All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:23 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

'__' Hi. I am Varian, and I wanted to see if anyone would participate in this plot idea with me. I tried making it simple so I could get to know everyone and to assure myself that you guys don't bite...much. X D I'm a nervous person, but I like making plots, so here it goes!

Throughout the Continent, the many countries dividing the specific regions have been at war for untold centuries. What could have been a rich, diverse trade market was barren, all money was being siphoned away to support the war efforts.
It seemed the entire Continent was doomed to collapse under all of the turmoil, when the people from across the sea appeared. They called themselves the War Mongers, the Soldiers of Misfortune, they were the Slayer. They gave the inhabitants of this Continent two options, keep fighting and be crushed under their massive armies of monstrous soldiers, their superior “steam” technology, their merciless slaughter of anything in the way, OR, the Continent could surrender and face a life without war, but a life of slavery.

Freedom for Peace, a fair trade, no?

The countries are all gathered at their Citadel, poised on the edge of a massive desert, an uninhabited desert leading straight to the coast, where the Slayer first landed. Guards are at the minimum, after all, the Slayer are in a win-win situation. Fight and lose to their armies, or submit and save your skin.
The collected leaders and their families, now prisoners, have been given an assembly room and 48 hours to make their decision before the Slayer start their march across the Continent. Along with the leaders is one Slayer representative, an odd prince, to supervise and offer the appearance that these savage War Mongers have a diplomatic side.
For now, many are wary and, understandably angry. Some may wish to ally with the Slayer to destroy the rest, some may simply want peace and to be left alone.
What will these leaders do to save themselves from their over-seas invaders? Do they fight? Or do they lie down and die? Or, perhaps, can the Slayer’s mind be swayed to a less…oppressive option?
The setting is in the Citadel, which is a massive tower, crafted from stone and a limited use of steel and copper. Outside this castle lies a multitude of smaller, simpler stone buildings, seeking shelter from the merciless shifting sands of the desert, inhabited only by monsters and rogue bands of criminals. The land itself is strained from war, so sufficient weapons and resources are hard to come by.

Ambiguity is something I learned from previous boards I've joined, but if you want more info on the basic plot, feel free to ask. I'm a newbie here, so constructive criticism is welcome. I will, of course, be playing the Slayer prince, mainly because this character was the basis for the plot...heh...
Basically ask for an alteration here of if you could play that and I'll consider. I'm very open to these kinds of things. '__'
...>__<

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:24 am 

I like this very much! I'd love to participate if you'd have me, haha! The story is very intriguing~

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:40 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)

same here. I'm in

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:04 am 

I'm in,I promise not to bite.....hard XD

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:49 pm 

: O wow! Three in one day!!! YAY!
You all are welcome to join! If you have any questions/requests ask away and I'll put in an ooc for characters soon, yes?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:23 pm 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)

sure.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:20 pm 

Sounds good to me :)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:50 am 

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3296&p=40043#p40043

OOC Link.