All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:28 am 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Blog: View Blog (2)

I will have to admit to being somewhat of a roleplaying slut, as when I went searching for new sites outside of Tolkien’s Middle Earth sites to write RP on, I ended up registering to about a half dozen including this one. I was primarily looking for Middle Earth RP, but being this site was the most active, I opened up to other realms. Before last week, I had only been erratically involved in a couple of RPs on a Tolkien board (Arwen Undomiel), but with few writers there (@Melanie being one) and a board admin being for the most part absent, it wasn’t conducive to sustaining my muse. Since last week, I have managed to find new RP partners here and on some of the other boards, really fulfilling my desires to write both Middle Earth and other genre RP!

A little RP history of mine. I began writing RP on a Lord of the Rings fan forum in 2001 when the first movie came out. One of the sections was a Roleplaying area, and I created a crude character that walked into an inn. The writing was for the most part short, but as we writers connected, we set out on deeper writing adventures. Was pretty much involved in this through year 7 to 12 in school. When I went off to university, things dropped off, and there was some drama among writers, and the site was becoming less used due to it being a few years after the movies, and well, I kind of went into writing my own stories and fanfics in my spare time. With studies and work, RP had been pushed aside and buried in the business of life. It wasn’t until last year when I went looking for some Middle Earth lore that I stumbled across Arwen Undomiel, and it got me back into RP. Now, I have renewed the love and excitement it brings!

What is your RP ‘history’?

Last edited by Deumeawyn on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:47 am 

Missing My Companions

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

My role-play history goes all the way back to when I first played the 2nd Edition Dungeons and Dragons. I loved it so much, but I what I really loved later on was writing my own adventures for others to enjoy when I learned to DM during the 3.5 Edition. From those days to this one; I still role-play in this fashion, but I am no longer confined to it. I had heard, though I don't remember where from, of places one could enjoy writing with others in various types of settings. One of the first I joined was a place called Shadow Fleet. Shadow Fleet was a Star Trek site with a few ships people could create characters for, and advanced in rank due to excellent quality of posts...as well as quantity, and from participation. They even had an Academy for those who wished to advance to command ranks - which included tests of grammar and spelling, Star Trek knowledge, and writing in various scenarios. I eventually rose to the rank of Command Master Chief...the most senior of the NCO personnel on there, and taught at the Academy for a while in the Operations section for those wishing to advance.

Unfortunately, things got ugly over there, and the site went through some rather rough changes. Several of the veterans...myself included...abandoned the place to form our own Fleet site elsewhere - which lasted for a brief time, but was just never the same. There was a Star Wars site or two I joined for a while, but I was never able to stay focused on their version of events. Could have been from my own...um...interesting views of such things dealing with Star Wars. I did the same with a couple of Lord of the Rings sites, but my ideas for searching and including the Minor and Lesser Rings of Power, and of attempting to restore the land of Arnor before the War of the Ring was never favorably seen. Sadly, I did not stay long with either of these places...though I did enjoy playing Celeborn for a time with someone writing Galadriel (one of my all time favorite characters of Middle-earth).

Eventually, I found my way here, and for the most part I have been in love with my second home since that first day three years ago. For a time, I enjoyed writing with Shades on here, and it was one of my favorite moments. Since then, I have enjoyed writing with Amara, Sound of Silence, Asteria, and Asterous, and have acquired new partners of late that I am also enjoying. Three years later, and I wouldn't trade this place to write for any other in the world!

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace