deciding the fate of the world. A dark power not seen since the Species Wars has risen. The Sky Furnaces have started to grow dim. The civilization as it is known will soon change forever.

"It is here the tale of the world's end will be told. What part will you play?"

Last edited by SKay on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:02 am 

Sounds interesting to say the least. Post-apoc sort of deal, how futuristic are we talking in terms of technological advancement?

"I do what I am meant to do, divide and conquer with the intensity of an earthquake"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:16 pm 

I'd say around 2250. Technological advancement only continued on a small scale with a military basis. It wasn't until very recently in this time frame that civil advancements were made.

Armor and weapons are greatly advanced, think laser and plasma weapons for the military, and perhaps gangs. Average people will still use firearms, occasionally with expensive, disposable laser or plasma cartridges. Military armor absorbs lasers, can take hits from plasma but will be damaged severely, and almost completely halts bullets. They are not invincible, as the average soldier's armor doesn't cover their face, interior arms, back of their legs, lower abdomen or neck. Gangs wear little to no armor. Militia use stolen pieces of military armor, but only commanders reach the protection level offered by a full suit. Citizens may piece together armor with various levels of protection.

As for civil advancements, use your imagination. Things were created upon necessity. Vehicles that ran without fossil fuels, using hydrogen or manpower as an alternative fuel. Lights that glow without electricity, or used hand-cranks and rechargeable batteries to operate.

Realize that Einheit is still mostly considered safe, also, definitely safer than outside the walls. Hybrids can still live peacefully with purebreds. Another Species War is approaching, but not yet upon them. Citizens are likely to deny it until they are forced to realize it. Hybrids who have purebred friends or family will generally oppose the all-hybrid takeover. Military is already mixed, but there is already a purebred discrimination. Life continues as normally as possible. If a person was seen walking about with a firearm, they would be arrested. The setting revolves around Einheit City under the rule of The Ministry, a totalitarian eugenicist military government which declared that cross-species hybridization was the next step in evolution, and that hybrids were genetically superior to purebreds. That declaration hasn't happened yet, and will spark the Species War.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

I like this idea. I'm in.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:39 pm 

Sounds great. Count me in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:42 am 

Count me in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:34 pm 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)

Are yous till looking for players?

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:33 pm 

Yes, we will always be accepting players. Just use the link to the OOC at the top of this forum, post your character sheet, and Voila! You're in! :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:36 pm 

**BEGIN BROADCAST**
Anchor 1:
Welcome to Einheit City Public Radio, thank you for joining us today. We have some important news for you today, so be sure to stick with us for the next few minutes.

PRZ NEWS PRESENTER 2:
A dozen Unity Guardsmen in armored Patrol Vehicles were involved in a firefight last week. The exact reasons are unknown, but it is believed to be the result of gang activity in the region. Guard Officials refused comment on the incident.

Multiple buildings have been damaged and at least fifteen were found dead, including a construction worker who was killed prior to the incident. No Guardsmen were injured.

City officials expect the damaged infrastructure will take months to repair, and it may be up to a year before repair work will continue on the nearby perimeter wall.

ANCHOR 1:
We’ll be right back with more news after these reminders.

ANCHOR 2:
It is now Zero Nine Twenty Two, Fifth Day.
------------------------------------------------------
INFOMERCIAL

KID:
Mommy, can we live outside of our City?
MOM:
Of course not, sweetie. Who would want to do that?
KID:
Why do people break the laws then? Do they not want us to be safe?
MOM:
I don’t know, but you’ll just have to do what you’re supposed to. That way we can all be sure that we’re safe inside our great City of Unity.
KID:
Okay Mommy.

Put an end to Domestic Dissent.
A friendly reminder from the Unity Guardsmen and ECPR.
------------------------------------------------------
ANCHOR 1:
Now we’re back. You’re listening to ECPR, and the time is Zero Nine Twenty Seven.

ANCHOR 2:
Mustelids get the blame as a fire sweeps across the western perimeter wall. Over One Hundred and Forty homes have been destroyed, many more have been damaged.

NEWS PRESENTER 2:
A fire that destroyed One Hundred and Forty homes , damaged hundreds more, and severely damaged the western perimeter wall, is believed to be caused by a chemical explosion at a Mustelid Gang drug making operation. The blaze has left an estimated Three Hundred and Fifty families homeless. No deaths have been reported at this time, however the fire continues to ravage the city despite the Guardsmen’s best efforts to stop it. Damage is currently estimated at just under one million silvers.

This has been ECPR, news.
ANCHOR 1:
The Einheit government released a statement concerning the Purebred gangs and their menace to our Unity. It has generated much controversy, in that it not only condemns the hostile purebred gangs, but seems to also be targeting the race of Purebreds themselves.

NEWS PRESENTER 4:
A City of Unity official, Councilman Jason Anderson made a statement last Friday, that “.. the Purebred menace must be eradicated at all costs.” We contacted that official earlier today, to question their stance, which seemed to dead-eye the Purebred race in general, not only the gangs which are the true threat. He assured us in an email that “..the statement was accurate, and reflected the feelings of many [government officials] that make up the Council.”

ANCHOR 2:
In sports, Julio Gonzalez reigned the mat over his competition in the latest Underground MMA matchup.
NEWS PRESENTER 5:
Julio Gonzalez celebrated a Seven-One-Zero Win-Loss-Draw ratio in the latest matchup, pushing him into the City-Wide Competitional Matchups.

According to Gonzalez’ head coach Nash Racela, the wins are due in large part to Gonzalez’ competitive spirit and will to be the best. Gonzalez himself states he competes for his Great City of Unity, and thanks the City for their support.

ANCHOR 1:
This has been ECPR, and it is Zero--
What are you talking about? That’s ridiculous.
Are you serious? Really? Well… I, uhm…
ANCHOR 2:
We’ve just received news that Councilman Anderson has been assassinated. The government has already released a statement declaring the murder the work of “Purebred Anarchist Factions”, and that they will--
ANCHOR 1:
Enough! I will not sit here and read this nonsense any further! THe government has pushed us to the brink of chaos, and I will not stand to-- Uff! What are-- AHHggh!

**A COMMOTION, AND GURGLING YELL IS HEARD, MUFFLED. THERE IS A MOMENT OF RUSTLING IN THE BACKGROUND**

ANCHOR 2:
Ahem.. The government has declared the murder was committed by Purebreds, and that they will not halt until justice is found.

See you again next time for another session of
ECPR News. Thank you.

**END BROADCAST**