All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Music to write to!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:03 pm 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I know when I write I need to have something to encapsulate me in the background. My typical preferences are long youtube playlists of filmscore and instrumentals. Any suggestions to share? What do you write to?

Anyone know of some good cyberpunk themed music?

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Music to write to!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:24 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

8tracks is my best friend 4life. I get on that bad boy, search for the vibes I'm diggin', and find a wack playlist to groove my fingers to.
Sorry, I went kinda weird there. When I write, I usually listen to upbeat or high energy music, like EDM, electroswing, or indie. Minimal vocals is the best since sometimes I can get distracted by the lyrics, but since the human voice is a beautiful instrument on occasion I'll listen to French, Japanese, or Scandinavian rock. That stuff's my go-to, but at certain times I want to match the music with what I'm writing so, for example, Shades and I are doing a historical Mayan roleplay, and when I'm writing for my character I'll listen to some ancient Mayan/Aztec/Mexican music to get into the mood of the time. And, like I said, I would recommend 8tracks to anyone that wants a playlist made by an actual person, not a machine. It has a good search engine too.
Unfortunately I don't have any knowledge on the cyberpunk genre, sorry!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:43 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Lol no worries man. You know what I reeeeeeaaally loooove when it comes to ethnic, I guess, music? Middle eastern stuff. The middle eastern vocal styles get me everytime man.

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:04 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

@Cotton is right, 8tracks is absolutely fantastic and I used to be an avid user of it too - until they preeeeetty much nuked the site for anyone outside North America 8) **** THAT, I say. So @Malikai, maybe go there and just search for 'cyber punk' to see what 8tracks can come up with? I'll guarantee that you will find something.

Sent from t̗͈ͥ͒͒̅̑̿h̺ͣ̑̐̎̑̇͝ẹ͇͊ͤͅ ̗̝͖̠͍͔̺ͣ̓͆͐̕v̶͂̒͗oͭ̀̌̉̿ỉ̉̌̒̓̈͌͠d̛̤̻͖̂͊͗̈͑ using Tapatalk

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:12 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

@Malikai oooh, I agree. Middle Eastern vocals are always very interesting and beautiful in the way that the human voice really becomes an instrumental part of the song!

@Fearless Sissy boo, I didn't know that. That really sucks >:c why do things have to do that? I'm in Canada so it's not quite as bad, but I've been snubbed by sites and videos before because I'm not American. You're not the centre of the universe, guys.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:38 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

That sucks. As an American, I do not advocate the control and privatization of the internet. You know, that world wide web of free resources.

I checked out 8tracks and it's pretty cool, but it doesn't function very well with my screen reader unfortunately. The music was too loud and I couldn't figure out where the volume switch was because I couldn't hear the text to speech voice lol. They did have a good list of cyberpunk stuff though!

@Cotton, I agree. Have you ever given Tibetan throat singing a whirl?