All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:55 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Disclaimer: Alright, let me start this thread off by saying that I haven't been on this site for over a year. I have no excuses and I deeply apologize for my absence. Also, this is a fair warning to anyone who wants to participate - my writing style will take some time to come back to me, meaning that my posts may not be very descriptive until we are a bit into the RP.

I will create OOC threads according to the interest these ideas get (they also may take a day or two to get up, depending on my homework and schedule).

Link to the LotR OOC: http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50903

Lord of the Rings Roleplay Idea (Third Age/War of the Ring)

Even though I recently watched the Hobbit and LotR trilogy, my cravings for Tolkien have not been satisfied. Hence the reason I want to do an RP based on the events and world of Middle-earth. Before you run away because you have barely any idea what the lore is, you should probably know that I have also not gone much deeper than the movies. That is why there will be an alternate (or additional depending on the interest of the ideas) roleplaying idea later in this thread.

The Roleplay will take place near the time of the War of the Ring (Third Age), most likely a few months before it starts. Preferably, we will use OCs that can interact with the characters from LotR. For example, our characters can run into Aragorn/Strider before he goes to the prancing pony; however, we should not roleplay in a way that would disrupt the events of the LotR movies (I haven't read the books, so that's why I'm just using the movies). Some exceptions can be participation in battles or interacting with minor/side characters. If you need help creating a character that will fit the criteria, just look up races on google (or PM me) and try not to make the character OP or godlike (e.g. a wizard like Gandalf). Some examples of characters you can make are a Knight of Gondor, Horseman of Rohan, a Woodelf, etc. Anyways, it's great to see other Tolkien fans out there!

Fantasy Roleplay Idea

I am a HUGE sucker for fantasy. When I first read it/saw it, I fell in love with the genre because it is always different and captivating. Sure there may be clichés and such, but they are mostly varying in ideas and have a lot of creativity behind it. Before I move on with this rant, let me pitch to you all my general ideas. General because I have no concrete ideas yet, just some loose threads that I will expand upon if there is some interest in this.

The world will consist of three main sections/continents/realms all on one landform (there are small outlying areas). The first being the Realm of Magic, followed by the Technology (Steampunk) Ring, and the third being the Continent of Cert. The first two are self explanatory, but I will go into more detail later. The Continent of Cert is basically a no-magic and no-technology zone, the people there rely on raw skill and talent. Whatever is not on the landform is floating above a void. No one knows for sure what happens in the void or how the landmass of their world is holding up, but many believe that it is held up by an organization of very powerful mages. As for races, there are (for lack of more creative ones because I'm just getting back into the swing of things) Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, half-breeds, Dryad, and other generic fantasy characters. That doesn't mean you are limited to the races listed there. If you want to be a different race, just PM me or ask in this thread.

Again, try not to make an OP/godlike character. Everyone should have their flaws and strengths, and we can always RP around those.

The Realm of Magic:
After the Creation of the world, which is commonly believed to have come into existence because of the Great Deity (Yet to be named). The dwellers of the Realm of Magic were those first granted life upon this world (also yet to be named) and those who worshipped the deity. As a reward for their devotion, the Great Deity granted the gift of Magic and Arcane upon the followers. The five types of magic that are known consist of: Light, Dark, Water, Fire, and Arcane. There are also sub-types for each of the magics, for example Water magic also covers ice summoning, manipulation of some weather, etc. Arcane magic is being able to control raw magic energy, creating barriers, granting strength, and rejuvenating allies. As time went on, doubt wavered within the followers, and some began to leave. Some then became many, and the world was divided into the Realm of Magic and the newly formed Continent of Cert. Those who left lost their magics, and were forced to turn to rigorous training and learning to be able to live a new life and survive.

The Continent of Cert:
Named after its founder, Cert is rich in farmland and production of goods because its inhabitants can no longer rely on magic for their needs. Everyone was content with being independent, and they all felt satisfied that a good days work was THEIR work, nothing was supplied by magic or a deity. But as is the flaw of all who are living, people began to question if doing everything by hand was the most efficient and effective. Thus, they began to experiment. At first, it was small things such as modifying pulleys and the sort, but people grew smarter and came up with more ideas. They began to use the power of steam to automate machines and contraptions. Soon enough, steam powered mills were operating at four times the speed of normal ones, and a new mode of transportation was invented: the steam powered carriage. No longer was there a need for the users of steam power and technology to depend on animals for getting around places. No longer was there a need to do remedial tasks by hand. No longer was there a need to train, grow strong, and do manual labor. Disputes erupted, riots started, and the wielders of steam power were banished from Cert, into the unexplored outer islands of the world. Never before was it possible to reach them, even with magic and help of the Great Deity. But with enough time and brilliance of the banished peoples, air travel was invented. With fire and steam power, one could travel to the outer islands without risk of falling into the void. And so came the Technology Ring

The Technology Ring:
Because of the outer islands are wrapped around the mainland, it was always called just The Ring. But as the 'steampunks' migrated to those outer islands, it became known as the Technology Ring. With time and new ideas, the Technology Ring's influence grew and many more objects, trinkets, devices, and inventions were made. It spanned from giant buildings, automated factories, personal gadgets, and more. Eventually, not enough steam could be produced to maintain all this technology, and the Technology Ring began to fall into a depression. Things were rusting and abandoned. People were seeking refuge back in the Realm of Magic and the Continent of Cert. One day, a beacon of light shined for all people in the Ring to see, literally. A group of entrepreneurs turned broke stumbled upon a colossal, ruby-red crystal buried within the depths of the Ring. As they unearthed it, an almost Arcane power lifted it out of the ground, and above the land. Deep within it were wisps of steam, and those wisps shot out, powering back up seemingly dead machines. The depression era was over for the Technology Ring, and began the era of Restoration and Development.

Setting of this (Possible) Roleplay
We will begin a century or so after the beginning of the era of Restoration and Development (more commonly known as the Era of Equilibrium). The world has had its small disputes and fights over land, but nothing of a large scale war. With the influence of the Technology Ring beginning to grow exponentially, Cert and the Realm of Magic are growing ever so nervous. It is very possible that confligt could break out any day, and plunge the world into bloodshed and violence.

You can start your character as any race and any alignment (section of the world) as long as it makes sense. There are of course rogue peoples that dabble in technology, magic, and skill, but it is very difficult and our characters cannot start out that way. You can however have your character grow into other regions of the world and learn magic or learn how to use steam power.

My idea for this roleplay is scattered, I know, but I will flesh out the world if interest is shown in this. Even within the RP itself the world is being created by us.

TL;DR: If you have any interest in either of the roleplays, just tell me and I can get an OOC thread up. Happy Roleplaying!

Last edited by WizzardDestroyer on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:19 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

I know I don't need another roleplay but Tolkien! Yes! Yes! Yes!

I love Tolkien so I absolutely love this idea!

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:28 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Hey I'll partake in the Tolkien RP as well count me on board :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:11 pm 

Glad to see people are interested in the Tolkien RP. I'll get an OOC thread up for that (hopefully) soon. This doesn't mean the other RP idea is closed - I'm still looking for people who are interested in that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:34 pm 

The OOC for the LotR RP is now up! http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50903

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:45 pm 

A little Fire Emblem obsessed

Hi there! I'm interested in your other RP idea! I can't promise that I'll post regularly though, considering that I have many IRL things to do, but I'll try my best!