All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:37 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

So, I've done this concept a few times with friends and had a lot of fun with it, so I've decided to give it a try here. Here's the concept: everyone posts as the same character and tries to make it flow from one post to the next until a plot-line develops (which somehow has always happened on its own in my past experiences) and eventually the entire story is told. For the most part there really aren't that many rules. Basically just stick with what has been presented of the character already and try your best to write in the same style as the person before you. The character sheet would be edited as we went on so that it would be easier to keep up with some of the information that was already set. I'd prefer if everyone wrote in present tense, first-person train of thought, but I'm open to suggestions.

Anyone who would want to do this would have to be able to write with little to no guidelines; literally as long as it flows, it works, and I personally couldn't care less where the story goes and how much it changes with each post as long as its fun for everyone.

So who else wants to give it a shot?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:58 pm 

This sounds really interesting. I'd like to give it a try.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:07 pm 

Awesome. Do you want me to set up an IC thread and just put a post up, or do you have any questions before we start?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:11 pm 

Go ahead and do it. Just to make sure I understand fully: Its basically just one character and we both roleplay as that person in first tense, present, right?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:14 pm 

You got it. I'll start typing the first post right now. Are you okay if I leave it open for others to join?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:15 pm 

Of course. This roleplay seems like it'll be more fun with more people

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:37 pm 

That's great. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3394

It's supposed to be fairly silly. I find that works best and allows people to have fun and not worry as much about making everything perfect, especially since perfection just doesn't really work that well for these kinds of things. Try your best and have fun.

And everyone is free to join that would like.