All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:20 pm 
Giggity

Blog: View Blog (8)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:17 pm 
Giggity

http://tinyurl.com/3xjklqt

NOTE: Not recommended unless your computer wont have a seizure with halfway decent graphics. If your computer is ok with graphics, then by all means, enjoy!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 pm 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:55 pm 
Giggity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:22 am 
Giggity

While this video may be slightly controversial, I believe it touches on a very important factor that lots of people, including someone you know or maybe even you, may have forgotten.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/8175546/21693632

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:14 pm 

From http://www.honors.ufl.edu/courses/coursesfall10.html

University of Florida Honors Courses:

IDS2935
21st Century Skills in Starcraft

Credits: 2
Writing or Math Req: None
Gen Ed: None

Section Instructor Times Locations
9982 Nathaniel Poling Online

21st Century Skills in Starcraft is an 8 week entirely online course that uses the popular real time strategy (RTS) game Starcraft to teach valuable 21st Century Skills through a hands-on approach. With society becoming increasingly technology-based and fast-paced, it is important for professionals to be highly proficient in skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, resource management, and adaptive decision making. These skills are fundamental in Starcraft and therefore make the game a highly effective environment for students to analyze and take action in complex situations. Computer and video games of all types have become a major part of today's entertainment and technology worlds. Also, online education is an area of intense growth with many employers and professions using online courses and workshops for career development. This course synthesizes the three threads of 21st Century skill development, gaming, and online education into an innovative and experiential approach that encourages students to identify, learn, and practice crucial skills and apply and relate them to real-world situations. It does not teach about Starcraft, but rather aims to utilize the game and the complex situations that arise within it to present and develop the important skills professionals will undoubtedly need in the 21st Century workplace.

This course includes required weekly game play, viewing and analysis of recorded matches, written assignments which emphasize analysis and synthesis of real/game-world concepts, and collaboration with other students. Due to the unique and innovative nature of this course, there are several requirements that students must meet. Students taking this course must have access to computer (PC or Mac) and Internet resources outside of UF labs since it requires the installation and playing of a computer game. Students must also have at least basic knowledge of and experience playing Starcraft. Students must also be independent, self-motivated, and able and willing to learn in an entirely online environment. Enrollment is limited to 20.

Nate Poling is a UF educational technology doctoral student at the College of Education. He teaches EME2040 Introduction to Educational Technology and his research interests revolve around the implications and potential of using computer/video games and virtual worlds in teaching, training, and learning.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:48 pm 
Giggity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:49 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Mom's hug revives baby that was pronounced dead
"He's doing things dead babies don't do - you might want to come see this!" Kate Ogg told doctors who had declared her premature baby dead. After the Australian mom held him to her body for two hours in a method called "kangaroo care," the infant stirred to life.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38988444/from/toolbar

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:07 am 

Owner

Just have to say that was an awesome rant Clock.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/cincinnati- ... m-21716748

Dogs are proving more and more that they are truly mans best friend.

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:35 pm 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Wow such an interesting video Efer xD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:21 am 
Giggity

This one is dedicated to Eferhilda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:35 am 

Owner

BOATS and HOS!!!

Thank you Clock for that =D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:45 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:35 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

What a ****ing. "You have to finish." I would have killed someone.

I'm drowning slowly... I used to try to reach the surface...If I could just get my head above...But I gave up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:39 am 

Owner

That was hilarious Donta! Then her friend like "You have to finish" Classic!. Exactly why my husband and I are going to be going on that show, to win some money and argue on television :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:52 pm 

Owner

Someone needs to make sure they have the ball before they celebrate XD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:37 am 

NO NOT MY UNICORN!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:14 pm 

Owner

LMAO!!! THE UNICORN!!!! T_T

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:46 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:08 pm 
Giggity

LMAO

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next