All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:18 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

This is a remake of the original Autumn of Bending, an RP which is set in the Last Airbender universe, but takes place in the future, post modern, where cybernetics and the digital age is well on its way. As suggested by the title, there will be a lack of the Avatar's central role, and even if the Avatar did make an appearance, he/she will be a side character.

In this world, the Equalists have come into power, within corporations, government parties, and the like. Governments seek to control or restrain beings known as Benders, humans with the ability to bend the elements, weaponized beings who can harm others even without a weapon. In this age, technology has progressed to grant the gift of cybernetics, a piece which the Equalists promote to be the next step to true equality.

Post below if you're interested in this idea or have questions or even wish to discuss with me further about this post-modern society.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:21 am 

slinking back in

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Mega Poster (1)

Raises hand

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:52 am 

Blog: View Blog (3)

I'm joining!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:23 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Same! Kinda sad about the plasma benders, though, but as long as air is a possibility, I'm game!

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:00 pm 

Interested.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:38 am 
Savior

For now I don't have much of a clue as to what brings our characters together. For those unfamiliar of the original setting, our character played as neobenders, but since they are not appearing in this version of the remake, we cannot have them thrown into a prison.

I was thinking maybe a bunch of weapon dealers? Or they trade something illegal? Something that would make the government want to hunt them down.

Or maybe acting as a hired gun on a corporation's behalf. Ideas please, ideas please.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:34 am 

slinking back in

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Mega Poster (1)

There is always the rebellion idea, which could integrate either hired hands or just benders just stealing and making chaos ( guerilla warfare).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:05 pm 

I'd like to know a bit more about 'cybernetics'. Depending on the nature of it, it sounds like something that (extremist) Benders could consider worth sabotaging to keep the non-benders down.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:33 pm 

Blog: View Blog (3)

Smugglers and criminals. Arms dealers. Deranged human experiments from half-legal research on bending. Guerrilla warfare as Sissy mentioned. Extremists and protesters against the government. Really, the possibilities are endless.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:24 am 
Savior

@Fearless, an excerpt from the WIP OOC
Cybernetic Augments
The total number of cybernetic points may not exceed 10 if your character is to stay within legal limits. However, if your character is in a military force of sorts, his points may go up to 20.

If you have ideas for a type of aug, or wish to discuss in in further detail, PM me!

Head/Wetware
Cyber-Neural Interface: 0 points; installed by default if there are other head/wetware augments
Network Chip: 2 points; Grants neural access to an internet terminal. Personal internet terminal sold separately
Retinal Prosthesis: 1 point for each eye; grants perfect vision, eye colors can be chosen and changed at will. Cosmetic kits not included
Retinal Upgrade (Thermovision): 1 point; grants the option of thermal vision
Retinal Upgrade (Cam): 1 point; allows the user to record videos from his implant, stored in a private cloud bank service of his choice
Chest/Torso/Back
Rebreather Implant: 3 points; allows the user to take in more oxygen into their lungs, the perfect choice for athletic personalities!
Limbs
Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis: 2 points for one, 3 points for both; Grants additional strength
Cybernetic Arm Prosthesis: 2 points for one, 3 points for both; Grants additional strength and dexterity
Cybernetic Hand Prosthesis: 0 points if arm is already cybernetic, 2 points for each; Grants additional dexterity and gripping strength
Misc
Skin Plating: 0 points; makes your augments look more human!; Prerequisites: Any external augmentation.
Dermal Plating: 4 points; increases your augments to military grade durability; Prerequisites: Any external augmentation.
Bone Carbon Lacing: 5 points; greatly increases bones’ integrity and and tensile strength.

As for the plot, I guess I still have to think about it more. I need a location for our characters to get together and have a common cause if possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:07 am 

Looks awesome and interesting, Zen! However, I may have to back out early of this one. No worries, I'm sure many others will come by c:

Good luck and happy writing!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:39 am 
Savior

Oh well, I guess we'll just roll with it. Finishing up the OOC now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:50 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

A while back I was discussing an idea with a friend of mine where the future of the world laid down in Avatar went on and on until a point was reached where it resembled more of a mecha story than the original fantasy one. I might have a few ideas left over from that concept as far as character design goes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:57 am 
Savior

The OOC is up!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:40 pm 
Savior

Just a reminder, the OOC is up.