All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ninjas or Pirates?
Ninjas 54%  54%  [ 208 ]
Pirates 46%  46%  [ 174 ]
Total votes : 382
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:52 am 

Where do we go from here?

Blog: View Blog (1)

Has anyone used Princess Bride yet? Obviously, the "Dread Pirate Roberts" wins. XD He's a fantastic duelist/fencer, pretty much dresses and acts like a ninja, has high intelligence, and still pulls off the swashbuckling of a pirate. ;)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:20 am 

Left or right?

Medals: 4
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Gif Hunt Participant! (1) Gif Hunt Winner! (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

That's true, I do love me some Westley, but I guess what it comes down to, is that I would rather rp a ninja character than a pirate one. A ninja would be written as a bad ass naturally, to make a pirate a bad ass, in my opinion, it's more of a stretch. Wesley never felt like a pirate to me, he felt like a bad ass.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Kitten, you're purrfect. You're at the top of the acatemy.
You've cat to be kitten me right meow! Cat was ameowzing!
Awww, see, Kitten is just a kind cool cat. She appreciates the puns.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:32 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Jazz flute playing kraken summoning pirate. (Rped on here and was incredibly bad ass.) Actually that rp was one of the most popular and run rps the site ever had and lasted a good while. A Pirate rp.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:35 am 

Left or right?

Medals: 4
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Gif Hunt Participant! (1) Gif Hunt Winner! (1)

Yeah, maybe pirates just aren't my thing...

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Kitten, you're purrfect. You're at the top of the acatemy.
You've cat to be kitten me right meow! Cat was ameowzing!
Awww, see, Kitten is just a kind cool cat. She appreciates the puns.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:36 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Personally I would love to roleplay a pirate. I actually do have plans for it in the future, because it's a lot of fun to write pirates. =)

And yeah, there is the personal preference, that's an important point.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:09 pm 

Owner

Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Very true. I could write either but pirates give me the gritty good feels that are hard to ignore lol

Another bonus, feathers in their hats. I mean come on! How awesome is that?

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:18 pm 

Rum innate.

Medals: 2
December 2015 (1) Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (4)

*folds open treasure island map: X marks the spot*
Arrr! We be plunderin' some bootlegs!
Booty, you dummy! *bonks*
Ow!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:42 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Pirates are very fun diverse characters compared to ninjas. Ninjas are well-disciplined and do whatever is necessary to get their job done. Both are equally morally bankrupt except Ninjas are a bit more trained at how to be terrible people. Pirates are just terrible people by upbringing or even by nature. A Ninja would destroy a pirate in a dirty hand-to-hand, a sword-fight would be a bit harder but in an all out brawl it would really depend on a lot of factors like what each person has (the ninja can just lay down and die if that son'****ing has a gun), the environment and how the fight starts.

I choose Ninja simply because I admire them a bit more; they're a more disciplined group and their title isn't synonymous with alcohol and disease. Plus, you hear a ton about how the Somali pirates are a terrible thing, but you never hear about the Somali Ninjas. And I know you're thinking "Duh Ben, cuz they don't exist!".... but that's just what they want you to think !whisper

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:37 pm 

Anyone willing to join my RP?

For the art of assassination? I prefer Ninja :D

I will not establish the RP until some are interested.
________________________________________________________________________________

View Likes PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:02 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

50/50 exactly, what is this?! Pirates never call a draw! Come, pirate supporters!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:17 pm 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Medals: 1
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)

Don't listen to her! Ninjas need to come out on top! They never give up!

View Likes PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:13 pm 

eyy, senpai!

GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

fighting dreamers unite

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:11 pm 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Yes Eggsy! Fighting dreamers unite!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:42 am 

I LIVE!

Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (4)

Do what you want cause a pirate is free! You are a PIRATE!

that is all I have to say...

View Likes PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:01 am 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)

Just leaving this here:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:51 am 

Gunther wrote:
Ninjas were at one time a legitimate occupation sanctioned by a governing body. Pirates have never had that accommodation.

Actually, from what I have understood Piracy was a governed sanctioned act, they were known as buccaneers, who were tasked with attacking and commandeering enemy ships for the country they were working for. Then at some point the conditions of being under the government control became too much for them to deal with; bad pay, no sort of benefits, bad equipment. So eventually the buccaneers left their respective governments and formed their own groups.

As far as the arguments about physical training and fighting skills go, would you have any idea how physically in shape one would have to be to work on those kind of ships. You have to be strong enough to handle the sails through storms, gripping tightly on ropes that would slip out and rip your skin completely off if your grip gives just a tiny bit. Then a lot of them were very well trained in sword fighting and brawling techniques as well as some becoming skilled in firearm use. So it isn't that far of a stretch to say a pirate could take on a ninja in combat.

For me, I choose the pirate life over the ninja life due to the important, to me, factor of pirates being pretty much free. They have a pirate code which they are bound to, which makes the real pirate life a lot different than what a lot of movies show. Other than that they are just survivors trying to make their way in the world by whatever means they can. Ninjas, on the other hand, are usually under the thumb of someone else who pays for either their own protection or for the assassination of others so basically end up just being used as tools for someone else. Ninjas are pretty bad ass, I will admit, but not as bad ass as a sea sailing pirate, in my opinion.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:09 am 

In College

Medals: 10
Completed RP (5) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

If this is an anime/fantasy ninjas v pirates, it depends totally on which ninjas and which pirates. However, if it's actual ninjas and pirates, ninjas win hands down.

Pirates are a mixed bag. Lawlessness is all they have in common, and only a few are truly good scoundrels and fighters. Ninjas don't get to be ninjas unless they're the best of the best. They all have professional training and know how to strategies and work as a team. At the critical moment, a pirate is still just a person and would chose to flee and save their life. The ninja fights to the death. As soon as that pirate's back is turned, he's a goner.

Remember, there are very few real pirates. Mostly, they're just a bunch of escaped prisoners or criminals who managed to steal a boat. How could a trained assassin lose to a normal person with a weapon?

(Disclaimer: where anime is concerned, I prefer one piece to naruto. So take it as you will.)

Your result for The Fantasy RPG Class Test...

The Witch Hunter
15% Strength, 67% Bloodlust, 10% Intelligence, 37% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 13% Agility!

Savage and deadly, the Witch Hunters use their powerful dark magic to defeat their opponents. Masters of killing and torture, the Witch Hunters will seek out other powerful magic users to slay so that they can capture their souls and summon them in battle. These dark undead magicians will blindly serve them and obey their every command! Witch Hunters have also mastered both light and dark magic, which they can use to confuse and mentally torture their foes. Witch Hunters that have strayed to the side of light may be less proficient with their dark magic; however, they can use their mastery over light to heal and create powerful illusions. In fact, these warriors can use their light in ways that no other spellcaster class can. By combining their light with dark magic, they can trap their foes in worlds of illusion where they can torment and torture their foes. Oftentimes, a few moments within the illusion can seem like an eternity, and once an opponent manages to escape from the illusion they are broken and empty shells of their former selves. Controlling enemies and forcing them to do their bidding is no trouble for Witch Hunters.

Congratulations on reaching this high class!

You have not mastered any Hidden Power granted by the Genie.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:18 pm 

Where do we go from here?

I still have to go for pirates. A lot of pirates were betrayed by law abiding folk or oppressive governments. Not to mention, they grew out of some tough circumstances. Street orphans, folks who merely couldn't find work elsewhere, and criminals all formed their own types of crews. I've enjoyed RPing as a pirate on other sites and would love to do it again.

The best thing going for the pirates is their intense sense of independence. Before the rum and gold and tales of legends, they were just a ragabond group of outcasts that strove for a common goal. They survived with their own ideas and methods. (Which is a bit like our band of odd souls here on CFRPG, no? XD)

Also, to add to what "thetruegarsot" was saying, pirates most certainly had government backing. Sir Francis Bacon, an English pirate who was famous for countless thefts of Spanish gold, was actually backed by Queen Elizabeth I.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:44 pm 

can horses get songs stuck in their heads

ninjas are better. why, you may ask? because pirates don't have eggs full of powder they throw in people eyes.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:00 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next