All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:02 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

The following is a list of the shows I am planning on watching or currently watching.

The X-Files - Currently watching season 9 on Netflix so will be done soon. I never watched this show back in the day, didn't really think it was my kind of show. But when they decided to bring it back for a season 10, Sci-Fi ran a mini-marathon of the best episodes so I watched them. I liked it (well they were the best episodes after all) part due to nostalgia and part due to being sick of guns, terrorism, and serial killers (not that X-Files didnt have some of that). Some episodes are better then others. Some say the show jumped the shark when Mulder stepped away, but I think it happened when they revealed the space ship at the end of season 6.

Grey's Anatomy - Currently also in season 9 on Netflix. Hopefully Netflix will post season 13 by the time I catch up, and I will PVR season 14 to watch.

The Lone Gunmen - Currently about half way done the one and only season of the X-Files spin-off. All the episodes appear to be available on you tube.

Halt and Catch Fire - Currently watching season 4. I love this show. 8 more episodes to go.

Riverdale - I have a few more episodes to watch from season 1 then will probably watch season 2 during the year. It's not "must see" TV though for me.

GLOW - Netflix. As a fan of wrestling, and the 80's, even though GLOW wrestling was bad I still liked it due to the limited amount of wrestling on free TV. I have heard good things about the show and the nostalgia factor is high, so will check it out.

Freaks and Geeks - Great show that I watched back in the day (yes I was one of the few). I realized a few months ago that I did not see the final few episodes. Not sure if its because I just didn't watch them (or tape them on the VCR) during its first run, or if they were unaired? Time to rectify perhaps the second best written dialogue show (any Aaron Sorkin show is #1, especially West Wing).

Stranger Things - Netflix. I watched an episode and a half and gave up on it, but after all the rave reviews I think I will give it another try.

Better Call Saul - I have season 3 on the PVR and will start to watch it soon. Slow but good.

Turn: Washington's Spies - I missed season 4 so will be watching for it on repeat on AMC or on Netflix. Good show, not great, but I watched the first 3 seasons.

The Queen - Netflix. Waiting for season 2 to drop.

Shows on this year's schedules

Wisdom of the Crowd - CBS (New) Sunday ; the concept of collaborative crime solving on the net is fascinating to me. Other shows featuring a rich dude who tries to do something like this haven't interested me, but this one does.

Ghosted - CBS - (New) Sunday; set in the 80's, check, Craig Robinson, check, paranmormal..we'll see. I actually was not a fan of Ghostbusters the movie.

Big Bang Theory - CBS - Monday/Thursday. Hasn't jumped the shark but gotta be close. Still a great laugh and the time goes by so fast while watching it. Some episodes are much better then others.

The Middle - ABC - Tuesday - Final season. Started watching this show 3 years ago and its excellent. Reminds me a bit of Roseanne in that they are "real" people.

Goldbergs - ABC - Wednesday - Some episodes are better then others. I actually find the episodes at the end of the season and the start are not as good as the middle. Additionally I find that episodes that directly parody 80's icons like Ferris Bueller are better then general episodes. The lack of a cohesive timeline is starting to get annoying, compared to say The Middle which has a normal line.

Modern Family - ABC - Wednesday - Very good show. I literally laugh out loud several times a show.

Law & Order: SVU - NBC - Wednesday - legacy show both in duration as well as style.

Young Sheldon - CBS - (New) Thursday - getting terrible reviews but will check it out anyways due to my love of big bang theory.

Gotham - FOX - Thursday - Very crowded time slot but this is one of the best written shows on television. The character development is tremendous.

Superstore - NBC - Thursday - Having worked in a grocery store when I was younger I find some of the humour to be spot on. The two lead characters and Garrett are also excellent. It's a "B" show but worth watching. PVR material.

Hawaii Five-0 - CBS - Friday - Guilty pleasure! Even guiltier after what went down with the Asian actors.

Outlander - Starz - Sunday - Great show. Very good books.

Shows I Might End Up Watching One Day

Sons of Anarchy - I have watched season 1 but don't have access to the show. Not crazy about paying for shows so will see down the line maybe.

Game of Thrones - See Sons of Anarchy comments. However I have read the books (yes I am one of those people).

Bosch - Watched season 1. Got the free Crave TV preview just for the show. Huge fan of the Bosch books, the show was o.k. If available again I would watch more.

Black Mirror - Netflix - Might give this show a chance.

Walking Dead - Loved this show. One of my favourites. But was getting a bit overwhelmed by all the human on human violence, and then the scene to start this year with Glen being killed was the final straw. I may go back to it though, we'll see.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:43 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey, a Better Call Saul fan <3 That show inspired me to get into Breaking Bad. Season 3 is definitely where things start to really pick up. I'm chomping at the bit for season 4!

I know I can't wait for season 2 of Stranger Things. I watched almost the entire first season in one sitting... I was hooked. My sister is a huge fan and we have talks about it, it's great.

I feel you on the human on human conflict in The Walking Dead. I don't know if I'm going to continue watching it because of that, and only tune in to see what's going on here and there whenever the next season starts up. Last season was just... it was dumb.

Anyway! I really don't watch a lot of TV, to be honest...

BoJack Horseman season 4 will be starting shortly, on Netflix. Especially the end of the second season and the third season, I really, really got into it. It looks like it's a stupid show but, trust me, it's actually quite good, just takes a few episodes to get into it.

I couldn't get into Game of Thrones at first, but I do want to give it another shot.

Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix is pretty good. I'm very much looking forward to season 2.

I like F is for Family as well. Another show that's a little slow but good once you get into it.

I kind of want to watch Orange is the New Black, too. My sister is in love with it and I hear it's really good.

Archer I really need to get back into as well. It's been sooo long since I've watched it, though I'll probably have to watch it from the beginning.

Lastly, Supernatural... Oh boy, I love this show but hate that there are so many seasons. Last season was so dumb and boring, especially since somethings they had going had potential, and others were... really, really just stupid as hell, I only watch it because I want to see how it wraps up. I love the brothers as much as the next person, but hopefully the next season brings their adventure to a close.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:39 pm 

I was thinking of trying Supernatural after finishing X-Files, but like you said, so many seasons, seems so daunting.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Breaking Bad. I head it gets much better, but I haven't gone back to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:11 am 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Blog: View Blog (2)

Hello! I just joined this site so thought I would get involved. I love my TV shows! Here is a list from me...

Archer - I found this on Netflix and binge-watched 7 seasons through a month! I adore Lana, and love picking up all the references of other spy movies and shows!

Berlin Station - Speaking of spy shows, I accidently stumbled on to this as it was scheduled right after Vikings. Wasn't sure about after the 1st episode, but I gave it another chance, and now have watched the whole first season!

Vikings - Since I mentioned it above, yes, I love this show. I like the way they move the characters on, though I would hope to age like Lagertha! Some are critical of it as nto being 'historical' but it is a drama set in history, not a historical documentary. My current crush is Ubbe (Jordon Smith), the second son of Ragnar Loethbrok. Anyway.... love the show

Sons of Anarchy - I saw it mentioned, and I watched all the episodes eventually. I dated a biker for a time and though they are rather mellow, things can get crazy. Loved Katey Segal as Gemma!They just roll all of that into a TV show. I hear a spinoff is being made featuring the Mayans, the Mexican bike gang in Sone of Anarchy.

Game of Thrones - I am always a season late with this show as I won't pay Foxtel, but I get the Blu Ray when they come out, and I watched a full season on an airplane on a flight to Europe and back. I loke it, and as for one who tried but couldn't get into reading the books, this does nicely.

Anyway... I may add some more later. Pleased to meet you all! :)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
-Piter DeVries

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.
-Paul Atreides

~My RP Resume~ ~ ~My Characters~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:41 am 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

Ok, here's my problem. I have a subscription to Netflix, Funimation, my mom has the amazon streaming service, and my brother gave me the code to his hulu. I have so many shows I can watch, but zero motivation to actually go pull them up.

what is wrong with me?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 am 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Blog: View Blog (2)

That is kind of like having DVDs of movies that I hardly ever watch, but then I watch a movie I have on DVD when I find it on free-to-air TV, complete with commercials. The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy, I'm talking about you!

There is only so much free time in a day. Do I spend it online or in front of the big screen, or both?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
-Piter DeVries

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.
-Paul Atreides

~My RP Resume~ ~ ~My Characters~

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:22 pm 

I need to watch:

13 Reasons Why Season 2

Dynasty episode 21

And The Last Kingdom