All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How Not To Be A Douche
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:07 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Drama.

The province of the immature, the territory of the childish, and a way of life for the junior high school girl. Drama is a part of life, for there will always be people out there who start it and sometimes, it comes around without intent on any side of a situation, inevitable in life to be sure. Still there are those who seem to actively seek out drama and even worse, exacerbate it beyond repair. Those who seek to cause problems, those who seek to make existing problems worse, and those who thrive off of performing both tasks.

These people boys and girls, are douches.

This comes around from recent events that seem to be building in a crescendo, reaching their peak every few days and at minimum as of late, at least once a week. Perhaps the maturity of the members coming in is dropping, perhaps the lunar cycle is screwing with people, even more likely, people are becoming more douche like with each passing moment. Nevertheless, I endeavor to have faith in humanity and believe that perhaps people are merely forgetting the rights and wrongs of social interaction. As such I felt it was necessary to give people some pointers in not being a douche. After all who wants to be a douche?

Here's hoping these pointers are helpful to you.

1) Disagreements are a part of life, when two people with contrasting views, concepts, ideas and perspectives come together, a disagreement is all but inevitable. This, is not the problem here. The problem boils down to the fact is realizing that fact to the fullest extent. Knowing that differences are going to come about and that often times the other person isn't always intentionally trying to **** you off. Fun fact to bear in mind, people aren't always thinking about you and trying to **** you off, they're often too busy thinking about their own perspective and problems, roll that around in your skull for a bit, let it sink in. Often times a compromise can be reached if both parties are willing to settle the hell down and discuss it like mature and rational human beings, and if a compromise isn't going to happen, agree to disagree and don't talk about it again. Oh! Food for thought, if you can't talk rationally, both of you should shut the hell up, back up and cool down, makes things much easier.

2) Now an all time favorite is those of us who become butthurt, we all know what it means and we all know who does it. Butthurttery happens with frequency, and honestly, at least once or twice bare minimum, all of us have been butthurt. Again, it's not the emotion that's the problem, it's how people deal with it. If you should find yourself becoming butthurt, you do not throw a tantrum that even a four year old would become envious of, you do not try to drag everyone down with you, and you sure as hell do not pass it along to other people. What you should in fact do is shut the hell up and back up before you turn into a whining little ****ing that no one can stand around, honestly, who wants a troublemaker around them if they themselves don't feed off of that?

3) Respect. What a word, so powerful and around here it's demanded more for than Kony's arrest, healthcare and a sultry picture of Ridiculously Photogenic guy put together. Yet boys and girls, men and women, ladies and gentlemen, it's so rarely given out at the same time. See, Respect is funny that way, it's kind of a two way street, (by kind of, I mean it really friggin' is) and in order to gain it from another person, you have to give it. So if you're going to accuse people of being disrespectful, take a moment, step the **** back and check your own behavior. One who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones around like an idiot unless they want to get cut and be homeless and cold.

4) Something I've noticed while lurking and talking to people is the sheer amount of emotional turmoil running around. Honestly the way it seems around here is like trying to walk the bloody derpy dog here, you all get yanked around by your emotions and seem perfectly content with it. For a moment I want you to remember who's holding that leash and think of who should be controlling who. Yeah, let that sink in too, I'll wait.........

-whistles and twiddles thumbs-

Ok, see what I'm saying there? Good, keep that in mind, because the next time you get ****, don't, next time you want to shoot off your mouth, shut the hell up, it's not standing up for yourself, it's not being 'real,' it's being an butthole and a douche.

5) Honesty, not that butthole way of being like 'yeaahhh, no offense but you're being a ****ing,' that's not honesty, that's being a twat. No I mean, don't sit there and blatantly lie to people, especially if you're going to be shocked when no one believes you or calls you out on it. No one gives a **** about your apparent new bike or near death experience, cold cocking a teacher, or the thousands of other bullshit that has popped up when we all know you're a dirty liar and no one wants an attention whore. Keep it to yourself, no one's impressed, it's irritating, it's immature and you're being a douche. Stop it.

6)Trolls. Playful trolling that is done on here is fine, that's playful and fun. Real trolling? That's obviously being a douche, enough said there. For the rest who feed into it and keep them going, just quit, honestly it's stupidity at it's most potent to do that and you're only hurting yourself. Don't be a stupid douche, that's just plain awful.

7) See those names with funny colors outside of purple? Yeaaaahhhh, those are moderators of varying sorts and they have this little thing called the banhammer. Each and everyone one of them do and only out of the goodness of their hearts, rather than some perceived weakness, have they not banned so much. Remember that the next time you ignore one who's telling you to stop being a twat, because honestly it's beyond disrespectful and if you can't listen to them and they have to fetch Efer, well honestly you deserve more than just a few days of a ban. You're being a disrespectful, self-important, disruptive and unruly douche and you need to shut the hell up and go somewhere with your ****.

See? Seven easy pointers to keep in mind when it comes to preventing yourself from being a douche, there could be a more extensive list, but that would probably be a bit much. Honestly these things are common sense and it's sad that this has to be addressed, so many of us are adults or want to be treated like one, but so few are willing to behave like it, so that leaves the rest with so little option except to treat you like the butthurt douche you have become. If you can't find it in yourself to act like a mature and growing individual, please locate the nearest 'Log Out' button and go the **** away as the rest of us enjoy a much more relaxed and fun loving environment which is rather dragged down by douchebaggery.

Should you take offense to anything in here, it probably means that you were doing something wrong and I called you out on it, which for that means you need to reference points 1, 2 and 4.

Remember peoples, nothing is worse than being a douche on an online community.

Don't do it.

~Braioch~

"Let me tell you something about Willow. She's a loser. Always has been. She got picked on through junior high, high school, right up until college. With her stupid mousy ways. And now? [laughs bitterly] Willow's a junkie. The only thing Willow was ever good for...the only thing I ever had going for me were those moments...just moments...where Tara would look at me and I was wonderful. And that will never happen again."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace