All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:06 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Nice! Might have to try with others some day. That was mostly the result of not buying groceries and tossing whatever I had left at home in. XD

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:31 am 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Ye. Throwing in spices during the cooking phase also helps, as does using broth instead of water for the boiling.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:34 am 

Sort of back.

Taking all the notes. Thanks, skelly! =)

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:38 am 

eyy, senpai!

No prob. All the spices kinda pushes it over the 6 ingredient limit, technically, but it's fine. Just throw them together before you put them in the rice and the resulting blend is totally only one part of it.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:47 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Naturally, I'm sure you'll know what I would do to handle the spices and eliminate them down a single ingredient. Well, @Shades would know, I dunno if told you yet @Eggsy, but I would add my magic ingredient: hot sauce!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:37 am 

eyy, senpai!

Aha, you can't go wrong with that!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:10 am 

Hahaha, do you have any personal favorites yourself you think go good with any of these recipes?

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:29 am 

eyy, senpai!

I'm quite partial to things made with chipotle peppers myself. At risk of sounding like literally everyone else, sriracha's also got a great flavor and melds well with a lot of stuff, but isn't all that hot in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:56 pm 

I haven't tried sriracha sauce yet, because there's a synthetic ingredient in the brand most commonly available to Americans that I can't have, but I'll let you know if I ever get a chance to add it to one of these recipes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:45 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Summer tips to beat the heat: Feast on Danish whipped milk soup - also known as coldbowl. It sounds weird as hell, I know, but trust me, it's super good.

Pictures | +
This is the regular version; the strawberry version is (unsurprisingly) a vivid pink color.
Also pictured: roasted oatmeal.

You need
    2 eggs
    1 dl (about a quarter cup) sugar
    1 l buttermilk
    Lemon zest

Optional ingredients
Strawberry purée; vanilla sugar

Procedure
    Whip egg and sugar like, a lot. Add lemon zest (and vanilla sugar).
    Add buttermilk a little by little while whipping. Electric mixers are your friends.
    Cool in fridge for about an hour and eat!
      Strawberry/eggless version: Purée a bunch of strawberries. It might be a little acidic, so add sugar to taste.
      Whip strawberry purée with 1 dl sugar until well mixed; follow steps as above.

Consume with delight and/or: sugar-roasted oatmeal/müsli, strawberry quarters, cornflakes, or other kinds of cereal as dessert, breakfast, and anything in between really.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:37 pm 

I made onigiri today and they turned out really cute! Also I am extremely full now. I underestimated the amount of rice. I was also made aware of the fact that for some reason, onigiri were referred to as jelly donuts once upon a time in a Pokémon episode?!

You need
    Sushi rice
    Sushi su
    Canned tuna
    Mayonnaise
    Nori

Optional ingredients
Other fun kinds of filling include salmon and umeboshi(I'm not a fan of that one). You can also easily make your own su (rice vinegar and sugar/mirin; 1:1). Roasted sesame seeds can also be mixed into the rice for some freckly little rice balls.

Procedure
    Boil rice according to instructions. Set aside, add su (taste once in a while), leave to cool off a little.
    Mix tuna and mayonnaise! Don't make it 1:1, but it still needs to be fairly creamy. Make sure to break up large tuna chunks.
    Get a bowl of cold water big enough for you to dip your hands in. Dip both your hands. Do it.
    Get a small lump of rice. Mash it together for a bit, ensuring the rice sticks together.
    Press a hollow in it. Add a big teaspoon of your filling of choice to the hollow.
    With your free hand, add another spoonful of rice on top.
    Time to start shaping the triangle! Flatten the sides, make sure it is as even as possible so it won't tip over when you set it down.
    Add nori, either as these dorky little faces I made, or as a 'belt' around the bottom part of the onigiri. If you plan to keep them in the fridge or something, don't add the nori - it gets really gross when it gets moist. Wait with that until you plan to eat them.
Table | +

Finished result | +

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:24 pm 

Sort of back.

Was feeling bored at home yesterday after work, so I decided to try this one out, and it worked, so I decided to share it here.

Microwave "Brigadeiro"

Context: Brigadeiro is a Brazilian sweet made out of chocolate. There are two kinds - the most traditional one is rolled into balls and served mostly in birthday parties. There is also the "spoon" variety, which is served in little cups. This is the one I'm sharing the recipe for.

You need
1 glass of milk
2 table spoons of margarine
3 table spoons of sugar
4 table spoons of powdered chocolate

Procedure
Mix all the ingredients inside a microwave safe recipient.
Put it in and heat for 6 minutes in normal mode.
After 6 minutes, remove the recipient (carefully) and stir the contents.
Put it back in and heat for 6 more minutes.
Remove again and check for consistency. It should be creamy by now.
Put it in the fridge and let it cool before eating.

You can mix whatever you want in or just eat it as is. It's pretty good for those guilty pleasure binges.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:41 pm 

End-of-month tomato noodles
You need
    One can of chopped tomatoes
    A thing of dried egg-noodles (or other kind that will be cooked in 3-4 minutes)

Optional ingredients
A handful of (frozen) vegetables; meat of some kind (I've tried with chopped hotdogs and shrimp); soy sauce; spices; bouillon cube.

Procedure
    Dump the whole can of tomatoes in a pot with a lid. Wait for it to bubble - it needs to be pretty hot.
    Add dried noodles. Chop into smaller chunks as necessary to get them covered with the tomato.
    Make sure to keep the lid on the pot, but stir once in a while! If you remove the lid entirely, all moisture will boil off and you end up with really dry tomato noodles.
    When the noodles are almost done, add meat and vegetables. As for the veggies, they don't need to be completely thawed, but don't dump them in the pot straight from the freezer, either.
      If you want shrimp, add it only right before you remove the pot from the heat, or they will become rubbery.