All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:51 pm 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hello everyone, let me tell you a tale from my book of stories, tis a tale of warlocks and witches, of magi and sorcerers, of researchers and artificers. And if these things interest you, you too can be one of them.

The world
This story takes place in the land of teuveran It is a mystical realm populated mostly by humans, though most other races you could think of in a fantasy setting exist as well, though they are not considered an everyday sight. Most of the noative population is affine to magic to at least a marginal degree, and it is the world's leading authority on all things mystical. The rulership of ther country consists of a council of the foremost mages from the three factions of spellcasters.

The factions
The three factions are respectively,
The Thaumathurgists: They approach magic from a scientific point of view and believe it to be something that mortals can completely control one day. Their magic is the most understood of the three factions, consisting of using magical devices to alter what they call the 'aspects of reality'.

The arcanists: Though they do not reach the same level of complex research as the thaumathurgists, the arcanists still view magic as a force they can control through rigorous training and study. Their magic mostly comes from inner power honed by their training, and they often have a veritable arsenal of spells stored in their minds.

The druids: They view magic as a force that shouldn't be controlled or exploited, but rather allowed to freely bloom. They easily have the most conservative ideas about the use of magic nad their use of it is heavily rooted in ritual and usage of nature. Often in ways that do little to no permanent damage to the surrounding area.

The forces of evil
For all the trappings of an utopia teuveran has, it still has its fair share of malign forces that plot to dominate and conquer all that's good. The magical devices of the thaumathurgists leave behind a pollution of sorts that weakens the barriers between dimensions, allowing malign outsiders to slip through the cracks. Said malign cretures are also occasionaly summoned by overconfident arcanists, who then usually meet a grizly end from a being far beyind them. Even the druids are not safe, for their attunement to nature also makes them vulnerable to psychic influences from malovelent creatures.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:56 pm 

Blog: View Blog (3)

I'm in! count me in!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:31 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

You've peaked my interest and I"d like to join you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:21 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

The OOC is a thing! here

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:14 pm 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

I am rather interested.