All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:07 am 

I need to keep reminding myself that I care more about writing (espeaically for myself) than what people think

Blog: View Blog (6)

I didn't know where else to put this, so I'm asking here instead.

With BBCode on the site, can you specify the length of Div Boxes, and what is the code for it?

I'd like to add an image background to the Div Box. How do I do that if it is possible?

Thanks in advance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:24 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Hey there!

We have a guide to the BBCode used on site, and how it works!
Click here to check it out, it should help you out!

As for the divbox, you can only specify a color for it. The notation is:

[*divbox=color][*/divbox]

(Minus the asterisks)

And you can use either the color's name or the hexadecimal code. I hope that helps!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:44 am 

I need to keep reminding myself that I care more about writing (espeaically for myself) than what people think

I've looked through that and it doesn't answer my questions.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:54 am 

Sort of back.

Okay. The Divbox will encompass your entire text (I have one in my signature, this black background). The code only allows you to specify the color of the divbox, and everything inside will occupy it. You can use other codes inside the divbox as well, as you wish (url, columns, font color and face, etc, etc). But it only allows you a slot to specify the color of the background, in the format I used on my previous post, i.e., either the name or code of the color. The divbox will only end when you close the tag. Please, let me know if you need further explanation, I'm more than willing to help!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:32 pm 

I was hoping to be able to make a posting template so that people can tell with a glance which character it's for and wanted to make the div smaller so I could use a smaller image.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:40 pm 

Sort of back.

The divbox will wrap around whatever you put in it, so there wouldn't really be a need to to make it smaller. As you can see within my signature, it ends when you stop adding information to it. As for the image, would you use a character picture on top, and then the post text? A posting template is not mandatory here, but a lot of people here use them, and they can make them work well with what we can offer in terms of code. You can add a character picture, different fonts, columns, pretty much any possible code, within the divbox.

While I don't use it all that much, I can try and help you out if you need something like that made, so you can store the code with you and use it whenever.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:45 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The boxes tend to wrap around what is in them, like an image, etc. With some playing around you can make some pretty interesting and complex templates. Images can be placed into the divbox, but are not something that can be used as a background image. Best suggestion would be to just try out somethings and get something you like. There are a couple of threads in the personal works section that you can look through and see what other people have done.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:39 pm 

The div box stretches out to fill the entire post and I don't want it to do that. I only want the div to be the same length as the image I use.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:46 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Save for you actually linking/showing what you want or are trying to do there is little that can be done. Feel free to just pm me with what you are trying to do and I will see if I can help in anyway.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!