All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:13 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

So I'm doing a pseudo-forum game/quiz show RP called "The Twisted Video Game Prompt Show", and I need contestants who want to participate in this endeavor. Think of this as a cross between the video game Quiplash, and a syndicated televised game show, complete with a host and a studio audience.

The basic gist of it is that I, as the host Rink Dartenmail (a play on veteran game show host Wink Martindale), will give you a prompt from one of three categories, and you need to fill it in with whatever you think best fits that prompt. Players win two points for the first correct answer, as well as the best "alternative answer" that you made up on the spot trying to be funny. You can even attempt both if you want.

After fifteen prompts, a winner will be crowned, and new contestants come in to fill in for the old ones.

Now here's the kicker. I said this was an RP, so you get to create characters -perhaps a expy (if you read TV Tropes) of a famous television/video game/whatever character or archetype- to participate in the game. You don't necessarily have to fill in an entire character sheet, as simply a name, age, gender and bio will just fine, similar to how game shows work.

The basic ground rule for this RP also act as the one sole game rule: don't look the answer up online. That's my job, and besides it's not fun to look up the answer when you can just make one up on the spot and go for the "alternative answer" points. I mean, you could, but where's the fun in that?

I need at least three people. The first three people to sign in here get to play the first "pilot" episode. Anyone else I'll contact over the chat or PMs when the next episode comes up.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:25 pm 

May I sign up?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:45 am 

Signed.