All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:59 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Okay,

Wish me luck,

Here we go:

Hi.

I need some interest which will then be turned into help, then into labor, then brought to fruition, and then happiness through role play. We abandoned the underpants gnome model in favor of production. Yay.

This is the tl;dr approach, I'll follow up with more in response to.. er, responses. Yeah.

1) World is Earth-ish: several thousand years after an "Event" wipes most of history clear.
2) Said event reintroduces fantastic and high-fantasy (but not strictly canonical) creatures back into the world.
3) Myth and Man battle it out. Rawr
4) Man doesn't do so hot, humanity splinters, highest intelligence vie for "top" species.
5) Enter story. Results of the "Event" have reintroduced an environmental-manipulative ability in man-kind (think Airbender but less copy-right infringy)
6) Play out the destruction or rise of species in this cracked environment.
7) Steam-punkish technology: not strictly victorianesque, but retains the analog charm
8) Weird creatures as a result of rapid evolution due to the "Event" ... applicable religion, even zodiac and month because I'm obsessive.

So, yeah.... If there's interest, I'm happy to elaborate. If not, well, I guess I'll revise and retry.

Thanks so much

~ sylince

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:05 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

I am interested in hearing more about the idea definitely. And I have shared the rp information to our facebook group page to help spread the word.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:46 pm 

Alright!

Follow up, then:

The world would operate under tight restrictions:

- Concerning technology: Nothing digital has been in existence since the "Event". In fact, the Event caused the immediate ceasing of all digital technology and, ultimately, the downfall of mankind and the rise of other creatures. Significant because it was man's ingenuity and control of his environment that ultimately subdued the "creatures of legend" as it were, stripped of his machines, he is struggling.

- Concerning "magic": and I really hate calling it that. I like the term "Smith" as in ... an Iron Smith or a Black Smith is someone who creates something from something else, since these people and creatures are creating events with the environment around them, I like this term. Since the general force and Will of the universe is referred to as Mana (I tried "Will" but sound it out and you'll see why I dropped it) I've opted for Mana Smith... it makes me feel good to say. In a world where the very fabric of existence is contorted with a strong enough will, what's the reality for the geography, the fauna, the flora, and society?

Concerning society: It's breaking down. You have to think that mankind has hints of its roots thousands of years ago, but it's clear that he's not "top" dog. So how does he react? With empirical tyranny? By returning to feudalism and reliving history? By interbreeding and hoping for peace? These are great questions to explore in this world.

- Concerning Races: THIS was the second most fun thing to think about. With the whole wide Mythos of human-history past, there's literally a case for any creature that has ever existed in the written imagination of history. While that unlimited potential is incredible, without limits, there's no way to really flex and be impressing, so, I've narrowed the "species" list down considerably, though it's still rather lengthy. But the road is paved for all manner of fantastic beasts and creatures, and there are even instances of the "Event" having force-fed evolution into biomes - that coupled with "mana" experimenting to create new species and the like. It really makes for an alchemical niche sans the science.

I'm not ashamed to admit I have a written "history" of the world, several lightly detailed maps, and pages and pages of notes on calendars, zodiacs, creatures, and the phenomenon of Mana Smithing.

So yeah, there's that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:13 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

You have peaked my interest and I will be keeping an eye on this as well as help develop it if you need or want it, the help that is. I have a story I have been working on that is very similar to how this is set up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:16 pm 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Funniest Member (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)

Yup I'd like to hear more

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:58 am 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)

*watches development with intrest*

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:15 pm 

Alright! Interest!

Well, I'm going to need some people who are interested to help me out. Maybe I can dole out some responsibilities? Or you can offer some sensible direction. I cannot promise to take it, but I'll consider anything anyone says.

I need a good solid story line - something worth playing through. Here's the setting the stories can take place in: 1) There's a Human Empire attempting to consolidate all of mankind into one unit with the goal of creating a serious military force. This is under the guise of a dual-god religion system and that the Empire is a prophetic body destined to restore humanity to its "rightful" place. 2) There are outcrops of humanity that live peacefully by the "Old Sceince" or in tune with Mana and Mana-Smithing. This is in direct opposition to the Empire who actively seeks out men and women who display the ability to Smith. What they do with them is a mystery to the general public. These outcrops walk a narrow line as they often house and support non-human High Order Creatures such as Elves, Dwarfs, Avians, Serpentiles, etc... 3) There is a High-Order Council attempting to make peace and redirect the efforts of the Empire and a sinister High-order terrorist organization bent on the destruction of Humanity, period. (think the United Nations, but with military might). 4) There are innumerable camps of all manner of creatures that have a part in the shaping of the world.

The ultimate story is one of balance; will there be balance in the world; can there be balance in a world, or is power something that must belong to one ruling people; will the Earth reclaim what its produced and ultimately destroy its mistakes and creatures?

One of the main arcs I've decided I want is the birth of one "Elfson" who may be male or female and is the first person born into a tribe with ability to Smith ALL known elements. This is incredibly rare, but can happen. This person would go through a series of smaller stories including a great desire to be a part of the Imperial Guard, a disillusionment after witnessing the general atrocities of said Empire, a false allegiance with the Terrorist Organization bent on destroying Man (being tricked that it's to destroy just the Empire) and eventually redemption? Maybe no ... the whole point would be that this person's story has many, many routes, but there's still an end game.

There's so much to explore! So, help there would be ... er helpful. As of now, this is the "species" short list of playable peoples. Possibly. Probably not.

Humans. Stock.
Elves. Descendants of plants.
Dwarfs. They eat rocks.
Gnomes. Like Dwarfs, live in trees.
Avians. Bird People.
Serpentiles. Snake People.
Halfmen - Anything half human-half whatever else
Goblins - Dwarf-Human hybrid with stone-like black skin. (not racist)
Amphians - Creature from the black-lagoon, but more attractive
Sapiens - High intelligence apes, result of thousands-year old mistake
Hags - Human-like trolls of high intelligence
Golems - created by Mana Smiths. Can be high intelligence.

and the list goes on a bit, but I'd need help sorting it through and really fleshing them. Possibly some art?

Okay, so, that's it this time.

Thanks.

~ sylince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:30 pm 

Interested and have an idea for a character already.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:05 pm 

Okay! Interest seems apparent, so here's the definitive next step: an introductory story! I'll need players for this and it will be VERY limited, be warned! The idea would be to explore the framework and make sure it's enjoyable, worthwhile, and ultimately expandable. I've PM'd a couple of could be helpers and will deliver when we've come to some decisions, I will then post a character template and we'll let all hell break loose, I suppose.

I'm so excited! PM me with any good ideas or questions, or if you're interested in helping us develop an introductory.

Okay.
Awesome, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:01 pm 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)

Count me in. I definitely want to see where this goes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:44 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Just reaffirming my interest in this.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:06 pm 

Same here. Patiently waiting,

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:22 pm 

This sounds like it could be amazing. I've had a similar idea that I've been trying to work into a novel for the last couple of years. I'd love to be a part of this. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the finished product :) And if you're still needing help for anything, I'd be glad to lend a hand.