All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:09 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

From Greek ὄνειρον: oneiron, "dream"

Dream Dwellers, sentient creatures which live in the dreams of Humans. They come in all shapes and sizes and are thus hard to describe the race in great detail. They however, will appear to be rather outlandish, their outfits strange, though this advice is not nearly the best to notice them. Their hosts usually do not suspect a thing initially unless the Dweller decides to reveal itself to their host. As time passes, the Dweller may choose to "consume" the Human's dream which in turn will grant them full access to their Host's bodily controls and cause the Host's consciousness to fall into a permanent state of unconsciousness unless the Host decides to cease using the body for the time being.

One of the early symptoms that a Dweller has taken you as its host would be frequent lucid dreaming. Another sign would be that your dreams are often in the same place.

The first symptom, lucid dreaming occurs when a Dweller comes into close proximity to the Host's consciousness. This radius varies a bit, depending on how strong the Dweller is.

The second symptom, the dream location, referred to either a Dream World or a Nightmare, is caused when the Dweller enters its host. When the Dweller first enters its host, the dream of the host would be erased and changed to suit the Dweller; Think of it as the Dweller making themselves comfortable. All Dwellers will do this without fail regardless if they wish to alert their host of their presence or not.

A common later symptom is sudden lapses in memory as the Dweller gains strength to use the body in short spurts. This itself is not detrimental in any way.

Not all Dream Dwellers are malicious though. Some immediately seek out their host and negotiate a pact with their Host, which makes it easier to control the body to deal with other Hosts.

This is the idea I had, perhaps if you are interested or have any questions, do feel free to ask!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:27 am 

I'm Back in Black...No games this time Y'all!

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

So interested...Just had a few questions however o.o When the Dweller takes over the Hosts body for a short amount of time...or whatever..Does that what a "Host" would call a Night Terror? And how would this be played out exactly?

More Info | +
Availability: I am free most days, I am usually on at night ummm, Central Time. I stay up from anywhere between 10pm to 2am, it really depends as I am a single mother and like everyone has RL that tends to creep upon me.

Styles: My normal style is two to multiple paragraphs, I prefer third person when typing. I am willing to work with those who are new to the RP world or who wish to better their ideas, or collaborate for more detailed story ideas.

OVERALL: I just wanna have fun, make cool stories with y'all, just remember that I have a life too, and if I forget about something, or our RP then go ahead and send me a PM. I don't bite I swear! I'm a nice cuddly person :3

Yes, I do dabble in graphics, yes the signature picture, and my Avatar was created by me, I will do stuff upon request, and if you'd like to check out more of my work check out my instagram @ Squeeze_D_Lemons :3

"The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground...and miss" -Douglas Adams
"Why is a Raven like a writing Desk?" -Madd Hatter

Does not the Raven Sing?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:34 am 
Savior

When the Host is taken over by the Dweller in a forceful manner, the Host's consciousness usually falls into an unconscious state.

However, if the Host relieves control of its body or is non-human, the Human will enter the Dream World while the Dweller begins to control and will know what is going on.

Not sure if this fully answers your question. You should keep asking if I did not answer it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:41 am 

I'm Back in Black...No games this time Y'all!

Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Kind of? Now with the Dweller's and hosts, are you going to attempt to even out numbers if a lot of people wish to play as dwellers? Or are you going to set it up much like ToB where you asked if people could play as two characters?

More Info | +
Availability: I am free most days, I am usually on at night ummm, Central Time. I stay up from anywhere between 10pm to 2am, it really depends as I am a single mother and like everyone has RL that tends to creep upon me.

Styles: My normal style is two to multiple paragraphs, I prefer third person when typing. I am willing to work with those who are new to the RP world or who wish to better their ideas, or collaborate for more detailed story ideas.

OVERALL: I just wanna have fun, make cool stories with y'all, just remember that I have a life too, and if I forget about something, or our RP then go ahead and send me a PM. I don't bite I swear! I'm a nice cuddly person :3

Yes, I do dabble in graphics, yes the signature picture, and my Avatar was created by me, I will do stuff upon request, and if you'd like to check out more of my work check out my instagram @ Squeeze_D_Lemons :3

"The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground...and miss" -Douglas Adams
"Why is a Raven like a writing Desk?" -Madd Hatter

Does not the Raven Sing?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:49 am 
Savior

I will and most likely, the optimal unit of characters people will play is one human and one dweller. Considering only the combat focused parts of the RP will be mainly about the Dwellers, there is plenty more of the humans to do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:07 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

This is the idea you talked about in chat, yes?

Aside from that I am in!

Complete Guide to CF
Staff And Off-Site Contact Information
Posting Tutorial and Tips
News and Updates

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:10 am 
Savior

Yes it is, though I've decided on calling them Dwellers instead of Nightmares, which are now the terminology for dream worlds.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:53 pm 
Savior

I'll try to get an OOC up soon before I disappear for a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:38 am 
Savior

I'll be gone for a bit (2 weeks) so here's something for you guys to tinker with. You can send me the CSs via PM and I will respond to you if I can. General questions about the CS you can also ask here.

(* optional)
Human CS:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Attire:[/b] *
[b]Appearance (Misc.):[/b] *
[b]Confidence:[/b]
[b]Temper:[/b]
[b]Naivety:[/b]
[b]Cunning:[/b]
[b]Greatest Fear:[/b]
[b]Greatest Wish:[/b]
[b]Interests:[/b]
[b]Personality (Misc.):[/b] *
[b]Bio:[/b]*

Dweller CS:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Temper:[/b]
[b]Naivety:[/b]
[b]Cunning:[/b]
[b]Greatest Fear:[/b]
[b]Greatest Wish:[/b]
[b]Interests:[/b]
[b]Personality (Misc.):[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b] *

[b]Nightmare Description:[/b] (Nightmare appearance)
[b]Nightmare Modifiers:[/b] (Does the Nightmare present a very stressful environment to the outsider? What mechanics does it have to give its dweller a homeground advantage?)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 pm 

Most Punctual (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Also interested! Very interested! Sounds scary, I love scary~!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:07 am 
Savior

I will be returning shortly from my vacation to work on the OOC by tmr.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:37 am 

Blog: View Blog (4)

this sounds interesting to me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:37 am 
Savior

And its up!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:34 pm 

was wondering, what time period is this set in?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:32 pm 
Savior

Modern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:38 am 
Savior

Checking if anyone is alive.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:43 pm 

sorry..I haven't been feeling well...will make one of the cs now