All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:56 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

An idea for a plot that could go quite a long way I think, as I have much of it already outlined here. I would love some feedback, even (especially?) If you're not interested. Revisions, additions, edits, anything! I'm Sarah, by the way, and I would love to role play with you!

Humanities, a class that awakened a group of empathetic college students to their full potential, and more. The young professor, who had been homeless as a teen, lectured passionately on the subject, and urged the students to help out at local shelters and food kitchens. Extra credit was offered with a signed sheet, so the assignment was a no-brainer.

In the shelters, there was a stagnant mix of hopelessness and wariness as the men, women, and children hovered around their belongings. Most were one room, and there was no guarantee for the safety of belonging, out self. Just protection from the elements, and in the harsh Midwest, winters can mean death.

The food kitchens weren't much better. Bubbling pots of mystery meat from a can, simmering nutrient-depraved vegetables, sad powdered potatoes. The men and woman did their best, but fresh donations were so rare, except during the holidays. That was when the well off paid for their avoiding gazes on the sidewalk, or in their cars praying for the light to change.

That following week, the class was stoic coming in; the same stifling hopelessness in the shelters held the rooms silence. It was during that hour that the students vowed to do something about it, fix the problem instead of giving them just enough to survive. How, was the question. They proposed to plant gardens, perhaps hold a fund raiser to help buy new clothes and supplies, setting up job interviews.

Using the website Cash for a Cause, the class set a goal of 1000 dollars; The fundraiser went viral. Capping out at just under a million dollars after a few high profile donations, including Oprah, the students hatched a new home. They would design and build a community, and make it as green as possible. A farm, housing for families and singles, with clothing and most importantly, a purpose. Residents would only be expected to work within the community, and would be assigned a job based on skills.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace