All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:44 pm 

Currently listening to: Drawfee Podcast

Blog: View Blog (2)

Hi! I noticed there weren't many Steven Universe Rps on this site, so I thought it would be fun to do an all OC roleplay!

The basis is pretty simple. You can be either a Crystal Gem, a Homeworld Gem, a Rouge Gem, or part of another group of gems. I decided to put this in the Omega Board because I don't really have a very good plan for the story, and this is more character based. I will probably have a better starter once some people have posted their character profiles, but for now the idea is that the characters will just interact and do as roleplayers choose, with the basic concepts of the SU canon

Gem:
Nicknames(if any):
Gem Type:
Weapon:
Gem location:
Other gem abilities(if any):
Backstory:
Alignment(crystal gem, Homeworld, rouge, other):
Other details:
Visual Reference(or description):

This is one of my first more casual, character based Rps, so I hope it works well. Looking forward to see people's replies!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey, if you're still wanting to do this RP, I know this reply is kind of super late, but I think it'd be fun.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:42 pm 

Currently listening to: Drawfee Podcast

Blog: View Blog (2)

megarandom wrote:
Hey, if you're still wanting to do this RP, I know this reply is kind of super late, but I think it'd be fun.

I'd love to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:28 pm 

Awesome, I'll throw up a character sheet really quick.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:28 pm 

Gem: Charoite

Nicknames: Charo

Gem Type: Reconnaissance and Advisor (Court Gem)

Weapon: Fans (Manipulates multiple bladed fans through hand movements, but doesn't fight with them by holding them. Usually wields six.)

Gem location: Below bellybutton

Other gem abilities: Can read surface thoughts and siphon knowledge off of people's minds and about situations, places, and objects. Able to form telepathic bonds, often used to distract opponents during combat by flooding their minds with as much sensory input as he can manage to put out.

- Reading
- Tennis
- Video Games
- Learning
- Fashion
- Chess (tends to cheat by skimming the opponent's brain)

Dislikes:
- Mud
- Fighting
- Eating
- Water

Backstory: Charoites as a cut of gem were first devised as informants and advisors to the Diamonds, though were quickly disposed of when their especially ambitious and manipulative dispositions were rapidly discovered. As a whole, the group of gems seemed to be created sociopathic, and their loyalties not lying with their Diamonds, and were promptly shattered. Having been slightly malformed, Charo was harshly scrutinized by the Diamonds. Gleaning knowledge of the fate of the rest of the Charoites, he faked empathy and loyalty toward the Diamonds, enough to fool them and get them to come to the decision of letting him remain under their charge. While still just as ambitious, cold, and ruthless as the rest of the charoite, he played to their belief that his malformation was actually a good thing. Letting them think he was under their rule and loyal to them, he schemed for a way to raise his class, with grand ambitions of eventually taking over homeworld for his own. Seeing the Crystal Gems start their rebellion, he saw the key to his victory over the Diamonds. While manipulating the Diamonds, placing the blame on other gems, and organizing 'mistakes' to be made by other gems, he ensured the safety of Earth and the Crystal Gems, letting them survive to rebuild their rebellion for a later time.
Currently on a mission to Earth to gather intelligence, he works on infiltrating the Crystal Gems to use them to destroy the rest of the diamonds. He plans to then bring himself into a position of power in the new order created by the rebellion, then destroy it systematically from within to rebuild it in his vision, with him on the throne of the collective Diamonds.

Alignment: Currently loyal to nobody but himself, though he feigns loyalty to homeworld in order to remain there and carry out his machinations in relative safety under the protection of the unwitting Diamonds.

Other details:
- Associated Music style is Electro-Swing Jazz. Example fusion song- Heal Me- Auvic
- Associated Dance style is Jazz Dance
- Possible theme songs include The Devil Within- Digital Daggers, Control- Halsey, Soul 4 Sale- Simon Curtis, and Oh No!- Marina and the Diamonds
- High-Functioning Sociopath. Feels empathy only for people close to him. Capable of forming and maintaining relationships, though he's very manipulative with everybody who isn't what he considers a friend. Would actually care about his friends, but he's never actually had any. Having friends would likely cause him to change his loyalties and be less self-centered, and therefore change much of the way he acts (wink wink nudge nudge)

Visual Reference: Art By Japhers Alternate Outfits/Regenerations

Last edited by megarandom on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:08 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

Medals: 3
Hero of the Month (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1)

Mind if I join in? Is it also alright if I make a second character that is human?

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:53 pm 

ooh actually imma switch up my character a bit, I had a more fun idea, though he'd be nearly an antagonist kind of? I think it'll help the plot run more, give some actual conflict to the story.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:10 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Yoooo that sounds good actually.

Do you think this RP will be following the arc of SU cannon or be somthing else entirely? I'm setting up my character to be a rouge, old world gem who has a very strong monk/warrior mentality. They'll be nomadic pretty much traveling from star system to star system. As for my human character I thought it'd be interesting to make a character from Empire City who moves to Beach City or wherever the RP is taking place and see how that develops.

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:18 am 

By the sound of it, it's going to stick close to canon, but who's to say there can't be divergence here or there. I mean we don't really even know a whole lot about the actual canon, so...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:13 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Right but what about setting wise? You think there a possiblitly of this all having happened before Steven was born or something like that? I love changing up the typical why, when, and where. :)
I'll put up my characters up tomorrow, did a concept drawing of my gem but gonna wait till I get more info about the setting and time frame before I draw the human.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:43 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Gem: Snowflake Obsidian

Nicknames(if any): Snow or Obsi

Gem Type: Rouge Gem, Old World Warrior and a Galactic Nomad

Weapon: Bo Staff, tends only to bring out the weapon as a last resort.

Gem location:Neck (centered between the clavicles)

Other gem abilities(if any): Mind shielding- Can hide ones thoughts behind a phycological shield, Life Detection- Ability to pick up on the locations of life forms of any nature within a mile radius, and Psychometric Reflexes- can copy movements and physical actions after seeing it once, within reason ie. cannot copy powers they do not innately have. They have regular first generation gem abilities as well.

-Sparring
-Learning
-Fighting (to a degree)
-Long hot baths
-Traveling

Dislikes:
-Not having freedom
-Diamonds
-War
-Ignorance

Backstory: Obsidians are an ancient cut of gem, sage like warriors who were used by the Diamonds to scout out planets and and entire solar systems for suitable colonization. Snowflake was an anomaly the minute they came from the ground, their coloration unlike the other pristine black obsidians but proved to be more than worthy and useful to the Diamonds due to their ability to duplicate the work of other cuts of gems, essentially a jack of all trades. Though loyal at first to the Diamonds, Snow saw more to life than their own existence and servitude to the Diamonds, an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and a pension to question authority eventually drove them to escape servitude and head out on their own thousands of years before Rose Quartz's rebellion. As a rouge gem they stayed on the outskirts of the known reaches of space, collecting information and developing a spirituality and philosophy of their own. Even though the Diamonds have figured out how to artificially make a few Snowflake Obsidians of their own, Obsi was the first and the strongest.
On their way back to a previously visited star system, Obsi's ship malfunctions and crash lands on earth unaware of Gem presence and the plot of the Diamonds.

Alignment: To them-self and the preservation of knowledge of other planets. As a rouge gem they usually only trust those who have knowledge to share or shelter to give, even then the alignment only lasts till Obsi learns all they can and moves on to the next star system.

Other details:
Dance style- Either Haka or Breakdancing depending on dance partner but is generally adaptable to any other dance style.
Music style- Leans towards more oriental sounding music but otherwise is open to trying anything.
Theme Songs- 30 Seconds to Mars- This is War and Aurora- Nature Boy (will add more later)
The life of a hermit- Obsi is basically oblivious to anything that has happened from home world to earth. Their philosophy is similar to a Buddhist as they find peace in neutrality and harmony but still keeps them-self honed by practicing battle every day.

Visual Reference: #I tried

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:19 pm 

Gem: Hematite
Nicknames: Grey
Gem Type: Hematite
Weapon: Twin blades
Gem location: Shoulder
Other gem abilities: Rock manipulation (only usable on non-gem rocks)
Dislikes: Homeworld, it's rules and the way it operates
Backstory: Hematite was once a loyal Homeworld gem. However, when she saw how gems were shattered for simply desiring freedom to think on their own, Hematite became disillusioned. She joined Crystal Gems to save other gems from their suffering at the hands of Homeworld, the Diamonds and their system as a whole.
Alignment: Crystal Gem
Other details: None
Visual Reference: Hematite has a gem on her shoulder. She often wears a plain white dress. Her hair is brown and falls onto her shoulders and chest. Her skin is dark brownish-grey