Post subject: Rough Times
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:27 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey all,

My grandfather, who has been sick for awhile, passed away this morning. I'll be down in Maryland for awhile, helping my grandmother out, so I won't be around much.

In addition to that, my computer, which just came back form the shop after having malware removed from it, has been infected again and needs to go back.

I don't know when I'll be back in full swing.

Love you guys
-Sounds

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Rough Times
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:34 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sil.

Have a warm hug on me. Take good care of yourself and your family, and if you need anything at all I can help with, shout!

Much love your way.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:05 am 

It is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Medals: 14
Best Death (1) GM of the Month (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Damn.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Even when a person is sick for a while, saying goodbye is never easy. Good on you for being there for your grandma. You'll be in my thoughts.

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:41 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Aw, honey. I am so sorry. Please, take all the time you need. I'll skip your turn in Night Vale if it comes to that, is that all right? Just so you don't have to worry about anything there.

Take care of yourself and your family. You'll be in my thoughts.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:39 pm 

Administrator

Thank you, guys.

@Fearless Sissy if it comes down to skipping me, yeah, go for it :) the show must go on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:28 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is hard, even if someone has been sick. Take all the time you need. Don't worry about us.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:37 am 

Administrator

Hey, guys!

Just as an update, I was home for a bit over the weekend. Of course, all I did was sleep for the most part.

I tried to hop back into roleplaying but it looks like I'll be back in Maryland until Thursday. Which means putting off role play plans for a bit longer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:43 am 

Administrator

I should have done this a while back. But since I'm around more now, better late than never I guess.

My laptop is back from the shop. So far, so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't pick up any more viruses for awhile. Between this laptop and my trip to New York City, getting a new phone because the battery in my other one wouldn't hold a charge anymore, and taking care of my grandmother, my bank account is pretty dead.

My grandmother is not taking my grandfather's death well at all, and is still depressed.

My mom is with her now, I am home.

As far as roleplaying goes, I am still not back 100%.

After some incidents, dealing with family drama, that involved the cops being called and dealing with people being so selfish and low, calling them trash would be an understatement, as well as my grandmother getting sick and needing to go to the hospital, my grandmother will be staying with us until the end of the month. I'll be doing what I can for her, taking her out every now and then, making sure that she gets better. It's a long story, but people have done nothing but use her all of her life. Part of me wishes my mom would let her go, but I understand why she is helping her. She is family, and my grandfather was such a kind man, it isn't right to let people take advantage of her mental state and try to get whatever they can from her. People have stolen ****, lied, and cheated her more now than ever.

True colors really do come out when someone dies.

I don't feel comfortable sharing every detail, but I will say that I am just restless. Angry? Something like that. I was glad to be there when my grandmother needed to be rushed to the hospital. Despite how psychotic my aunts are, which is another really long story, I am glad they were able to rush out and help when I needed them.

I feel bad that my mom is now still in Maryland dealing with this **** and wish I was a stronger person. I'd be better help then...

But yeah, I just wanted to give an update since I've been lurking about.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:14 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

If you need us you know that we are here for you.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:40 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Echoing Efer. You're doing a hard job right now, and doing it beautifully. Take care and please just say if you want or need anything.

Sent from t̗͈ͥ͒͒̅̑̿h̺ͣ̑̐̎̑̇͝ẹ͇͊ͤͅ ̗̝͖̠͍͔̺ͣ̓͆͐̕v̶͂̒͗oͭ̀̌̉̿ỉ̉̌̒̓̈͌͠d̛̤̻͖̂͊͗̈͑ using Tapatalk

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:25 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

I'm sorry to hear what your grandmother is going through. Take all the time you need.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:53 pm 

Administrator

Thank you, guys <3

Unfortunately, she does this to herself and has for years. My mom is trying to break her from it... I doubt it will happen, which is why I want my mom to just cut ties. This whole thing has been so exhausting. Sometimes you just need to let loved ones go.

I do know that my grandmom is out of the hospital now. She called me and sounded so much better than when I was with her over the weekend.