All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:01 pm 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

That's right, folks! It's time for the lunch poll from "Heathers" to hit the Chit Chat Section! So, I have to ask:

"You inherit 5 million dollars the same day aliens land on the earth and say they're going to blow it up in 2 days. What do you do?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:11 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Use the money to buy whatever I need to prevent the aliens from blowing up the planet.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:17 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Start buying up goods for black marketeering in the inevitable aftermath of an interstellar war.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:07 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Adaptive (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

So let's face it, 5 millions isn't actually a lot of money that can be used to save the planet, and you certainly won't have enough time to build a shelter unless you actually have one already built. Also even if shelters become available for a price, the 5 million won't be of any help as there are richer people in the world who will be ready to pay more in order to make sure that their friends and family will have enough room for themselves in shelters. Hell, why not spend 10 times the money to make sure your 5 friends and 10 family members are the only ones actually sharing your shelter. You know them rich people they don't wanna mix. Plus, if Aliens can actually blow up the planet in 2 days, who cares for shelters then. They WILL find you.

When it comes to fighting back, I don't think our technology is advanced enough to fight back the Aliens. We can try though. Humans are automatically programmed to fight for survival. Oh, and you certainly can't buy your way out of the planet. Just stay, fight and get wrecked you traitor!

So 2 days, you really don't have enough time to think what to do with the millions. Sure you can buy enough food, enough meds, lot of clothes and other survival supplies that you can store in your own built shelter in case 'your survive'.

So here is what I'll do...

After buying enough survival supplies for myself, I'll donate the millions to my country's military because at the end, if there is anybody out there who can defend us civilians, that would be our world's military, not us civilians. BUT we can join them in the fight. I mean for once, everyone putting their differences aside and joining arms together for a final stand, to fight for our planet Earth, for everything that we were, we became and have become. For once, we're fighting not for some armed conflict between our societies. Isn't that beautiful?

Oh yeah, buy enough condoms too. Last thing you want is to father a deformed kid cause of radiation. Gotta make sure **** is safe when you can't keep it in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:47 pm 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

Two words.

Hookers and blow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:42 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

Buy me some land, buy me some fences and buy plenty of food and ammunition.

I can hear what you're thinking, all your doubts and fears. And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find the reason I'm here. And in time all things shall pass away in time, you may come back someday. You know your days are numbered. Count them one by one. Like notches in the handle of an outlaw's gun. You can outrun the devil if you try, but you'll never outrun the hands of time. In time, there'll surely come a day in time, all things shall pass away. In time, you may come back, some say. To live once more or die once more, but in time, your time will be no more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:30 am 

Lonely

I would buy a house in Milton Abbas in Dorset England, employ 3 beautiful women to look after my every whim, then lay back and enjoy.
You never know the aliens might not get a chance to blow up the planet and they always land in America first !Black_Heart !Black_Heart

There are days when
life rewards us
and seems to make amends
by granting us a marvelous gift,
the precious gift of Friends.

Sig Credit: Eferhilda

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:39 am 

Procrastinating

Medals: 4
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Buy a spaceship.

So, take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out into the black
Tell 'em I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea

Sig courtesy of the amazing Eferhilda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:47 pm 

I'm not sure the money would be worth all that much anymore, especially after such an earth shattering (pardon the pun) event. Still, I'd probably ask Lana Condor out on a date.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:47 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Yeah, not sure anyone would care to even take my money. If I wanted to go travelling, would pilots even be flying? Would people fuel the planes? If I wanted to buy all the chocolate in the world, would there be anyone to sell it? Not to get technical... :D

Though if there was, I'd want to fly to a nice Caribbean beach, and just relax with my family and friends. Maybe buy a bunch of junk food, a ship full of gummy bears, a pizza so big you could use it as a bed, eat s'mores in front of a camp fire until the sun goes down, watch some of my favourite movies, and just have a final two day long crazy goodbye party with the people I care about most.

Take a look at My Resume

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:01 am 

They're gonna blow up the planet literally or just destroy everything on it? Well I don't reckon I'd need the money seeings as everyone would be rioting. I'd treat it like a the purge and try to go out with a bang.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:19 am 

lol. "Hookers and Blow" (Hey, that rhymes! :D)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:11 am 

Rum innate.

Medals: 2
December 2015 (1) Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (4)

Asteria wrote:
Post subject: "You Inheret 5 Million Dollars..."

Same as I would without the alien threat -- I would save some of the money and travel to do some humanitarian and archaeological work.

Aliens are inherently intelligent beings who would know how to spell inherit properly, so I am calling their bluff.
They're probably some amateur scammers from a non-English-speaking country.
Maybe they're already in here as... illegal aliens.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:39 am 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

Sentience wrote:
Aliens are inherently intelligent beings who would know how to spell inherit properly, so I am calling their bluff.
They're probably some amateur scammers from a non-English-speaking country.
Maybe they're already in here as... illegal aliens.

Or perhaps the illegal aliens spelled inheret due to a simple typo as said alien spelled it fine within the body of the message that's nothing to do with being an amateur scammer from a non-English-speaking country. But thank you, truly, for attempting to call its bluff to try and avoid world decimation.

Good answers, guys! Keep 'em coming for the worst lunchtime topic in history!