All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1x1 Fools Journey
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:30 pm 

Hanging stockings with care

Blog: View Blog (0)

I had an idea for a roleplay based off of a RPG for tarot readers called Fools Journey. The idea is pretty simple in my version each player lays down the Fool and the World leaving space in between. You'll draw cards to place here and use them to inspire either details about your character or to drive the plot (It must do one of these two things.). If you absolutely can't make use of a card place it back in the deck to use later.
It's best to know at the beginning what the world represents to each character. It can be a common goal like saving the world from an evil plot or you can set seprate goals for each character.

The Quick Guide for people unfamiliar with Tarot

Why the fool and the world?: In tarot the Fool is card zero (literally) and represents beginnings. The World concludes the major arcana (cards representing the core struggles and values of human life) and represents achievement. The world is getting the girl, making the goal, finding the holy grail.

Can I play without spending money on a tarot deck?: Sure there are lots of tarot card of the day apps which select a random card for you. Plenty of them are free to use.

I drew death is my character dead!?: Death in tarot means change. What's dying might be your character's drug habit or their fear of bugs or the bank could have foreclosed on their business. For the purpose of fools journey it could mean you die (in which case whoever said death had to be the end? You could be a ghost/undead/Winchester because those guys never die for long.) Or you might meet a grim reaper. It's up to you.

Can I get an example of how this all works?: Sure, Max and Jak are going to illustrate for you.
Max and Jak: They decide that their characters are secret agents investigating the case of a mudered elf.
Max: finds the fool and the world and places them on his desk.
Jak: Finds the fool and world from her own deck and places them on the kitchen table.
Max: draws the two of swords and decides that his character uses dual wielding.
Jak: draws the hermit. Someone seeking knowledge approaches the pair.

Last edited by Ink13 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: 1x1 Fools Journey
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 pm 

Hanging stockings with care

Blog: View Blog (0)

Your welcome to just fill out the basics here (Name/Age). I added some options so that players could fill them in if/when they come up. Some options like race are included for fantasy characters.

Name:
DOB:
Sex + Gender:
Sexuality:
Vocation/Occupation:

Physical Traits
Race:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:
Skin Tone:
Height:
Weight:
One Paragraph Description:

Personality
Vice:
Virtue:
Archetype:
MBTI:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace