All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beautiful places
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:20 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

So, decided to share some more love and positivity around!
This thread is devoted to beautiful places. They can be where you live, places you have been to or simply places you wish to visit one day. Have fun!

I'll start this off!

Rio de Janeiro, where I'm from and known as Wonderful City in Brazil.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Beautiful places
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:32 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

What a beautiful place to be from Shades.

This is mine:
https://41.media.tumblr.com/d03ffcb87afe51f398b082ab6c8dba30/tumblr_n8g2cad2oT1sly88fo1_540.jpg

I have no idea where this is, but I wanna check it out when I DO find out the location of it! (Not going to when it involves breaking in. Whoops!)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:39 pm 

Sort of back.

Oh, that's pretty! If you do visit (legally), I wanna be invited!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:45 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Shades wrote:
Oh, that's pretty! If you do visit (legally), I wanna be invited!

Heck yea woman!

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:58 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

Blue Ridge North Carolina

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/108227197268192921/

For some reason when I'm passing through Blue Ridge Parkway there is something scenic about this road. Never been there during the winter time but after searching in google it's just amazing. I love Winter time.
http://m2.i.pbase.com/o6/79/238179/1/148132902.HmS196Kt.brp_snow25_raw.jpg

One day I like to rent these cabins up in the mountains during the winter time.
http://blueridgemountainlife.com/wp-content/gallery/gorgeous-blue-ridge-cabins-in-the-snow/boone-rental.jpg

I can hear what you're thinking, all your doubts and fears. And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find the reason I'm here. And in time all things shall pass away in time, you may come back someday. You know your days are numbered. Count them one by one. Like notches in the handle of an outlaw's gun. You can outrun the devil if you try, but you'll never outrun the hands of time. In time, there'll surely come a day in time, all things shall pass away. In time, you may come back, some say. To live once more or die once more, but in time, your time will be no more.

Last edited by Ghost on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:41 pm 

Sort of back.

Neat! I'd probably freeze there, but it's all so beautiful!

That's not particularly beautiful, but I'd say it's interesting. It's the first thing many people see when they come to Rio, where I'm from. A very elderly man people called the "Kindness Prophet", because all of his messages spoke mainly of kindness to one another, would paint these under the bridges one sees right after leaving the station where the buses come into the city.

Translation of the words:

God
Kindness
Which begets
Kindess
Love
Beauty
Perfection
Goodness
And Richness
Nature

His work can be seen better here:

And this was the man, he passed away in 1996

(A bit of trivia about my home, I guess we can say that)

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:42 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

@Ghost, you underlined your pictures instead of linking c; Use the [url] tags instead, or [rimg] to insert the picture (and resize automatically).

I have two places I'd like to share to begin with. One of them is Møns klint in Denmark, which are these great chalky beauties:

The other is the Meiji shrine [明治神宮] in Shibuya. It's utterly gorgeous and located in a beautiful park. I've always liked that about Japan - you've got skyscrapers off to one side, and on the other side of the road you have rice paddies, tall trees and temples. It's a beautiful mix.
A traditional shinto wedding procession.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:49 pm 

Sort of back.

@Fearless Sissy - Thanks for sharing these! They're really beautiful!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:36 pm 

Sort of back.

The IRS building in Rio. My father worked on this building for over 20 years, and I have been there several times. It's rumored to be haunted by people who have committed suicide there. I'm not sure whether or not I buy it, but it's extremely cold and strange at night, when everyone else has gone away (my father used to leave work later than the majority of people, so I have been there at night a few times).

Outside

Entrance hall

Staircases

A curiosity:
It was built ages ago, when it was still allowed to smoke inside buildings, and all the ashtrays end in golden metal shaped like lion paws (as the IRS in Brazil is called 'the Lion', as it's the chosen symbol for the institution)

I'll probably share more pictures of this area (downtown Rio), as it's very rich in old and well preserved buildings, this one being one of my favorite.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:26 am 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Adaptive (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

My heart longs for the abandoned ruins of buildings and temples, once neglected by men, today forgotten. There is something so fascinating about ruins and abandoned homes that makes me fight for breath whenever a lustful eye falls on images of these places. It's like, the pictures speak to me in a way I can't describe - claimed by nature when men had no longer use for them. Perhaps we were not worthy enough to keep them since we've left them to decay. Yet there they are and they feel so alive. I know there are way too many reasons why some of these lost buildings cannot be saved; WWII had damaged many properties during the war, then there are the natural disasters that destroy beyond repair, and then foreclosure and some just never sell, etc...

But there I still think that for many out there today, there is so much that could have been done with some of the abandoned homes. When some people can acquire a 5k pair of jean as if it just cost them a dollar, these homes can still be claimed and restored, and why not build from these ruins, new homes, new buildings... So I feel pained and confused that the work of people who put time and effort into constructing stunning architecture and building beautiful designs is a work that is wasted. I wish I could visit each one of the marvels I've seen in my life - unfortunately I've only ever seen them but through images alone.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:24 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

Tian Man Shan (Heaven's Door) in Hunan, China

Additional Image