All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:21 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Long long ago when I was about 12 my best friend and I started a rpg forum called Serien which has long since disappeared into the void. The point is, it was super fun, and since then I've fleshed out the world even more and I'd really like to rp it again and share it with some of you cool cats.

The very basics:

Three kingdoms, Irion, Olyn, and Loren.
Three rulers, ranging from bad to bad-bad-death-bad.
Human, Elves, Nymphs, Trolls, and mixes of the preceding.
An active rebellion.
Refugees, human trafficking (which doesn't need to be a part of the rp if anyone is bothered by discussion of that), underground printing presses...

Just about every kind of character is available, from super high nobles (or even a terrible king/dictator if you're prepared to take that on) to members of the military, merchants, street urchins, rebels... Seriously you have a lot of options.

So what do y'all think? I didn't want to load this post down with history and geography but I'm happy to tell you more if you have any interest!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:02 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Sounds like a good idea, really. I would like to hear more in greater detail.

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:02 pm 

Well, many years ago an old dynasty ruled all three kingdoms. By 'many years' I mean probably 20 years. By 'old' I mean probably 200 years. That was The Dailon Dynasty. Olyn and Irion were under the rule of Loren, which was then called Dailon. A rebellion of farmers and landless workers overthrew the Dailon Dynasty in Dailon, causing the Dynasty's collapse across its territory as smaller, less organized rebellions followed. The rebellion in Dailon, though led by an organizer planning democracy, was soon hijacked by a man calling himself Lorsoul. His magic was powerful, and his use of it brutal. Under the guise of a people's rebellion he took crushing control. Dailon was renamed Loren purely out of narcissism. Lorsoul installed an ally as the ruler of Irion, and essentially rules what is generally referred to as an independent kingdom. In Olyn, the man who really just carried out orders for the Dailons before clawed his way to power as 'king' of Olyn. Technology is medieval, the highest tech thing around is a Gutenberg-esque printing press. Magic is around, but not really part of everyday life. It is used largely for major protection spells, though it can be used in battle and to heal. I'm going to focus on loren because I'd like to set the RP there.

Loren is the least chaotic and most oppressive kingdom. Thus, the largest and most extreme resistance is in the forests of Loren. There the Red Leopards plot to tear down Lorsoul. Enemies of Loren go to one of two places. One is the mines North of Loren. There, political prisoners from Loren and Irion toil for a couple years before being released. The second is the Citadel dungeons. People don't leave there. That's where Red Leopards go, and as such they make a big effort not to get caught. They all wear lockets full of poison in case of such an occasion. As to those minor political prisoners, they are mostly everyday people who let a derisive word about their government slip. Somewhere someone has a prohibited printing press and prints a dissident newspaper, the liberated pen. Curfew is 9 PM to 5 AM. The slave trade is state sanctioned, against the original intent of the rebellion Lorsoul co-opted. No laws govern the treatment of slaves, many of whom have been kidnapped from the Southern Desert. The Red Leopards also target this establishment.

Ask me any and all other questions you have, I'm very excited about this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:30 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

This seems interesting. I'll join in on this!

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:41 pm 

Yay! I'll make an OOC thread very soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:43 pm 

Yeah, count me in on this one, Soz! Been curious about it long enough, if nothing else.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:51 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

I might actually make an Elven princess character and make her a kidnapped slave. Would there be any problems with that? I don't mind alerting it at all if need be. :)

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:54 pm 

That would be awesome, and would work perfectly if you wanted her to be a Dailon.

And hi, xenocartographer (I need a better nickname for you!) awesome to have you too!

The OOC thread is being created presently and I'll let you lovely people know when it's ready.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:02 am 

Ok! Serien has an OOC thread. See you there!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45907

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:30 am 

Sounds awesome

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:42 am 

Join us!