All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:27 am 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Anyone here own Space Engineers on Steam? Been playing but can't find a server to settle down on? Do you find servers are either empty and boring, or too busy for well established factions to care to accept a join request from a random new user like yourself?

I propose we make our own. I have a server that's sitting idle that I want to put to work. I'm willing to set up a dedicated server and provide a home for Creative Freedom users to build and explore in Space Engineers and make something great. I'm hoping to make a place for players to call home and be creative, with each other.

Please let me know if anyone is interested before I start setting one up. I will be installing a few mods, depending on what the machine can handle. It was a business grade rack mounted server with 2 processors and like 52 gb ram, so it should be good for some stuff. It did run our company before they were upgraded to new ones...

Please let me know if you would be interested in this. I'm probably going to make it private for CF members only.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:02 am 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Still interested in this. My plan is to redo my server and remove HyperV and possibly set up a Windows 2012 server on it instead of using virtual machines. I had a server running on it already, but apparently VM's dont handle single thread processes very well so it should run better on a bare metal install.

Computer jargon aside, I can have a functional server running in a short time once I have the windows server installed and running if anyone wants to make a roleplay server.

I'd be fine with a non rp server just to play with people from here. Otherwise, what servers do you guys play on that you would suggest me join?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace